Maps...something is quite strange?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maps...something is quite strange?!

My regular (clan) server has a map rotation of every vanilla BF2 map there is bar Jalabad, always populated. Basically you've just got to look, these servers are out there.

Dragon Valley and Fushe are great maps for groundbumming, zipping about as AT from flag to flag. Try defending Wood Yard on DV as your last flag, pretty much the most fun you can have while being baseraped.

Comment

i didnt even know there was Zatar, desert maps are the most l33t.

Comment

Ok I just got this very high end PC....wish I could show a pic! And so I've been playin BF2 for about two weeks now but I got 1.41 about one week ago!

And it seems to only be sharqi oman wake kark and fushee in 32 player size!

Comment

It's cause there the best maps, the other ones don't have enough players or just most people don't like them.

Comment

Nah, it's just that people want to eliminate one or two of the variables... but basically, air support pisses them off so they go on specific maps and avoid the entire "problem".

Comment

Same with flyboys, they'll avoid ground pounding & IO maps altogether. To each their own....

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                Is it just me or does every1 pretty much only play these maps:

Karkand / Mashtuur / Wake / Oman

And the other seem to be empty and karkand and wake are the most played.

No I do have 1.41!
                This is true for ranked servers. Players tend to fall into a niche and don't want to have to adapt to situations as they arise.

Infantry -> Kark/Mash
                Pilots -> Wake/Oman

I highly recommend the unranked servers with full map rotation in place. It's a much more fun environment.

Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                  Nah, it's just that people want to eliminate one or two of the variables
                  Yep, that about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
                    Same with flyboys, they'll avoid ground pounding & IO maps altogether. To each their own....
                    Though I think doing both creates a much more adept player. When I first started I did ground only for ~30K points. Probably averaged close to 2:1 k/d raio. After that I played heli/jet for a bit. Now I'm back to mostly ground stuff and I'm averaging 3.5:1 k/d ratio.

Playing both I think gives players well rounded view of the battlefield and information -> win.

Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker45
                      Though I think doing both creates a much more adept player. When I first started I did ground only for ~30K points. Probably averaged close to 2:1 k/d raio. After that I played heli/jet for a bit. Now I'm back to mostly ground stuff and I'm averaging 3.5:1 k/d ratio.

Playing both I think gives players well rounded view of the battlefield and information -> win.

Rocker
                      Couldn't agree with you more. I was just saying that flyboys avoid servers the same way ground pounders do. It's best to mix things up like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
                        Uh... the difference being that if we want to groundpound, we can do it on any map. Nice try, though.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                          i play for both but thing is...i get lag on alot of maps. ill be in a 0 lag server on kark then it switches to wake then BAM lag..wtf.
                          wow, someone who finally shares my pain...i can be playing on a 32 man karaknd which is full with a 50-80 PING and barely LAG. If i join a wake server even with 6 people in it i LAG like HELL! same for Zatar, daquing, dalian and all open maps...it fuks me off....i have 10 mins on zatar and that was a blurry vision of screen jumps :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                            Uh... the difference being that if we want to groundpound, we can do it on any map. Nice try, though.
                            Different players have different abilities, some are better than others, let's not whine about it. I am what you guys call a flyboy, and yes I tend to basebomb alot. But trust me when I say that I have NEVER deliberatley raped a carrier or uncap unless I was allowed to AND there were no other bases.

All flyboys are not the same, we are not all the "whores" some of you guys think we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X