Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: glad i got kicked

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
    When you stab them in the face or molest them with a DAO-12(or any other gun for someone who wants to get smart), you get 1 point. Then these points double if you win, giving you the two points per kill you would have gotten if you weren't commanding. This, imo, is a horrible idea. Because.... As commander, you don't get team points(flag defends, caps, resupplies, blah blah blah). But they're not gonna jip you completely from getting a legit kill.
    This, imho, is the most wrong answer I've ever read...

You get 0 points for a kill as a commander! 100% guaranteed.

Don't believe me? I will join any game you name if you command, and I will let you kill me 2, no 3, no 5 times... You will gain no points in the process.

2+2=5... The Lukewarm.

:edit: Read this.

Comment

i agree with dave

i've been on a low populated wake server as commander, and defended the airfield from 2 attackers.

the rest of my team hadn't got any points

i had no points, no team points, 2 kills, 3 deaths... and i hadn't teamkilled anyone

as for the actual subject of this topic i cant stand people that combat command because 9/10 times they d oa crap job and fail there team miserably. i only combat command if: my team hasn't got an uncap, and they attack my main base that all my assests are at. as commander i usually go engineer so i can repair my own stuff and still supply tanks with supplies.

if not then i'll be sat at the uncap in a corner in my command screen

and not that i'm being mean but to evi how can you say about combat commanding being easy? you have 395 command points and 3 hours command time. and i'll take this back if you have another account with more time on it

p.p.s my squad server kicks for comabt commanding

Comment

If by fighting, you mean running into the thick of battle, then no, commanders should not fight.
        I think the only time they should take it into their own hands is when someone is capping the flag where they are, to defend themselves, or to defend assets.

oh and dave is right. however dave, punctuation goes along way, the addition of a simple comma would make it like you want him to read it, cause at the mo its like your saying dont read this you noob.

Comment

When I am commander, I will fight to defend or cap a deserted flag point. I have been kicked a few times because of that. I think if you can fight and command at the same time, you are benefiting your team more then sitting your azz all day especially when its IO because there, all you get to do is send uav and supplies no arties so it can become boring at times. I have seen idiot commanders who refuse to fight. I have seen a commander who was at gatehouse behind the building just spotting and spotting this 1 infantry as he is making his way from the train. Still spotting him out right next to him hopping some one will see and spawn at the gate. Still spotting after flag is capp and spotting more when enemies begin spawning after the flag is capp, spotting and spotting until he gets shot. See, all this could of been avoided he had tried to kill that infantry by himself. Commander would have the upper hand seeing how he already knows where the enemie is comming from and can go lay a clay or c4 to where the enemie is going. I hate Wussy commanders.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
            oh and dave is right. however dave, punctuation goes along way, the addition of a simple comma would make it like you want him to read it, cause at the mo its like your saying dont read this you noob.
            Haha! Yeah, completely different sentences. I editted it.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
              This, imho, is the most wrong answer I've ever read...

You get 0 points for a kill as a commander! 100% guaranteed.

Don't believe me? I will join any game you name if you command, and I will let you kill me 2, no 3, no 5 times... You will gain no points in the process.

2+2=5... The Lukewarm.

:edit: Read this.

You are assuming everyone that plays commander and fights does it for the points. If you can get your brain off the points that make you feel so special you would see that some people don't give a rats *** about points. And some of these same people feel they can fight and command. If the assets are being used I say do what you want as commander.

Comment

Originally posted by ECGNBulletToothT
                You are assuming everyone that plays commander and fights does it for the points. If you can get your brain off the points that make you feel so special you would see that some people don't give a rats *** about points. And some of these same people feel they can fight and command. If the assets are being used I say do what you want as commander.
                he was simply correcting someone....

Comment

I had some guy crabbing at me just the other day for "fighting as a commander". He was being a whiney baby about "stealing his kills". I understand that every commander kill -- including arty -- robs the commander of points. It is also part of the game to control points to increase the opponent's ticket bleed.

