X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps...something is quite strange?!

Is it just me or does every1 pretty much only play these maps:

Karkand / Mashtuur / Wake / Oman

And the other seem to be empty and karkand and wake are the most played.

No I do have 1.41!

Re: Maps...something is quite strange?!

Lol, I could just have posted "welcome to battlefield 2" but meh, that's so boring. I'll try to explain it instead.
    There are 2 types of BF2 players. Players who play for stats (aka karkand whores) and players who play for the game. I like to call myself a player who plays for the game, but as many other my most played map is actually Karkand.

Comment

Its simple really, when people get time to play BF2 they dont want to spend 10 mins walking across landscape before they find combat, therefore maps like karkand, sharqi and mashtuur are often preferred. All the air whores like wake, oman and dalian. Then maps like songua, Fushee and Zatar are all but forgotten.

Comment

Though Zatar probably is one of the best maps available IMO.

Play it and learn it, and I think many people would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley

No I do have 1.41!
          You missed sharqi mate, its still got a decent following and is one of the best maps in my opinion.

Comment

I've got a lot of hours on Karkand, but it's not all about stats.
            Yeah sharqi is a great map

Comment

I play the whole rotation almost every night. Fushee isn't dead, neither is Zatar. People just need to find and join servers that have a full rotation.

This game has so much more to offer then the three maps mentioned. Granted it's no fun getting stuck in the middle of nowhere. But on a nearly full server, and squaded up with a commander that reserves vehicle drops for the times when they are called for it's rarely a problem to get around and find action.

Personally I find traversing large maps fun. There are all kinds of odd places, bridges, and chokepoints, on the larger maps that two squad leaders can really get into it with their men.

Also never underestimate the value of a good driver who knows his way around the larger maps. It only seems far away when you don't know how to get there.

Comment

you forgot sharqi and jalabad and i dont think oman is playe d that much.

I usaly play 24/7 servers because i have a slower computer then most people so it takes along time for me to load new maps.

Comment

Zatar is amazing. Daqing is one of the most well-developed maps. Fushe is...decent. Karkand is just another infantry-sided map, Sharqi is awesome. It depends whether or not you're a one-sided player. I hardly ever play IO, and actually think Karkand is a good map with vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                    you forgot sharqi and jalabad and i dont think oman is playe d that much.

I usaly play 24/7 servers because i have a slower computer then most people so it takes along time for me to load new maps.
                    Same here, I only play in a server with every map playing at the weekend when I can kick back and relax while it's loading and go do something else.

Every map is a great map on BF2, it's just Karkand and Wake are more popular because of the combat IMO

Comment

All maps get played, you just have to find a server with full rotation

it's really not even just BF2 thing, after awhile, most games end up having large portion of servers running reduced map cycle. Some maps just appeal to bigger % of players, and servers end up satisfying that demand ..

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley

No I do have 1.41!
                        Infantry with minimal air support. Surprised??

The only one you're missing is Sharqi: that's usually pretty popular with the groundlickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                          Lol, I could just have posted "welcome to battlefield 2" but meh, that's so boring. I'll try to explain it instead.
                          There are 2 types of BF2 players. Players who play for stats (aka karkand whores) and players who play for the game. I like to call myself a player who plays for the game, but as many other my most played map is actually Karkand.

i play for both but thing is...i get lag on alot of maps. ill be in a 0 lag server on kark then it switches to wake then BAM lag..wtf.

Comment

Sharki is ok.. Karkand rocks mastuer is ok I like dargon valley alot and used to love fusshe

Comment

Zatar was the first map I played and imo its the best one out of em all. Too bad that 24/7 zatari are half-full or empty most of the time.
                              Too bad majority of people just whore the 5 main maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X