The definitive fix for load times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The definitive fix for load times.

Moving my page file helped my times a fair bit.

Comment

how do i move page files?

Comment

Ummmm? More RAM?

Comment

look i dont want to spend money on RAM unless i can find it cheap.

Comment

ya dont want cheep RAM, and your pagefile is in the "my documents" folder under battlefield 2

Comment

15000 rpm hdd RAID 0 QX6800 4 gig ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Munk_Madness
                ya dont want cheep RAM, and your pagefile is in the "my documents" folder under battlefield 2
                There you go drinking again Munk.

Your pagefile is (by default) on the same drive as your windows install, and you can move it by going to system settings-->performance-->advanced

Moving your pagefile to a second (decent) HD can give you a small boost in all-around performance, but you won't find yourself saying "WHOA, hold onto my WASD key!" It's a good idea though, as it can reduce total seeks/seek times between data transfers.

Comment

i dont understand truly wat a system restore is and how it can help. if i do choose to follow this path which date do i want to go to: the day before i installed BFV, SF and AOM, the day i recieved the computer back from repairs or before i installed bf2 first time. also can someone give me a reliable mirror for the BF2 1.41 full patch coz all i hear is that a majority of these mirrors are corrupted. thanx again.

also can someone with an ATi x300 se hypermemory or just an ATi x300 tell me what catalyst and drivers are the best thank you.

Comment

oh right that pagefile ... i was thinking of the cache and i cant blame the drinking cos i havnt had any today ... yet ... i prob should then my head might work better

Comment

can we stop joking and come up with answers please. i know its a tough one, but come back to the issue.

Comment

its not tough, we have given u answers. what have u done so far that we have sugusted?

Comment

as this tip has not been sugested yet,

keeping youre harddrive defraged is a good idea,i load up in 1min 30 secs

specs

amd 4200x2 2gb ddr 400 ram 7600gt

gfx all high shadows off.

not sure if it really makes a differnce but im using a app called "O&O clever cache pro edition.

it seems to make alot of things run smother and load times apear to be a bit faster.

hope this helps to shave a few seconds off the time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Armageddon_89
                            can we stop joking and come up with answers please. i know its a tough one, but come back to the issue.
                            Fussy fussy. They aren't hard q's.

1) Catalyst drivers 7.1 should be just fine. just don't try putting your settings very high with that x300se hypermemory.

edit, in fact, I'd start out on all low, 800x600, and increase view distance to max and geomtries to high. This will give you the fastest possible framerates with the two settings that will allow to see/engage other players at range, in addition to reducing some of the "loading data" times. If you get good frame rates, try bumping up the res to 1024x768, see how it works, and if things are still kosher I'd leave it there.

2) i downloaded 1.41 from Fileplanet and haven't had any troubles

Comment

I use Warcat custom game drivers.

Comment

thank you but when i go and put it on 1024x768 it goes blurry writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X