wtf, is GL not allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf, is GL not allowed?

i play assault since few weeks, and i found that GL is very good weapon, so i use it most of the time. but sometimes i see messages "ondskapen GL noob" or something like that.

so i ask what is wrong when i use GL?

Re: wtf, is GL not allowed?

Yes im not sure about that, nobody can stop you from using it though ive come across servers that dont like anyone using the F2000 or GL at close range. So you can still use it, your not doing anything wrong.

Comment

so i ask what is wrong when i use GL?
      Nothing. People just don't like beeing killed. Back in the days you could jump and shoot people whith it at point blank range (very unsportsmanlike ). The GL ruled the alleyways of Karkhand, so a major campaign of complaints broke lose until the GL was changed to what it is today. Anybody who still complains is just an a$$hat.

Comment

GL? I have only played this a couple of times but it sounds like I need a GL but I have no idea what that is LOL.....

Noob from NC..

Comment

If its a ranked server, they cannot stop you from useing things:

Originally posted by ROE
          2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
          Report the server at www.bfroe.com

Comment

Originally posted by SpyingDad
            GL? I have only played this a couple of times but it sounds like I need a GL but I have no idea what that is LOL.....

Noob from NC..
            GL = grenade Launcher on the assualt weapons. M16, F2000 not the G3 though

Comment

Ty Vm

Comment

I suppose most people get upset with GL'ers because it's one of those weapons that just doesn't give the enemy a chance to counter (like a claymore or spammed nade). But, it's a good weapon and very effective so keep on using it if it works for you!

Comment

ive seen people saying there is no skill with that ,some shots are skilled.
                  ive been on servers were people are realy skilled with the gl.
                  as much as i hate flash bangs they can be a good tactic
                  the gl is a great weapon at times ive killed the enemy capping our flag and i was at a distance and with a good aim killing 2 or three targets takeing our flag
                  i do use it from time to time and its fun

Comment

The lethal radius of the grenade launcher is ridiculously small that you almost need to land the grenade launcher right underneath the nose of the target (2-3 meters away). The only practical use of this weapon now is to destroy transports, and even that is hindered since the grenades bounces away from the target if it is launched too close to the vehicle.

Comment

ive bounced 203's off of walls at enemies hiding on roofs and been called a noob tuber. so yea its sad

Comment

noob tubers suck lol... I'm sorry but that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by vik1ng
                          at range, its probably the hardest weapon to use....

...the servers that dont allow it are run by noob 12 year old admins who got owned too many times by it. usually claymores are banned on those servers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vik1ng
                            Yeah, I know I piss a lot of people off with it. But hey, my justification for it that I had to really practice with it to become deadly. It is like being very good with a rail gun in Quake. If you have a good quick aim, sharp twitch reflex, you can dominate. That is the point. It is a skill weapon to the highest level of BF2, only competing with the SVD for skill.

Now, I will agree that it does not give a lot of time for someone charging at you head on to counter. It really sucks for PKM whores because they have one of the only weapons that can counter Assault. But the flip side is, the GL is the perfect weapon to take out a distant PKM trooper that is dug-in. People going prone though, they have little chance.

But you need to take into account that it is not only the GL that makes someone so dangerous. It is the fact that the Assault kit has the most body armor in the game. So, someone charging up with a G36E will take more than one burst to pull them down.

Also to counter that it sucks, think about all the pu55ies that run up with a claymore in hand and then run away like a little rat. With FF off on those claymore, it is easy to see lame tactics. I would like to know your priority of what the lamest weapon tactics are.

And if you don't really like them, maybe you should come find me and I will show you some tricks at being effective with it. I for one, can put a round into an speeding ATV 40 yards away. Or take out a sniper 100 yards away on a roof top, where a grenade would just bounce off or explode in the air.

It got a bad rap in the early days of BF2, and its image is tainted like the BH. But it the kit that employs it is making a recovery, because for several months, you might see 1 assault kit in a field of snipers, spec-ops, and AT kits....all of which are useless in head to head combat.

If you need to hit a base hard, you could hope to roll in with to APCs, but if those are not available, roll in with 4 well Assault kits charging the way, popping smoke and you will see how long that flag will last.

Trust me, I have see a lot of scenarios with different kits. I hate getting taken out before I have a chance, like getting gunned down from a tank or helo a hundred feet away, but you need to grow up and realize it is part of the game. It is something that must be adapted too. There are rules in Monopoly and rules in Chess. You have to live with those rules or you are cheating or it is not the same game.

BF2 has GLs, and though they are less accurate and a little weaker, they are still something that can and should be used in frontline assaults.

Comment

I do have a lot of experience with noob tube, after all I clocked in 120+ hours with it. I know how to use it and all I just don't anymore. I just hate being killed by it hehe and I wasn't really serious in my previews post, should've stated it somehow... an let's face it, many new players start off with noob tube.

Support has the most buddy armor, I can take down Assault before he can noob tube be but support, and if he's good at it, can shoot me down before I can get him. I asked many times wtf is with support not taking damage and learned they have the most buddy armor.

oh and snipers running in a crowd of enemies to leave his claymore among them with the FF off on a server is the lamest thing of all. Claymores should get nerfed, first lower the range they should set off in and should disappear the moment the sniper dies. I hate it when sniper dies and I still set off his claymore 10 minutes later and see "hahahahahahh owned" most annoying thing in BF2 IMHO.
                              Originally posted by mwillin0000
                              ...the servers that dont allow it are run by noob 12 year old admins who got owned too many times by it. usually claymores are banned on those servers as well.
                              I'm all for ROE, but the original poster was put off by the people whining at him that he owns them with noob tube, I don't think the server had such a rule in the first place, it's all the whiners. In my previews clan one dude would call people names for just using unlocks, which I find very stupid and immature, but well... that's how people are

Comment

Working...
                              X