the next big battlefield game?opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the next big battlefield game?opinions please

WW2 is overdone so Im guessing moderen combat probably ina diffrent theater such as south america or africa,

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
    have you ever heard the story of a writer who had a great idea and wanted it to be a movie, he submitted it and was tricked into gigivng voer alot of rights, the big evil company chaned so much and when it was realeased it was just another movie.

thats the path you just tried to start battlefield down.

NO
    EA/Dice have reeally ****ed up the game i would not mind someone else doing it but nobody else would have the money on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by polishfreak36
      how bout a bf2 rts

their making a halo one so why not bf2
      cause rts is lame

Comment

Old Western style.

Being all Clint Eastwood would be the ****.

Comment

I think it would be nice to have a less MMOFPS game and more of a squad based tactical game. Some way where you maybe have several squads, fighting for the same thing (flag or something). Something like how R6:V or Gears of War works. You know, less of a large scale war, and more of a Close Quarters Battle type gameplay. I think BF:Bad Company is supposed to be something like that. Hopefully it will be a good game.

Comment

Oooh, idea time!

Battlefield: Hell

I know, I know.. Hellgate: London (google it, I can't be bothered loading a link) is coming out in half a year, so it's not original. I don't care. It'd be sweet.

But think about it.. the forces of hell, with all manner of sharp-clawed, pointy-toothed, bat-winged demon infantry, assisted by hulking monstrosities and swooping evils, pitted against a modern (or slightly futuristic?) forces of humanity.
            It'd be a good chance for the makers to modify their equipment-based aspects of the game and dodge the "omg no realism" crowd, as well as creating something so cool noone could question it (G36E's spewing glowing, holyness-infused rounds, anyone?)
            Could include famous monuments or places that have come under the corrupting influence of hell's forces, that sort of thing. Perhaps a few maps designed to represent hell itself, who knows?

I could ramble on about all the other gameplay features I'd include, change, improve and remove, but that's for another post when you've all settled down from the excitement of just imagining all this.

Comment

more maps; more detail

bf2 ftw!!

wish list - strafe jump UT style, without the double jump or flying ninja - deliver'a'bomb abiity

so I can strategically drop behind a wall when the $hits hitting the fan

Comment

The one thing that would make a "bf3" real good would be to lose the ability to see where the enemy is via the mini map...Just rely on your sight and sound and the communinations between players. Right now sniping ambushing,hiding, are virtually impossible. make it more sim less arcade run and gun..

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris
                  for your info, they already have continued with the battlefield franchise with 2142. but thats crap.
                  Since they already went all future on us, methinks the next will be back before WWII, Like the Civil War, or hell even the revolutionary war. Guns in the revolutionary war would suck, shoot once and 7 minutes later READY FOR SECOND SHOT! rofl. So, melee would probably much more used.....swords, bayonettes, oh and CANNONS! Vehicles would be turned into horses, wagons, and maybe naval sailing ships.
                  There was a kick *** mod for Battlefield Vietnam that i absolutely loved, and I followed it's development onto BF2 engine for a while, but none of my local gamers wanted to play it, so I gave it up.

Insurrection 1776 IIRC was it's title. It was about the US War of Indipendance/ Revolution (depending on which side of the pond you live). Anyway it's basic premise was muzzle loaded guns. With a major emphasis on melee weapons like swords and bayonetts. The bayonetts had longer reach, but slower "reload" time, while the swords were quicker and IIRC less damaging.

The "sniper" class had rifles as opposed to muskets. They also had a very small zoom.

The armour was 12lb cannons. Immobile but aimable.

Bloody great fun the one or two games I managed to get going.

I wouldn't say "no" to either a full version of this, or a Civil War era mod.

However I'd personally like another modern-ish day battle field. Why? Because of the gadgets.The wide variety or weapons and vehicles that are available to the modern military simply means there are huge opportunities to play something that is different each time you boot up, or find the "class" you were meant to play.

I like the BF2142 style of on the fly character development.

But I could also see a Soldner style of active world that is dynamic and has wars being "fought" all the time with the player dropping in or dropping out being kinda fun.

KBK

Comment

Working...
                  X