Good dogfighting videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good dogfighting videos?

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a while but haven't made an account or posted at all before.

I've been trying to learn to fly jets in bf2 lately. I was wondering if there are any good videos out there I could watch to pick up some ideas on dogfighting? Most videos seem to be highlight reels of people owning noobs... I'd like to see an even dogfight between 2 good pilots for a change.

I understand that the best way to learn is just to fly, and that a big part of it is figuring out what tactics the other guy uses most. I definitely need more practice just flying and using the flyby/reverse views, and I've been playing wake island air show and single player matches for that.

However, I'm bored at work right now, so all I can do is watch videos

Re: Good dogfighting videos?

There's a vid on youtube, Battefield 2 Doghfighter I believe it's called, I think there's some good footage in there, sorry I can't give a link right now.

If that's not enough me and a buddy will film a dogfight later between the two of us for you, we (especially my buddy) are pretty handy at the stick.

Comment

BF2 - Dogfighter

Found the video you were talking about, it was great to watch. I wish there was more of him getting people off his tail though, he basically just owns everyone :-p I did learn that I really need to practice flying only in flyby mode.... As it is I can use flyby mode to see where the other guy went and such, but I can't really use it to fly and chase the other guy. Something to work on...

Meh, I'll need to study this some more

Comment

How do you evade missles in the F35B without flares...is that possible....cause Im pretty good but can never evade them!

Comment

That video is s**t.. he cuts out the parts where he dies.

I love how whenever a J-10 gets behind him it cuts to the next scene.. lol

Comment

dogfighter part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d35x8Fn43DE&eurl=
            dogfighter part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTOR3J9E8-4&eurl=

Comment

Hah sweet, I was hoping you'd post on here metallica... Gonna check out your videos. I noticed he never showed what happened when he got a jet behind him too - that's what I wanted to see the most (I have a lot of trouble shaking people, especially J-10s). I don't know what maneuvers work and which don't for losing people and turning the tables on them when they get behind me.

I suppose though, that a big part of dogfighting is not letting the other guy get behind you in the first place And different things work against different people.

Comment

using fly by and rear view is very important when flying...you are going to need it much to dodge jets away and especially those j-10s

Comment

important is an understatement

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                    That video is s**t.. he cuts out the parts where he dies.

I love how whenever a J-10 gets behind him it cuts to the next scene.. lol

almost as bad as flying straight up into a spin whenever when a certain pilot hears a beep :laugh:

Originally posted by pelirrojo173
                    I suppose though, that a big part of dogfighting is not letting the other guy get behind you in the first place And different things work against different people.

your getting the idea

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                      almost as bad as flying straight up into a spin whenever when a certain pilot hears a beep :laugh:

If you are talking about me I don't fly straight up into the air and go into a spin.. I go straight up and go as fast as I can, if i'm in the F-35B..

Comment

just get some tips from metallicaguitarists video.. he is god in planes!!

Comment

I know you can get away with using a mouse when in the chopper but how disadvantaged are you using a mouse over a joystick?

Comment

Originally posted by litefire
                            just get some tips from metallicaguitarists video.. he is god in planes!!
                            No that video is old as hell like october or something

I need to make an updated video, i've gotten a billion times better.

Comment

Send me a vid card and I'll teach you everything you need to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X