Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 ROE needs some work!

Originally posted by davelisowski
    Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black...
    I've never bitched and moaned about RULES persay, gameplay sure but thats different

Comment

^I'm confused about what you mean by, "fluff added to mask the true intnet."

On a side note, that part of ROE needs to be updated because commanders cannot drop vehicles on runways anymore.
      I was refering to this:

Originally posted by BFROE|ELI
      The no attacking uncaps is a server admin option. This is not a mandatory requirement.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)
      The fluff would be this part:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

Comment

when was the last time ROE was even updated?
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Server rules should be standard across the board, or coded into the game to disallow such actions. If the no-fly zone was put over the enemy uncaps, and the AA was removed, I'd understand that, and it would legitamize any rule regarding attacking uncaps.

Pretty soon, I'm going to be playing TF2, and some self-appointed regulatory body similar to BFROE is going to advocate server rules such as "don't throw grenades while you are in the air after a rocket-jump - this is an unfair advantage over unskilled players".

Oh, just came back from a ranked server where attacking uncaps was allowed. Guess what, the enemy team survived and won somehow.....

Actually, EA accepted the ROE, therefore, legitimizing their presence. I'm just saying that it's there, and that's the way it is.
          Of course EA would approve of it, in hopes of gameplay becoming better. I appreciate your opinion on the matter, but like I said earlier. Restricting one player's choice over another player gives the latter player an advantage... especially on maps that have an uncap on one side. Then the silly ROE-advocated rule is not appropriate and unbalances the game.

But hey, follow the rules if you want. I'm not obligated in any legal way as a player or server owner to do anything BFROE says.

Comment

Look,

-The ROE were made and written by EA...

-BFROE.com is the official channel of upholding their ROE...
            (Don't send EA your grevances, tell roe.com)

-BFROE.com has no influence over the development of EA's ROE...

-BFROE.com sends incomming abuse-reports to EA, who in turn might decide to contact the GSP of the offending server...

Originally posted by IndianScout
            if this was a real battle most likely those people would be peeling potatos at Leavenworth...
            In BF2, they rent a server and become admins...

-

PS:

If the bfroe community has asked EA to make verdicts on situations, then why have these verdicts not been made public..? (names crossed out)

-

Comment

Working...
            X