Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Error Message

Yea man Ive dona all the above but NOTHING has even worked once.

The way the message is worded: mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found!!! _DO_ cheack your working directory. _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

Makes it seem sarcastic! and I am no hax0r and def do not know what the heck it is saying other than a shader file is missing, I have reinstalled the game but to no avail...

Comment

I have one question do you have a logitech G15 keyboard? because thats what im using and this is what logitech gave me as a response

Originally posted by Logitech
      Thank you for contacting Logitech Email Technical Support. Based on your email, I understand you are receiving the error message, 'mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found!!! _DO_ cheack your working directory. _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)' whenever the G15 gaming software is running in the background and you are about to play the BatltleField 2 game.

Austin, after performing a Google Search on ' mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found!!!' , I have determine that this error message has to do with the BattleField 2 gaming application itself. Kindly try out the suggestions in the following links to see if that helps with that error message-

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you require further assistance as I will be more than happy to assist you with your issue.

Sincerely,

Raymond
      Logitech Technical Support
      www.Logitech.com/support
      and this is what EA Games gave me

Originally posted by EA Games
      Hi,

This is Marlon and thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I apologize for the difficulties that you are having with Battlefield 2. This issue is usually the result of a file or registry corruption. To fix this, we will ned to perform a manual uninstall of the game prior to reinstalling it.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it. Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:

1. Open My Documents.
      2. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

To delete the game files (in the default location):

1. Open My Computer.
      2. Open the C drive.
      3. Open the Program Files folder.
      4. Open the EA GAMES folder.
      5. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
      6. Close all open windows.
      7. Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1. Click on the Start button.
      2. Click on Run.
      3. Type regedit in the text field.
      4. Click File and then choose Export.
      5. Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
      6. Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
      7. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
      8. Click the plus sign next to Software.
      9. Click the plus sign next to DICE.
      10. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
      11. Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Amored Fury folder (if applicable) and choose Delete.
      12. Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
      13. Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
      14. Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
      15. Click the plus sign next to Windows.
      16. Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
      17. Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
      18. Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} andchoose Delete.
      19. A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
      20. Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
      21. Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders.”)
      22. Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
      23. Empty the recycle bin once more.

After uninstalling Battlefield 2. Please reinstall it as well as the expansions and add-ons in the following order:

1. First installed Battlefield 2.
      2. Next install Battlefield 2: Special Forces.(if applicable)
      3. Install the latest full patch after installing Special Forces. (ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patc...Patch_1.41.exe)
      4. Next install Battlefield 2: Euro Force.(if applicable)
      5. Next install Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.(if applicable)
      6. Install the latest 1.41 full patch. Again (ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patc...Patch_1.41.exe)

Please try the game again. Hopefully the issue is now solved.

Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue. I will be looking forward for your response and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Marlon V.
      Electronic Arts Technical Support
      This is getting ridculose Logitech just googled it (that shows you how much they know) and EA keeps on giving me the expact same thing but try out those 2 websites that logitech gave me and see if that works

Comment

well im suprised logitech actually did something when the problem really has nothing to do with them

Comment

I found it crazy that the only thing that they did tell me that did work was to take off all proccess and try it then which got me thinking it was somethign that i was runnign that was causing it

Comment

Working...
          X