Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the people who die in jets!!

hello
    i have a good tip for a jet, have any of you taken of a carrier and had one of those ***** j10s on you? well theres a way to get time to reach to a flag to bail. i have sat in the second seat of a bomber with a 3 star general and i thought- were gonna last all round. we take off, get a lock and were down and i was like wtf? the second time i got in and i switched to the rear view to see if he was deploying flares, we got a lock, he turned right and deployed flares and carried of turning so he pulled away from his life savers,so i told him to deploy flares and slowly decend with the flares and wooohheeyy the pilot shot all his missles at us and had to go back for ammo so we were saved, but if the pilots good he will gun you. try it, dont turn away from your flares,its also good for a igla since they eat 3/4 of your life......WORKS FOR ME!!!!!!!

Re: for the people who die in jets!!

thnx will try it m8

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Even better is just time it right and do a space shuttle mission.

Comment

mmm. Interesting idea anyways. Flaring and descending slowly will make the flares give you cover for longer, but the problem of having the other guy behind you still remains And if he's not a moron, he won't have fired off all his missles, maybe 1-2 max. The flare/space shuttle run sounds like a good plan to me, I'll have to try it out

Comment

another tip if you want to shoot down a j10 with a f-35b. it works also in igla and essexs, POINT INFRONT OF YOUR TARGET!! have you realised when you shoot a f35 some of your missles diss appear? thats because there to far away from heat source, point infront of your target and you will hit it 90% and if your very very close to a jet your missles will heat even if they deploy flares, good luck!

and another lol. go to your settings-control then go to aircraft (only do this if you use mouse) you should have mouse setting on bottom left, put all those bars to "5" now when you turn you should turn quick, its wierd but youl get used to it, it might help you get away from those j10's if you get one on your tail!!

Comment

one thing to say to you man, if youre using a jet just TO GET TO A FLAG? Thats a waste of a valuable asset, and If you let the right person use it you could easily get rid of the j-10.....If you want to get to a flag fast then take a chopper, its easy enough to avoid a j-10 in a blackhawk(for me anyways)
            or, suicide and spawn there lol

Comment

Originally posted by badboy
              another tip if you want to shoot down a j10 with a f-35b. it works also in igla and essexs, POINT INFRONT OF YOUR TARGET!! have you realised when you shoot a f35 some of your missles diss appear? thats because there to far away from heat source, point infront of your target and you will hit it 90% and if your very very close to a jet your missles will heat even if they deploy flares, good luck!

and another lol. go to your settings-control then go to aircraft (only do this if you use mouse) you should have mouse setting on bottom left, put all those bars to "5" now when you turn you should turn quick, its wierd but youl get used to it, it might help you get away from those j10's if you get one on your tail!!
              There is no working formula of getting away from J10 being in F35.. with even average pilot in J10 you will die still most times..In time you hear the lock on signal might be too late to do anything but jump out.. F35 is like magnetic to AA missiles and missiles fired from J10 can hit F35 even from most impossible positions.. If you play Wake then better get yourself F18.. it is capable of fight against J10 decently..but getting into one is gambling

Comment

Originally posted by badboy
                We all here appreciate the time you've taken to right these tips, but alot have already been thought out. BF2 is 3 months away from its 2nd anniversary and over that long period of time tips like these have been posted several times. Alot of others may also flame you for suggesting that a plane is as valuable as the distance to the nearest flag.

By the way, have you tried flying with just a keyboard instead? It beats having to increase your mouse sensitivity.

Comment

hmm interesting idea with the flares..gotta try that sometime

Comment

Common sense? The longer you stay under the flare's influence, the longer they will affect the missiles...

I never tested it, though.

Comment

What I do with my flares, is I deploy them as I barrel roll, so they sort of form a circle around me, works wonders in air to air combat.

Comment

The running then reversing your engines won't work on me since I use cannon also. :P

But not all pilots are skilled enough to notice the enemy jet is slowing down.

Eh, I've been flying to damn long.

Comment

it is still so sad that so many are clue-less about the jets
                          suggesting KB and mouse settings?
                          if you do not use a Joystick - you will get owned
                          (my apology to the .1% that might be good without a joystick)

and the idea of using the jets for a high speed taxi
                          well - we proabably have many of the BEST of bf2 jet pilots in our clan
                          and even THEY use the jets as high speed taxis OFTEN
                          (only way to win in wake and dragon valley, even Kubra at times, is to GET THAT 1st flag before bleeding hurts too bad)
                          and jets are THE fastest ways to get there

Comment

What the hell is wrong with using mouse + KB? Still don't get that...

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
                              What the hell is wrong with using mouse + KB? Still don't get that...
                              It pwns that much that JS fools fear it..

Comment

Working...
                              X