• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redlining = Stats wiped?

Duly noted

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
      Erm...when did i once condone redlining or tking for the chopper in the above post? plz quote the exact phrase.

What i actually implied was that it was just as selfish to hog a valubale asset of the team you cannot use atall when someone else far more competent could,.(i didn't say they still couldn't use it, just that it is selfish? understand now? or should i explain a 3rd time?)

Go to back to school Asswipe
      sorry about my rant - real bad day. my cat is dying and i took it out on you.

I suppose i deserve the snooty attitude, so I'll look past that.

Now to address your point.

I can understand your concerns, but unless this is a clan match or a league thing, the crap guy is just as entitled to a vehicle as the uber dude. Now there are exceptions and stipulations that apply to vehicle whoring (especially if you suck) but that is another matter.

My point goes beyong redlining. If someone is running towards your chopper yelling "i need a ride" and you take off because you want to solo, then that is just as bad as redlining in my opinion. Now if you KNOW the guy sucks and you've given him many chances and he's never said "sorry dude, i've been drinking" or some other excuse, I would look passed you taking off without him once or twice. But every once in a while give the guy a chance.

It's not always about winning but also having fun and being curteous to the strangers (no matter how sucky they are at the game).

Any time I'm in a chopper by myself I always look for a guy away from the battle yelling for a ride of vehicle drop, and then i go pick him up. Maybe it's my mentality to always help a poor fellow out, or give them a good ride.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
        No, just comparing your stats to the gentleman you're crying about. Are these yours? Time|Of|Cholera? http://bf2s.com/player/66833632/

Wow, they're so much better. I'd be in total confidence with you in my heli...
        hahahahaahah

You think I give a **** about stats?

Comment

I make no assumption about your personal opinion of those stats, but to a certain degree, they are representative of your overall skill in a helicopter (as a pilot or gunner).

Taking a quick peak at the numbers, it doesn't look like you have any special disposition towards it: that's not to say you're incompetent, but maybe, just maybe, you weren't exactly helping. I'm not saying it was the case in your particular situation, but I've had this happen pretty often: the same person kept coming back to the heli after crashing it into a tree, or MGing tanks instead of taking the shots I would line up for him... eventually, you get tired of dealing with that bullsh*t and say "enough".

Of course, if he just redlined you right away, you have cause to b*tch...

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            sorry about my rant - real bad day. my cat is dying and i took it out on you.

I suppose i deserve the snooty attitude, so I'll look past that.

Now to address your point.

I can understand your concerns, but unless this is a clan match or a league thing, the crap guy is just as entitled to a vehicle as the uber dude. Now there are exceptions and stipulations that apply to vehicle whoring (especially if you suck) but that is another matter.

My point goes beyong redlining. If someone is running towards your chopper yelling "i need a ride" and you take off because you want to solo, then that is just as bad as redlining in my opinion. Now if you KNOW the guy sucks and you've given him many chances and he's never said "sorry dude, i've been drinking" or some other excuse, I would look passed you taking off without him once or twice. But every once in a while give the guy a chance.

It's not always about winning but also having fun and being curteous to the strangers (no matter how sucky they are at the game).

Any time I'm in a chopper by myself I always look for a guy away from the battle yelling for a ride of vehicle drop, and then i go pick him up. Maybe it's my mentality to always help a poor fellow out, or give them a good ride.

sorry for the misunderstanding.
            No problem atall Troy. I was surprised by your post as i have read many of them and thought it was out of character, i am sorry about your cat.

I agree with most of what your saying. If someone asks for a ride i will always pick them up, whatever their ability. I was more talking about a scenario with 3 or 4 players involved who are extremely competent and helping the team well, and someone who does not even know the basics of gunning getting in. KNOWONE owns the heli, but in that case (i did it many times myself and still do to this day) it would be more sensible, and beneficial towards the team for the guy to say "hey, these guys are good, i'll let them use the heli this round and then try next round"

I understand your point completely, and people will never know how to gun if they aren't given chances (and from my experience many, as it has taken alot of man hours to get as good in a heli as i am - plz don't take it as baosting but it's true) but plz newbie gunners, think of the situation first, you will have many oppurtunities and may leave your pilot pleasently surprised if you learn the very basics in single player.

