Nobody uses the <BLEEP>ing mic!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody uses the <BLEEP>ing mic!!!!

I bought a mic and have yet to hear one person over it. It's been a few weeks, and nothing. I checked all my settings, ran tests, everything.

Does it have something to do with the patch? If so can you give me a place where it loads fast, because last time it just stopped at %7 for 3 hours before I pulled the plug.

But yea, why dosent anybody use a mic?

Re: Nobody uses the &lt;BLEEP&gt;ing mic!!!!

Originally posted by TwixyWay
    I bought a mic and have yet to hear one person over it. It's been a few weeks, and nothing. I checked all my settings, ran tests, everything.

Does it have something to do with the patch? If so can you give me a place where it loads fast, because last time it just stopped at %7 for 3 hours before I pulled the plug.

But yea, why dosent anybody use a mic?
    dl project reality.

Comment

i guess the newness has worn off, i know at first everyone was using it, but now it is quite scarce.

Comment

The last patch made 95% of the current and past BF 2 players too shy to use a mic. We use it when we play as it's one of the cooler features in MP games.

We have had squad members go most of the round not saying a word, then all of a sudden, they speak! I don't like it when people are too chatty like this one guy giving us a detail account of the last time he died. But I would like them to call out enemies and provide useful information.

You need to join a squad that actually is working together. Most squads are just a bunch of lone wolves with a green name. When you find that squad that communicates, it does make the game more enjoyable.

But I don't think downloading project reality will help when you are playing BF 2. But if you are looking for a slower, more thoughtful game, project reality might help. Also, people tend to talk more in that mod.

Comment

A lot of server, especially clan servers, have a seperate TS or Vent server as VOIP is usually f'ed and it hurts bandwidth on the server.

Either that or no one uses it cause they don't want to listen to any whiney brats.

Dragon

Comment

because no one is sure who has a mic and dont bother to ask. It also depends on what server your on.

Comment

we use VOIP and ventrilo
              and if visitors have/use neither
              they are invited to play elsewhere

the game is 1000000000000000000000000% when everyone use Comms

Comment

I just ordered a mic....

Would you all like to enlighten me on proper mic etiquette?

I am also totally clueless how to use it when it arrives. I assume I will figure it out, who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by GoCobbers1
                  I just ordered a mic....

I am also totally clueless how to use it when it arrives. I assume I will figure it out, who knows...

This BF2 bud, no need for "etiquette's" here. Besides the point, mine all you have to do is plug it in the USB and go. If you have a more complicated one, read the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCobbers1

From experience,
                    a) when joining a squad, say Hi and do a sound test.
                    b) don't scream into the mic everytime you die
                    c) don't need to say 'roger' or anything like that with each mic sign off, but when addressing someone (like warning about someone flanking) it helps to use their name as well. I've had a someone go 'sniper on the ridge' when they're on the other side of the map and talking to some one else and I was looking around frantically.

Meh. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by 33TheGame33
                      This BF2 bud, no need for "etiquette's" here. Besides the point, mine all you have to do is plug it in the USB and go. If you have a more complicated one, read the manual.

I just dont want a thread on TotalBf2 about me...... lol

Comment

All understood.

Comment

My mic, apparently, is far too loud. Even at 1% transmit volume, when I try to talk there is an enormous roaring noise from the air (or a different sound roaring if I try to talk really fast), then it cuts out and the little green mic below the minimap turns red and broken.

Comment

alot of servers i play dont even support mics it sucks

you press V or B and the little green mic doesnt even come up.

Comment

Find places like www.moongamers.com that use TeamSpeak.

I'm usually on the Oman server and TS channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X