• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many people still play?

I kinda quit I barley play now.

Comment

BF2 is better than 2142, but be aware: You'll face enormous amounts of problems that needs to be fixed, and you will have to spend hours for finding the solutions in forums, tweaks and stuff. A LOT of headache.
      If you're not really good at fixing problems and finding answers for some really annoying problems, you'll either throw the game out of the window or just leave it and suffer, lol.
      Oh, and there'll always be those bugs that you can't fix. And the 12 year old kids that'll try to force TK, TK by themselves and ruin your teamwork experience.

But it's fun nevertheless. I say buy it.

Comment

Funny how, on a BF2 forum, everyone says BF2 ftw.

I won't disagree though. 2142 is a $50 mod pack, but at least it removed some of the horrible players from BF2.

Comment

I no longer play BF2 or any mod of BF2. After the living with the 1.3 patch bugs for nearly 90 days and then to be greeted with the issues of getting PB kicked (not banned, but kicked as i don't hack) because PB can't read it's own memory locations (PB bug) from the 1.41 patch release, I tossed the game on the shelf with the likes of Doom2 and Rise of the Triad, because that is about how useful the game is now.

I never purchased BF2142, like I said I wouldn't do. So now I play Titan Quest (completely different genre). Since I made that decision my frustrations have died down and I am a happier gamer (not a happier person because I don't let games affect my whole life like that, but a happier gamer none-the-less).

I am doing what I have instructed so many others to do. I refuse to play EA's games anymore and refuse to buy another game of their's, developed by Dice or not. I have, in a sense, boycotted EA's games from my house. Not a complete boycott as I still have my disks (as I am still hopefull, shamefully, that they might someday fix the BF2 game), but the games aren't loaded and no new EA distributed games will be coming through my front door or internet connection. So we can call it a semi-boycott.

I know that my little efforts of semi-boycotting EA won't shut the company down tomorrow (my ego is in check), that isn't my goal and if it were I would be a complete idiot (I may still be an idiot, but not that type of idiot). I also know that they already got my money for BF2. I got many hours of enjoyment from the game in return for my $45. But with that enjoyment came many frustrating hours of dealing with badly programmed patches, lack of fixes with bugs that were present from day one and lack of support from EA and Dice. What I have done is ensured that I have the satisfaction of knowing that EA and Dice will never get another penny from this disgruntled gamer. I have voted with my wallet.

I won't be returning here as I don't have anything to contribute to these forums anymore.

As i leave you a reminder of what spawned my first post here, I wish you all the best.

I still have my $35 by not purchasing BF2142.... What's in your wallet?

Comment

Wow the link he mentions above is officially regarded as "the link of doom". It is the longest and most depressing post I have ever read. He told the story of a young game called Battlefield, and how it grew up but lost it's way...

I will summarize what he posted (I'm sure he'll disagree)- basically there were too many bugs, then EA just divided the community with revenue-savvy corporate moves.

I don't agree that there were too many bugs. If there were truly too many bugs there wouldn't still be the community there is... which still isn't small.

I do agree, in a sense, that EA made moves more prudent for it's bottom line than for the community. That happens with most games... Ubisoft and their Ghost Recon franchise are a case study in what happens when millions of consumers are pitted against a financially insignificant fanbase...

But that's the real world... gotta get used to it, unless you enjoy ranting (and this guy enjoys ranting, no disrespect, just read the link of doom if you don't believe me.)

Comment

Hundreds of thousands, I think...Or just a couple thousand.

Comment

Bf2 hands down

Comment

Game-monitor lists anywhere from 22,000 to 27,000. There was a big drop for the past week and a half for some reason. Only about 10,000 to 16,000 but now it is back to the high numbers. I still play everyday also. EIther bf2pro or vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
                    this site shows a list games with their current number of players and servers online

http://www.game-monitor.com/othergames.php?page=search
                    bf1942 is tenth on that list. That is good to see. I still play it an BFV. More then BF2 these days. But BF2 still rocks and I enjoy Infantry only mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                      I no longer play BF2 or any mod of BF2. After the living with the 1.3 patch bugs for nearly 90 days and then to be greeted with the issues of getting PB kicked (not banned, but kicked as i don't hack) because PB can't read it's own memory locations (PB bug) from the 1.41 patch release, I tossed the game on the shelf with the likes of Doom2 and Rise of the Triad, because that is about how useful the game is now.

I never purchased BF2142, like I said I wouldn't do. So now I play Titan Quest (completely different genre). Since I made that decision my frustrations have died down and I am a happier gamer (not a happier person because I don't let games affect my whole life like that, but a happier gamer none-the-less).

I am doing what I have instructed so many others to do. I refuse to play EA's games anymore and refuse to buy another game of their's, developed by Dice or not. I have, in a sense, boycotted EA's games from my house. Not a complete boycott as I still have my disks (as I am still hopefull, shamefully, that they might someday fix the BF2 game), but the games aren't loaded and no new EA distributed games will be coming through my front door or internet connection. So we can call it a semi-boycott.

I know that my little efforts of semi-boycotting EA won't shut the company down tomorrow (my ego is in check), that isn't my goal and if it were I would be a complete idiot (I may still be an idiot, but not that type of idiot). I also know that they already got my money for BF2. I got many hours of enjoyment from the game in return for my $45. But with that enjoyment came many frustrating hours of dealing with badly programmed patches, lack of fixes with bugs that were present from day one and lack of support from EA and Dice. What I have done is ensured that I have the satisfaction of knowing that EA and Dice will never get another penny from this disgruntled gamer. I have voted with my wallet.

I won't be returning here as I don't have anything to contribute to these forums anymore.

As i leave you a reminder of what spawned my first post here, I wish you all the best.

I still have my $35 by not purchasing BF2142.... What's in your wallet?
                      Dude you said that BF was dead nearly a year ago and that you wouldn't play it anymore but it seems you haven't quit until now since you're on the BF2 forums.

Originally posted by ECGNBulletToothT
                      I enjoy Infantry only mode.
                      Say what?

Comment

Originally posted by Chefmoto1

Say what?

Ok what. Seriously what can I say, I enjoy using a shotgun (preferably the UMSC single pump) and killing support guys with a nade/ammo pack in their hands, or a medic with defribs/health pack in their hands or a sniper with a claymore/nade in their hands. It can be fun.

Comment

urgh karkand infantry only is all but pointless cos the american team dont try and win they just try and kill. ive seen people just lying down in the alley ways around the hotel waiting for the enemy to come back.

Comment

I just got BF2 about a week ago and there are many people still playing. I don't play the actual game though, I just got it for Project Reality. There is about 300 to 700 people playing PR at any given time. For the original, its around 18000

Comment

Working...
                            X