I hope we can forget about the dispute Troy, your a good guy and i think we were both in a bad mood (i made a thread about a guy called "dude" just minutes before posting.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
              You're far more patient than many of us, Alpha. I used to fly people around, simultaneously giving them hints and tips to get better: a whopping 5% actually made an attempt to improve... with the others continuing their stupid armor MGing.

You will get to a point where you have to ask "is it really worth it?", "am I wasting my/the team's time?", "couldn't I be a lot more efficient alone, if only I could get rid of 'em?", etc...

For 2/3 of my heli time, I flew people around: most of which were random pub players... so I gave people plenty of chances. It just so happens they ended up disappointing me more often than not, and I'm not very patient when it comes to incompetence. Eventually, you learn to depend solely on yourself.

Just the other side of the coin... *shrug*
              I get what you mean. I've had that so many times too. Alough yes I can solo, I do like to have a pilot/gunner. Like I played Gulf and I was pilot, this was on a pub server got him 40ish kills. Luckily he was a good gunner.

I am warey of who I fly with, you obviously have played many games in pub servers thats why you refuse to fly with those you don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by DooM
                I am warey of who I fly with, you obviously have played many games in pub servers thats why you refuse to fly with those you don't know?
                thats part of it, but the main reason is no one wants a crap pilot/gunner and i and many others have been "bitten" too many times now by a nub getting in the helo. ive had maybe <10 decent players in the helo with me in the last 6 months. probs had about 200 crap players try to fly with me as well

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                  thats part of it, but the main reason is no one wants a crap pilot/gunner and i and many others have been "bitten" too many times now by a nub getting in the helo. ive had maybe <10 decent players in the helo with me in the last 6 months. probs had about 200 crap players try to fly with me as well
                  Your not alone .

Comment

Originally posted by DooM
                    As a rule, I prefer soloing unless someone I know and trust is present. Otherwise, I will either stay away from the chopper or give people a chance to fly it, the reason being that most of the time, they f*ck up on simple TV shots and as a pilot, all I end up doing is sliding/barrel rolling/dropping... so yeah.

Comment

If this is not a Liberal view I don’t know what is?

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                      its on the ROE so admins can kick for it.....
                      try pressing the f1 or f2 so it displays the names of the vehicle occupants.....that way there we can see he is pilot and is red-lining u
                      Originally posted by SunChaser
                      If EA would work harder on resetting glitchers/aimbot/cheaters etc I would be glad. If they even would reset ppl for bad behaviour I would be amazed ;-)
                      Don't think we can expect to much from them on this issue.
                      There are ways to combat this without getting EA or any 3rd party involved!

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                      Simple, just go spec ops, attach some C4 to the chopper, and if he tries redlining you, bail, and detonate!
                      I agree with Jay!

Originally posted by Jay_C
                      If he didn't give you a chance, and then just redlined you i would be pissed, but if he gave you countless oppurtunities and you were suking real bad, didn't get out when he asked you to (politely), then i don't blame him, as hindering the team is worse than redlining IMHO...singleplayer is for learning the basics of gunning...
                      I’m not all that when it comes to heli flying, but there are a few guys that are great at gunning and when it’s a choice of an UNKNOWN over one of them, I will ask the UNKNOWN to get out! Many times they will not, what else is there to do? EA didn’t make it possible to eject the gunner (not a bad idea IMHO)!

Maybe the next person that hears BAIL OUT from the gunners seat, WILL!

Comment

Originally posted by -=TxG=-Phoenix
                        I’m not all that when it comes to heli flying, but there are a few guys that are great at gunning and when it’s a choice of an UNKNOWN over one of them, I will ask the UNKNOWN to get out! Many times they will not, what else is there to do? EA didn’t make it possible to eject the gunner (not a bad idea IMHO)!

Maybe the next person that hears BAIL OUT from the gunners seat, WILL!
                        i would love an eject button, would save sooooooo much time :laugh:

Comment

It could be followed by some sort of really funny animation with a dying sound :laugh:

Comment

ya but EA/DICE would impliment it for both seats......as a means of evacuation, rather than ejection

Comment

Working...
                            X