The definitive fix for load times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The definitive fix for load times.

I, like many annoyed players, experience large load times and i am sick of it. i put forward to everyone that this thread be piled with all the assorted fixes for this widespread issue. all possible solutions will be accepted and tested to see if they work. i also urge that if this thread grows that it be stickied so that gamers looking to solve this problem can look to one place to fix this thank you.

Re: The definitive fix for load times.

the best solution i have found is video card drivers, the latest is not always the best so if your having problems try finding someone with the same card as you do, find out if they are having a long load time and if not find out what drivers they are using.
    cleaning out the cache in your documents folder can also have an effect

Comment

I have heard that turing down your lighting effects lowers your loading times.

Comment

you obviously forgot to lower yours since "post quick reply" is so slow for you that you hit the button three times whilst waiting for it to register

Comment

* Raptor 10K RPM Sata Harddrive
          * 2GB DDR2 Ram or 3GB DDR

my load times are 1min 30seconds or so but i don't see why people want to make them almost instant, their was a thread here not so long ago where someone had load times of about a minute but they wanted them faster seriously how anal can you get about a game loading 1minute isn't that long unless you sit in front of the screen watching the bar move.

Comment

I just have time to go downstairs, make some toast and return in time for battle .

Honestly its not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

my load times are 1min 30seconds or so but i don't see why people want to make them almost instant, their was a thread here not so long ago where someone had load times of about a minute but they wanted them faster seriously how anal can you get about a game loading 1minute isn't that long unless you sit in front of the screen watching the bar move.
              45 seconds here, and my system has crappier ram...

Set your texture settings to Medium and it's all perfect, the change in quality is noticeable only if you're an air/heli whore like me, it won't make 24/7 IO KARKAND FF=OFF look any worse. Used to be somewhere around 2 mins (hangs at 62%). Had enough time to make chocolate sandwiches, defecate and maybe cure cancer while it was loading.

Comment

Ditto. A faster hard drive (unless you've got something else completely jacked up) is the best way to improve loading times. I went from two older (but still decent) eide HD's to one eide for Windoze and two samsung hd160hj SATA's in RAID0 for programs like BF2. Loading/verifying times went from 1-1.5 minutes to 20-30 seconds, and I've only got 1gb of ram.

On the other had, about a year and a half ago, I tried using an old 19gb fujitsu (yes, they used to make hd's) 7200 rpm drive for my programs. The result was...awful. It would take half a round to load/verify on 64-player ghost town rounds.

Comment

my load times are 1min 30seconds or so.
                  that dont seem right....im just under a minute on my setup
                  1gb of ddr500 and 1 sata2 hdd. of course this is all medium..All high is about 1 min 30 secs to 2 mins. Im gonna try 2gb and another hdd in a week or so...<3 tax time

Epox 9npa + SLI
                  x2 3800 @ 2.5ghz/Ac Freezer Pro
                  1gb G.Skill hz ddr500 3-4-4-8
                  Sapphire x1800xt oc'd
                  Hitachi deskstar 250gb sata2

I guess my tip for loading times would be switching to all medium if your setup is similar to this. Keeping your cache clean in My Documents>bf2 helps alot too. I've read that manually updating PB helps but i forgot how to do that (supposedly it's awesome for in game frame rates as well but it's been awhile since I read about it).
                  I agree with the last guy If your pc has two drives it's best to use one strictly as your windows drive and the other for games. set your pagefile on the non-window drive.

Comment

Your load time depends alot on your connection to the server. If your near the server, you get alot faster load time. I load into a server close to my state and it takes 30 seconds and im in the game.

Comment

I have not measured my load times, but after my recent RAM and Misc. upgrades, I'm ALWAYS first in whan a map switches.

I think my RAID 0, and 2GB of RAM are the best ticket.

Comment

thanx guys i am glad this thread has been so popular. here are my specs.
                        ATi x300 se 256 Mb ddr graphics card
                        1gb RAM
                        INTEL celeron D processor
                        these are in the reccomended things to play BF2 optimally. i have cleaned caches but no luck. another prob has also arised. it, i have found is very rare, is wat i would call a lag problem i drop my graphics to low but i still encounter this problem. the big factors is that my comp gets caught at 15%, 63% and 90%. the largest most obvious problem is that i just cannot play. i was have a great time playing BF2 then recently my comp just wouldnt let me play. it would lag, when i wasnt holding down forward i would move for example. i have followed these steps: uninstall completely, reinstall, patch, punkbuster, defrag and clean caches and update drivers. could sumone plz help me fix this coz i'd like to go frag n00bs as soon as possible. THANK YOU ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Mooby Mc Moob
                          I just have time to go downstairs, make some toast and return in time for battle .

Honestly its not that bad.
                          or get a beer

Comment

x300(xx) not helpful at all for fragging noobs.

celery D is ok, but just.

1gb is adequate.

better gpu would make you happy gamer, but retirement, education should come firstest and bestest.

to butcher grammar, anyhoo.

Comment

Originally posted by everec
                              that dont seem right....im just under a minute on my setup
                              1gb of ddr500 and 1 sata2 hdd. of course this is all medium..All high is about 1 min 30 secs to 2 mins. Im gonna try 2gb and another hdd in a week or so...<3 tax time
                              i was pointing out the most optimum setup

i myself have 7.200RPM Sata's (not Sata2), my broadband connection is only 1mb rest of specs in sig but generally 1min 30sec for load times i do plan on getting a few raptors at one point so it will decrease considerably

Comment

Working...
                              X