Whats EA gonna do bout the lag spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats EA gonna do bout the lag spikes

I just got back into bf2 after bout 5 months and now when i play the game it freezes for bout a sec or less than a sec. I hope this is not just me. But its making the game unplayable.

Re: Whats EA gonna do bout the lag spikes

Is this thread a joke?

Comment

when I get those kind of problems I first of ALL try EVERYTHING before posting a thread. Then I format my computer. THEN I post a thread.

Comment

You can't blame ping spikes on EA. Search the forum for ping spikes you'll find everything you need.

Comment

Im not sure what they are ****ing called i just call them lag spikes. I may have worded it wrong then im sorry but it comes down to the game freezing for bout a second and i assumed it is caused by the 1.41 patch.

and dont tell me its just me b/c i know a couple of other people that i happens to also

Comment

nothing. especially since they have nothing to do with your internet.

Comment

It may not be your internet, but your machine. Follow this Tip 4 for increasing performance:

If BF2 gets worse as a high priority application, simply change it to low. It works for me, no lag what so ever, and I have highspeed dial-up.

Comment

nope its not my intranets. Like i said it hasnt happened just to me but my friend as well

Comment

nope its not my intranets. Like i said it hasnt happened just to me but my friend as well

Comment

specs plz

Comment

Do you know what an intranet is? That's way off base for this discussion. And everyone gets lag spikes from time to time. It's called dropping packets and that happens for millions of reasons. All you can do tweak things with your system and play on servers as close as possible.

Comment

K once more i dont think its lag spikes anymore and i dont know why i put that in the title of my thread.

Anyways lets start over. The freezing of the game last for bout half a sec and then goes back to normal play. It didnt do this till after i downlaoded the 1.41 patch. Also now that i think bout it the game didnt freeze this weekend when i was playing it on my laptop. Im just wondering if it has something to do with the new ATI drivers i downloaded. But the strage thing is my friend says the freezing happens to him also and we have the same video card ATI x800 pro.

The game has ran fine up till now after the 1.41 patch and im not to sure if it played fine inbetwenn when i downloaded the patch and when i downloaded the new drivers b/c i wasnt playing the game at that time.

Comment

did you use driver cleaner after u unistalled you old ati drivers? then install youre new ones in safe mode?

is youre hardrive defraged and free of spyware(sorry to be obvious but hey )

latest directx 9.0c (feb i think is new)

oh and clean out youre bf2 cache thing (for gfx the one in my doc's bf2 ect)

hope this helps,

nice to see you back aswell m8.

Comment

my bf2 works fine, its my 2142 that sucks cause of lag

Comment

You been out for a while and there have been PB updates. Manually update your PB.

Comment

Working...
                              X