padded badges..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• padded badges..

Lets be serious...some badges beg to be padded.

Sure padding isnt a good thing, but Im not saying pad 1000000000 points...Im just wondering, is padding a difficult badge all that bad?

Take for instance expert engy and its 20 repair points.
    Now I mentioned it on these forums and was told "follow a APC/tank with a car and make repairs" or "keep repairing downed assests (UAV/Scan etc..)"
    Well suffice it to say, those two options are damn near impossible to do and still didnt acheive 20 repair points.
    Im going to be honest tho and tell you what my biggest response has been from a majority of players ive asked in-game how they obtained the badge...flipping a vehicle then switching seats and wrenching away.
    So now lets say I got tired of trying legaly to get this badge and finally just flipped a vod and went to work getting the repair points...would that be so wrong?

Now he comes my other problem...2 more badges Im at a loss on how to obtain legally without pulling my hair out going nuts tryign to obtain them.
    Expert AA and Expert Ground defense...
    Lets look at the requirements...20 kills in a round in a ground defense (TOW/Mounted LMG) 20 kills with AA.
    Ok let sbe frigging honest..thats a lot of friggin kills in one of those things.
    Being completely honest Ill say I dont even have the veteran forms of these badges, and the req. for them is 10 kills in each.
    To sum it up...after me playing well over 1k hours legaly and not obtaining the veteran form of this badge, now I have to double the req. ive not been able to accomplish yet
    Honestly without having incredible luck or people willing to be AA/GroundD. fodder...how the F*ck do I get 10kills, let alone 20?

Re: padded badges..

Who cares, there badges that mean nothing, If they mean THAT much to you, just pad them, who cares.

Comment

Commander on a mounted MG or stationary AA

Comment

10 Kills with Ground Defense......go to Karkand...and use the stationary MGs at "square". This works well if you play US and go for that flag first cause you'll have lots of MECs coming your way =)
        Or use the one down at "train accident" if you see there is a lot of people coming from "Market".
        I've done more than 10 kills like this in one round. Should be possible. Just concentrate on using Ground Defense a little more.

I'm having the same problems with the Expert Repaird Badge. 20 repair points --> sick.

Comment

What? expert ground and air defense were one of the first badges i ever got:

Go commander and sit in them, artillery away. Artillery kills count at ground defense/air defense kills. Its NOT padding, Its legal but some may call it cheap.

I say STFU to them

Comment

Sitting in a defense gun as commander is padding and he said he didn't want to pad.

Expert AA is easy and satisfying to kill flyers. Dragon Valley will get you 40 plus kills easy w/ the Mobile AA gun.

Maybe you mean Exp. Explosives? Thats a pain.

BTW - Sharqi as USMC is your best chance for Exp. repair, stay at the TV station. I went and stole the MEC APC and brought it back to TV. Got 53 repair points, it was an insane battle.

Comment

Expert Air Defense isn't too hard.

I got mine on Daqing just jumping in the Linebacker as an engineer. The cool thing about AA is that you can switch to the second seat and use the wrench.

Expert Engineer, and Expert Explosives seem the hardest to get. I can't even get Vet. Engineer or Vet. Explosives.

Comment

I wouldn't call the occasional "Farm" for a badge a statspad imo.

My definition of statspadding is: Continiously repeating a point-gaining action over a long period of time in order to rank up incredibly fast and beat everyone else rank-wise... like power levelling in world of warcraft.... except people do it themselves, they don't pay for it >.<

Comment

expert repair and expert explosives are being a pain ATM......i mean 30 explosives kills IAR????? do EA want us to stat pad?

Comment

Some of the Badges are extemely hard to get, but that is precisely the point. When one gets a badge they have had a hard time getting, then they have made an extreme accomplishment. I for one doubt I will even get my expert Pistol, but I will keep tryng to do so in a legit manner.

It ony takes one time padding to get your stats reset.

Comment

Originally posted by BFROE|ABN_RGR
                      Some of the Badges are extemely hard to get, but that is precisely the point. When one gets a badge they have had a hard time getting, then they have made an extreme accomplishment. I for one doubt I will even get my expert Pistol, but I will keep tryng to do so in a legit manner.

It ony takes one time padding to get your stats reset.
                      Yes but doesn't the ROE state you are not allowed to attempt to earn a badge. Ie. spamming clays or trying to get explosives kills over other kills to earn the badge...i'm sure this was mentioned in another thread.

Comment

Lets say I want my Explosive badge. I run around using nothing but C-4 to get kills. There is nothing in the ROE about a player limiting the weapon he wants to use in a round. It only says a server admin or players on the server can not limit what weapons can be used.

PlayerA wants to get some Pistol kills, He can use only a pistol the entire round. Perfectly legal.

PlayerB sees player A and kills him with a PKM. PLayerB was well within the rules.

PlayerA screams that it was only a Pistol fight. PlayerA is now trying to limit the class of weapon used (ROE Violation) and is Padding.

There is some gray area, but most is pretty black and white.

Originally posted by Jay_C
                        Yes but doesn't the ROE state you are not allowed to attempt to earn a badge. Ie. spamming clays or trying to get explosives kills over other kills to earn the badge...i'm sure this was mentioned in another thread.
                        Only if you are a liability to your team.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
                          Sitting in a defense gun as commander is padding and he said he didn't want to pad.

Expert AA is easy and satisfying to kill flyers. Dragon Valley will get you 40 plus kills easy w/ the Mobile AA gun.

Maybe you mean Exp. Explosives? Thats a pain.

BTW - Sharqi as USMC is your best chance for Exp. repair, stay at the TV station. I went and stole the MEC APC and brought it back to TV. Got 53 repair points, it was an insane battle.
                          Clearly that was a very long round then. Because based on how many repair points are required for expert, it would take a minimum of 20 minutes, if you take into account that it could take about 45-60 seconds per repair point. And, that is only if there are enough things to repair in a whole round?!

Comment

Well, I got the expert Ground defense just liek you guys said. I sat on the USMC LMG at the main and got 20 arty kills.
                            I guess Ill do the same for AA badge.
                            I also got the repair badge..can you guess how

53 repair points...wow..just wow.
                            intentionally going after the points in an "wrong" way and 20 was even a pain.

Comment

I got 23 in a round before the requirements were lowered. After that, I got tired of trying. It gets old always racing around trying to get a point. If they could cut the amount of repair ticks in half, so you would get one point per half repair, that would make it much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X