Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(rant/whine) Commanders, please spot enemies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (rant/whine) Commanders, please spot enemies!

I play a lot of Sharqi, and often i just like to hang out at the MEC uncap & protect the assets.

Sometimes a sniper will sneak in and suddenly start picking us off, and it's very hard to figure out where they are, especially against a good sniper.

How did this happen? The commander simply doesn't "spot" the enemies. Not even high priority enemies. (you know, the ones sitting out all alone in bases they don't control). Not even after being asked several times "Please spot the sniper near the beach house!".

I can only assume they are ignorant of the technique, and assume the sat. scan is useless.

Last night a few of us even started bitching about it to the commander, he told us to "shut up I've been playing this game for 2 years noobs". We laughed at him playing for 2 years and having never learned to spot on the minimap. (That didn't help our frustration though).

Anyways commanders: if i'm sitting all alone guarding assets or vehicles... please help me out by alerting me whenever you can that an enemy is coming near. Thanks!

Re: (rant/whine) Commanders, please spot enemies!

If you are going to hang at the MEC uncaps, why don't YOU be the commander?

On Sharqi as commander, I tend to zoom in one level over the city and ignore the uncaps unless an asset gets blown, then I'll go over and spot the spec ops. If someone on my team is nearby I will make sure they find and kill the enemy.

Comment

I agree, when snipers are near uncaps and i spot them as a normal player, they kill me, i respawn sniper, look for them... they've moved.... but the commander rarely helps... thats when i resort to bunnyhop-scanning

Comment

Try and figure out the general direction the sniper fire is coming from. Then pop your head up and do a quick commo-rose spot of a sniper.

If he's graphically visible to you, it will spot him correctly, even if you don't physically see him, or didn't take the time to actually see him, since by then he can take your head off.

The BF2 programing doesn't know that you didn't actually see him on your monitor. All it knows is you looked in a certain direction, attempted to spot some one, and if that person does exist in your line of site, it will spot them correctly.

Do it as quick as you can till you get a good spot (the one that isn't right at your location).

Hope this helps.

Comment

hi gee que, i know exactly what you mean. i hate it when you get no support from the commander. when i command, ill do a scan, then put a UAV in the appropriate place as to give my team as much advantage as possible, i then go on to spot all those far away from the main group that appeared in the scan.
          oh shane dont post **** thats irrelevant, theres a different thread for that

Comment

All I ask of commanders on normal maps (daqing, dalian, kubra, etc... you know, FULL maps) is the spotting of armor and helis. That's it: if they can do that while the ground troops go for flags intelligently, our victory is almost assured. Most of the time though, it's UAVs and artillery... if even that.

Comment

just spot on most common places on the map and you will find him

Comment

everytime I start to do it some retard whines I'm spamming and votekicks me or runs a mutiny, every now and again I'll get a team that can handle it.. I don't spam or anything just spot like a single out of a group or something like that to save radio noise.

Comment

I never blame the commander as it BF2 is to be played as a team effort that way you will win. Well that is what I think. Most of the time some commanders enjoy sitting around doing nothing may be having his dinner or taking a phone call or whatever then I do feel that he should be picked on :laugh: Only a joke

I just don't understand that some commanders think they can play the game and command as well. I did this and found it very hard but a new player should not until he/she is happy to.

Comment

How do you adjust the volume of the enemy unit spotted? I have voice over set to 1% and effects at 50% but it still too loud.

Comment

^ i think voice over refers to when ppl use voip

Comment

Nobody likes me to spot...they get pissed off by all the voices on the radio I guess...I'm only trying to help

Comment

The commander's job is to give intel to the troops. UAVs cannot cover every enemy soldier. Spotting is essential. **** radio spam. You can ***** and whine all about the commander spamming, but I'd rather know where the enemy is then to have dead silence and be clueless.

Commander spotting is essential. The troops earn the commander points, and he, in turn, is responsible for providing useful information. As long as the commander spots (~every 9 seconds for one enemy) just to keep that individual on the map, then it's all good. Yeah, yeah... my ears hurt... wah, wah... The AK he's toting will probably hurt more.

Anyway, I cannot stand commander that don't spot. I find myself asking (and quite regulalry now), "Commander... you do know how to spot, right?" Obviously, I get no response and no spots. If I'm capping a flag (alone or with a small group) and there is no UAV, then I need to know where the enemy is. After a couple no spots/questions about it, I explain that it is a simple right click and select "Spotted." It takes no skill. NONE. If it's a continual problem, then I express my frustration with a TK.

Yeah, TKing is lame... but to me it's justified in this case. Don't flame about this. I consider myself a decent commander (~25% of my points are from commanding). I'm not good, and I'm not bad... I've seen some horrible, horrible commanders... ones that made me quit the server so I feel I'm better than most people. Aside from that, most people don't understand the point system for commanders, or what effective and efficient commanding is.

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                            Nobody likes me to spot...they get pissed off by all the voices on the radio I guess...I'm only trying to help
                            I remember when I first started playing commander and kept on spotting every single thing over and over again. One guy got so mad he got on voip and kept telling me to stfu!

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                              Seen this sort of thing so many times. I do feel for you many people just don't like the location to be given away like snipers but that is life. I got booted off as I spotted a sniper (not knowing he was the admin) and he got killed. I tend to inform team what the other side are doing over the mic for example on Karkand the Train I would say either no one is at the location or a person is at the location even if he has claymore or C4 the flag. Been called names and such like after all the votes never work and if they did no one would want to play the game

Comment

Working...
                              X