Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(rant/whine) Commanders, please spot enemies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (rant/whine) Commanders, please spot enemies!

The radio spam complaints are from the constant spotting over, and over again of multiple targets.

A Commander needs to recognize who is a sniper and should always spot those targets.

Next, the Commander should call in arty on groups of enemies.

One of the things I always want to do is call in close support arty on a Cap that my troops are trying to take, but I am always concerned about killing my own so I usually don't do it. But, it is hard to scan and see all those enemy troops in and around a Cap, but not be able to do anything but spot them.

I really like the idea of defending assets. I wish more people did it. It would be nice for at least one squad to defend the assets. It makes sense and could lead to some interesting action.

Comment

^^Defending assets is critical and I typically try to do so while I'm commander.

This is where spotting not only helps your team, but you as well. After setting up that UAV in the most important area, I run a scan and spot the few enemies along the flanks of the map or who are headed for our main base (clearly to take out assets). If nobody responds to this alert, I take out the spec ops enemy myself. In rare cases the enemy who've I've killed starts whining about "Commanders fighting" blah blah blah... what am I supposed to do, let you blow my stuff up and "take the hit"? pffffff....

Scanning is so critical to victory, but more often than not, teammates do not make an attempt at taking down enemies who are "away from the main battle".

Comment

Regarding the comment on commanders spotting helicopters, it can be difficult to do so because they move quickly, and you have to zoom all the way in to spot them... It's the duty of every soldier to spot all enemy activity before engaging.

Comment

When I am commander I find a place to hide and try to concentrate all my attention on the business at hand and not try to do too much. Nothing is more annoying than a commander running around the map and basically using the commanders assets for his own intel.
          It can be a bit annoying when an inexperienced commander spots every single target on the map to the point where it is information overload and VOIP becomes useless for all the spotting audio flooding your headset. I suppose I would rather have that than nothing though.
          I try to spot only the critical targets such as snipers, approaching armor, attacks on assets or attacks on held flags. I like to encourage squads to have a supply person so I don't have to waste supply boxes that could be used for armor or asset repair and I hate to risk supplying the enemy in firefight zones. I always try to reserve UAV for squads attempting to capture flags if at all possible.
          What is annoying as a commander are persons that ignore artillary warnings and earn you a TK because they wouldn't listen! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by [MOH] Coach
            Nothing is more annoying than a commander running around the map and basically using the commanders assets for his own intel.
            I really feel a lot of people playing Commander are doing this.

I guess if you are the one who can win the Commander selection, you can decide what you are going to do with the Commander tools. That is what most of the rest of the player base does anyway on the public servers. It is not like others are working together as a team towards total victory.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
              If you are going to hang at the MEC uncaps, why don't YOU be the commander?
              Quite often I am commander. Sometimes I'm outranked. Sometimes i'm only interested in fighting not commanding.

when i'm a commander I practice what I preach... stragglers & helis are spotted. (i can tell the helis cuz they move fast & are often over water).

Comment

I just wish when the commander sees people going to a flag that he spots all possible threats!

Comment

Working...
                X