Sure I don't like it when I see my team's commander tooling around in an air vehicle or armor. But I see benefit in having the commander guard a remote control point. As long as the commander is putting up the UAV, dropping supply crates and spotting the enemy, I have no issue with allowing him to protect his commander toys or remote control points.

Comment

Originally posted by ECGNBulletToothT
                    Feel free to read my other posts in this thread regarding commanding... That might give a better picture of my opinion.

I've said that there are situations where the commander can/should fight. That is a rare occurance. Other than that, yes, it is because someone thinks that he or she will get uber points plus the 2x bonus at the end of the round for winning.

Regardless, the command position is voluntary. Compare it to volunteering to work in a soup kitchen. One does not volunteer to work in a soup kitchen and then eat the soup provided. One does not volunteer to work in a soup kitchen and then not dish out soup. One does not volunteer in a soup kitchen and then knock over the pot of soup. Why volunteer to be commander and then use the commander assets for personal gain, or to not benefit the team, or to detriment the team?

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
                      Someone of your high grammatical stature should know, when using the word "your" in a generic way, one should say..."one". As I just did. This will save the face of many of those who may misunderstand YOUR post.(I.E., something YOU say)

Don't get smart with someone you don't know. I'm allowed to do it because I am an arrogant f*ck.

Oh, and your post was directed towards me, so don't act surprised when I give you a response.
                      W/e, I doubt your ability to fight and command effectively at the same time. YOU (now pointed at YOU personally) think you are doing a good job, but what are others on your team thinking?

I haven't met one commander yet in the history of my BF2 playing that was 100% effective when they were busy capping flags, fighting, throwing nades, etc. You'd be the first - but then, we have to take you at your word then wouldn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                        W/e, I doubt your ability to fight and command effectively at the same time. YOU (now pointed at YOU personally) think you are doing a good job, but what are others on your team thinking?

I haven't met one commander yet in the history of my BF2 playing that was 100% effective when they were busy capping flags, fighting, throwing nades, etc. You'd be the first - but then, we have to take you at your word then wouldn't we?
                        Btw, I only ever command and fight on my clans' 16-man 16-player map server when it switches to Karkand, I'm on MEC, and no one else commands. Any other time, I don't command, I don't like it. Now, defending the first flag against 8 people is not at all hard to do, my friend, if you're talking about a 64-man server, no, I wouldn't do this, because I would hinder my team and I know that. But as far as 8v8 goes, there is no reason why the commander should be sitting back doing nothing. How hard is it to look down, press t, and click? Not hard at all. When someone calls for supplies, I look at them, press t, select the appropriate command, and click. How hard is that? Not at all.

I don't expect you to take my word for anything. I expect you to not be an arrogant ****.

As for commanders gaining points for kills, if I'm wrong, ****ing sue me. Every time I play commander and kill someone, I see my score list as 1 point for kills, and then the random other points you get from commanding. As I said, I don't command, I don't like it. But from my experience, you get 1 point for a kill. Read the title of that thread more carefully before you shove it in my face. THEORY. Not fact.

I'm sorry that every time I look at my score I had x kills and x points, then y kills with y points. And finally after being able to drop artillery and supply boxes it deviated from y/y, x/x, z/z, to a/a+b. I'm sorry that every time I command I check my score after everytime I kill someone and I happen to have 1 extra point.

Comment

Well then we'd agree. Sure you can command in an 8 vs 8 or even 12 vs 12. Any higher and something's gotta give.

My comments on commanding are made with 32-48 players in mind, which would then exclude you wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                            Well then we'd agree. Sure you can command in an 8 vs 8 or even 12 vs 12. Any higher and something's gotta give.

My comments on commanding are made with 32-48 players in mind, which would then exclude you wouldn't it?
                            A 32 still wouldn't be insanely hard to fight on. Though, if I did experience problems doing it I would sit back. Either way, I wouldn't be on the front lines of a 32, but at the second or third points waiting for flanks. Above 32...now, no reason to fight at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X