No announcement yet.

Nobody uses the <BLEEP>ing mic!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nobody uses the &lt;BLEEP&gt;ing mic!!!!

Originally posted by TwixyWay
    I bought a mic and have yet to hear one person over it. It's been a few weeks, and nothing. I checked all my settings, ran tests, everything.

Does it have something to do with the patch? If so can you give me a place where it loads fast, because last time it just stopped at %7 for 3 hours before I pulled the plug.

But yea, why dosent anybody use a mic?
    lately ppl cant hear me over voip but i know its not my mic because they can hear me fine over xfire calls and i use my mic to narrarate videos.

Comment

People that have mics are just shy. Usually if you have a crazy person like me who can't help but talk and fool around when a mic is put in front of me, other people seem to become at ease and start using it.

A mic is a double-edged sword for me. It's great to have fun on, but when I get pissed at my team for being stupid, lazy or camping planes and such, then some words come out faster than if I had to take the time to type them. LOL.

At least typing keeps the temper in check most of the time. The worst I can do then is use caps lock - which only amounts to silent shouting

Comment

I usually only talk if someone else does first.. on another note, I would also recomend PR mod, there is constant talking there which relates to great teamwork!

Comment

I use my mic all the time, even when the rest don't talk back. It helps your squad to no end

Anyone who does want to use it with me and are in the UK, X-fire me

Parky112

Comment

First thing u do when u join a squad yell loud and ask if anyone heard it, if they start responding say thank you in a nice calm voice. Next, you want to team kill one of your squad mates (just for kicks) and teabag him and scream again "Did you like that, punk?" or "Yeah b1tch I just owned you b1tch"... People like that and they will enjoy it, I guarantee you that. Never be quiet, keep talking even about life, people like to hear other people stories from real life, you know, it always helps concentrating on a game.

Well, I hope it was a bit educating. Now, get out there and start helping your squad.

Comment

I probably talk a little too much. Even when it's game related things.

I don't care if someone doesn't talk, but goes along with what the squad is doing. The commo-rose is a very good feature, if used well.

I've had people in my squads that don't have mics or have them and don't talk, yet are nearly as well coordinated as people who do.

Often times I'll say something to a certain person on my squad, and they'll give me a "roger that" with the commo-rose , and that's good enough for me.

If people don't use a mic but do play as good teamates and use the commo-rose, when squadleader ask them negative or positive questions.

"Player X, did you take that sniper out?". "Roger that"

"Player X, do you need help over there?". "Negative"

Other then very specific things which can be useful, most other things in BF can be done with spotting and the commo-rose as being one half of the communications. Hell it can be done as both halves of communication.

I'll take a squad member who doesn't talk but plays as a good teammate over one that talks, but is off on his own , or worse yet doesn't talk and doesn't play as a good teammate.

Comment

I rarely use my mic unless other members are communicating over VOIP.

Mainly due to the fact i dont want to waste time calling things out and people just ignoring me/not being able to hear me....especially with a group of lone wolfs.

Though sometimes you have to jump in. I remeber once i was in a 6 man squad...had my mic on and saw a sniper sneaking up on a team mate with a knife, i quickly warned him via VIOP, then the whole squad started using it, it was sooo much fun.

Comment

Working...
                X