Clear All

Re: C&C 3 Demo Soon

C&c

Comment

demo was released last night via that link in OP

Comment

After playing CoH for acouple months then switching to C&C3 Im finding it very hard to keep up in its extreme fast paste battles. Units in battle die in seconds but in turn you are able to rebuild just as fast. The terrain look B E A utiful but the untis them self look nothing special. I really liked the TV stars in the cut scenes though

Comment

Coming from SUPREME COMMANDER this is a bit of a shock for me. There is really absolutely nothing new or revolutionary in this. But it pulls it off, even though the gameplay is exactly the same as it has been since day one it still pulls off that old C&C charm that makes the game so attractive.

The graphics are quite impressive, and on some maps the lighting is incredible. The game's pace is as frenetic as ever which is completely not my style of RTS, I prefer the slower paced CoH and SUPREME COMMANDER.

Still, I have to say in a post-SUPREME COMMANDER world this game holds it own quite well and looks to be a solid, slightly retro RTS.

Comment

I think I'd probably choose Supreme Commander over C&C 3. Simply because it's more fun. It feels really claustrophobic after zooming out to orbit in SupCom, I feel cramped with the camera view C&C gives me.

Company of Heroes beats both games though

Comment

tbh CoH is a different style of RTS compared to SupCom & C&C

Comment

Yeah of course, but it's still an RTS. I love both styles, futuristic and period settings, it's something about CoH, the style, it's fantastic. The presentation is next to none.

All three games are all excellent though, I'm sure they'll all score (have scored) highly.

Comment

rts :shakehead

Comment

Woot downloading demo now. Any one know the required PC specs?

EDIT: found some specs but not confirmed but seem accurate to me..

Required System:
                    Microsoft Windows XP
                    PC with 1.6 Ghz equivalent or higher processor
                    256 MB of system RAM
                    512 MB of system RAM for online play with 3 or more players
                    6 GB available hard disk space
                    8x speed or faster CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive (for the Collector's Edition)
                    64 MB GeForce3-class video card. The game only officially supports cards with ATI (Radeon 8500 or greater) and Nvidia chipsets, and the Intel GMA 900 and GMA 950 products. The GeForce 4 MX is not supported
                    Sound card with speakers or headphones
                    Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
                    56.6 Kbps or better modem for 1v1 online play
                    Broadband connection for online play with 3 or more players
                    DirectX 9.0c or above.

Minimum Required Specs:
                    Windows XP or Windows 2000
                    1.3 GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon processor
                    256 MB RAM
                    Nvidia GeForce2 or equivalent video card with 32 MB RAM
                    DirectX 9.0b compatible sound card
                    4 GB available hard disk space
                    Please note that while you will be able to play The Battle for Middle-earth(tm) with the specifications above, play experience can benefit from additional RAM, above the required 256 MB
                    Nvidia GeForce2 MX is not supported.

Comment

Working...
                    X