glad i got kicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad i got kicked

i never thought i would hear anyone say this, but im glad i got kicked the other day. FINALLY A SERVER THAT KICKS COMMANDERS FOR FIGHTING. i usually dont, but my team was filled with idiots that camped the hotel (kark), so i swung around back to the gatehouse and i killed someone over there. at first i was pissed that i got kicked, but then since i saw the reason, i was quite happy!(not really, but not mad)

...okay, im requesting your input on commanders fighting. it seems that many people believe that they should fight, i DO NOT. what do ya think?

Re: glad i got kicked

I think if they are at say, Airfield on Wake as Chinese, or any other "main base" that is cappable, they should be able to defend it, using anything at there disposal.

If the main is an uncap, then no, unless he is just killing some spec ops guy causing a ruckus.

Comment

I absolutely hate it when a commander fights instead of commanding. So many idiots think they are going to get the 2x points and they want to try and rack up kills. I have no problem initiating a mutiny (if it's an option). I don't mind bitching on the in-game chat. If I'm SL, I'll even talk to the commander over teamspeak. Usually, it starts out with simple explanations, but I have a short fuse when it comes to ****ty commanders. The team is out earning points for the commander, and the least he/she could do is to help the team. Commanders can't do anything when they are dead.
      I've played through entire rounds with no UAVs, no spots, and no supply drops. And not because no one was commanding, but because some noob was sitting on the crane "sniping" as commander.

I have absolutely no problem TKing commanders that suck.

Sure I could just switch the server, but I only frequent a handfull because of some solid regulars on each server. Sure I could take over command, but after 4 or 5 rounds in a row, I get sick of it.

However, there is the rare occasion where a commander must do some fighting. Defending assets, defending a flag, or when there are few players on the team (like <15). Even still, that should be a rare occurance.

Comment

^^^^ well put
        we have a well posted rule
        CO get kicked for fighting except in emergency
        or VERY LOW player count
        and even then - only capping a flag or other tactical things . . .
        NOT seeking out the enemy

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
          I absolutely hate it when a commander fights instead of commanding. So many idiots think they are going to get the 2x points and they want to try and rack up kills. I have no problem initiating a mutiny (if it's an option). I don't mind bitching on the in-game chat. If I'm SL, I'll even talk to the commander over teamspeak. Usually, it starts out with simple explanations, but I have a short fuse when it comes to ****ty commanders. The team is out earning points for the commander, and the least he/she could do is to help the team. Commanders can't do anything when they are dead.
          I've played through entire rounds with no UAVs, no spots, and no supply drops. And not because no one was commanding, but because some noob was sitting on the crane "sniping" as commander.

Sure I could just switch the server, but I only frequent a handfull because of some solid regulars on each server. Sure I could take over command, but after 4 or 5 rounds in a row, I get sick of it.

However, there is the rare occasion where a commander must do some fighting. Defending assets, defending a flag, or when there are few players on the team (like <15). Even still, that should be a rare occurance.
          Well said

Comment

right on, we do not let commanders use vehicles in our servers. do the job or resign plain and simple!

Comment

Yes, I agree davelisowski

I've seen commanders nade spamming too from the USMC hills on Karkand. I even texted a commander and asked "why are you fighting?". I got a simple reply saying "improving k/d ratio". What a smacktard...

So next round I joined MEC and went on my normal "nade-spammer killing rampage" and gunned this commander down several times. I texted back "So, how's your k/d now?" :laugh:

Comment

ha, dave, it seems as if you have been waiting to rant about that for some time now. but i agree 100%

Comment

I think people should follow the server rules, if it says no fighting commander then don't fight, otherwise I guess it's allowed. I never command for that reason, that I can't fight on most servers!

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
                    ha, dave, it seems as if you have been waiting to rant about that for some time now. but i agree 100%
                    lol. In a way, yes.

But I've always held that opinion about commanders. I've said similar things, just not in length.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski

Originally posted by BFROE|ABN_RGR
                      Well said

Are you sure that is well said ROE admin? Is tking on purpose an acceptable rule of engagement?

Comment

If there's only a few people on the server (10ish) then I will defend and occasionally capture flags, but never (ever) on fully populated servers.

Comment

Depends on the situation and the map. If I'm commanding on Karkand(yes, with vehicles), I'll grab a DAO-12 and fight in the alleyways with constant UAVs, not only so I know where people are, but so my team can defend too. Once Hotel gets taken, I fall back to either Gatehouse or Factory and lay and command. But that initial fight, I will be poppin caps in people.

You don't get a different score whether you're commander or not for killing people(unless you lose). When you kill someone as commander, all you get is 1 point. Then if you win, you get your score doubled, which will generally make it the same if you weren't commander. People are just dumb.

I have nothing against commanders fighting, as long as they aren't in tanks or air vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by [SMS]PrototypeJC
                            When you kill someone as commander, all you get is 1 point.
                            thats against everything i have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by ECGNBulletToothT
                              Are you sure that is well said ROE admin? Is tking on purpose an acceptable rule of engagement?
                              Excessive team-killing is against the ROE, but is an "optional" rule.
                              2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.
                              But then again, the commander not commanding falls under the same rule since it hinders the team.

And no, the commander does not receive any points for killing. Not at all what so ever.

Don't believe me? Test it yourself, or read this.

Comment

Working...
                              X