MOBO: Cant find it
    GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256mb
    RAM: 1gb
    HD: 160gb
    Latest Drivers installed:
    Anti-Virus/firewall: AT&T Yahoo! Online Protection
    Internet connection: DSL

When ever I go to play BF2 i get this message

mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh.fx not found!!! _DO_ cheack your working directory. _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

I have conctaed EA support 2 times now and waiting for reply on the 2nd one but it worked for 1 time then stopped working. I have manualy uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Downloaded the latest patch 1.41 b/c I thought it may had gotten corrupted. When I installed the game I unloaded all of the procceses that i didnt need to run my computer.

I am using BF2 deluxe Edition (5 cd) and it has nvr given me problems until this happened. I got it around August and it has worked for months. My dad has the original BF2 and BF2: SF and it works on his computer. I use xfire and if you have any more questions you can contact me my user name is thepunisher2008

Re: Error Message

i have the same damn problem with SF! Tell me if you can get it fixed I have too much trouble trying to deal with EA tech help outsourced crap.

Just PM me

Comment

i will but i need to get a reply from them and what have you done to try and fix it? i keep on getting the same thing from them but they jsut reword it

Comment

found in this thread at ea forums

Originally posted by murphy-d
        You have to re-patch after installing any of the other elements; SF or either of the booster packs. So, effectively, no matter what you do, the last thing you need to do before playing is re-install the latest patch. Also... clear your cache. Direct from EA Support: Delete the following folders: C:\My Docs\Battlefield 2\dmp, LogoCache, & mods
        lemme know if it works

Comment

oh why thx all that i had to do was reinstall the patch and it worked which is very strange but i hope i dotn have to do this every time i play bf2

Comment

glad i could help(if i did?)

Comment

ive been to that forum before but i didnt read it b/c i couldnt find anythign that helped me

Comment

so is it working or not?

Comment

ya it is jsut need to cheack it again

Comment

kk, good deal

Comment

well it worked for 1 time then i got the same thing so i guess that if i want to play the game i have to reinstall the patch every time

Comment

wow, thats not gonna work, i dont even have SF so ur best bet is to keep on googling, sry i couldnt help

Comment

its happening to both of them BF2 and BF2 SF

Comment

Try cleaning out your vid cache too.

My Documents/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache
                            and
                            My Documents/battlefield 2/mods/Xpack/cache

Clean em both out. reinstall 1.41 go into game and it will reoptimize shaders and it may clear your ongoing issue.

Comment

Guess what it didnt work even after reinstalling the 1.41 patch again and i downloaded CCleaner hoping that would help and it didnt

i found out what has been causing it or at least i think
                              I unloaded everything that I didnt need to run my computer and it worked out.
                              This didnt realy start happening until I got my Logitech G15 keyboard and i think I installed something on it that is messing with my game but thx for all of the help and ill be ont his forum now and i am looking for a new clan that is active and has been around for a while and has good leadership and people

Comment

Working...
                              X