No announcement yet.

Anyone know any sniper only servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know any sniper only servers?

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
    ppl who play on servers that limit kits, or weapons, really take away from the skills they SHOULD BE gaining in common combat scenerios, but cannot due to their experience in stat-padding environment
    Or maybe people have nothing to learn anymore? I am a good sniper and still find sniper only challenging, because it's different. Unlike any other game mode. But I do admit it's boring. And this anti-stat-padding enviroment you're talking about has nothing to do with sniper only.

I guess I'm just wasting my time but I'll tell you something:

People who make rules like ROE have probably never played the game. They may be EA's marketing staff who were given a task to write the Rules of Engagement they could distribute with ranked servers to make them official and state obvious things. Now some people think its the word of God and it must be obeyed literally. One thing is sure: They were not created by experienced players who actually know something, but rather by an outsider.

Of course this world needs rules which have to be obeyed, but unlike ROE, most laws are created by parliament or something which is chosen by people. If they make bad rules people will not choose them anymore. Or if it needs to be renewed it can be done.

I did actually wonder how any sane and good player with wide knowledge of online gaming would ever work with BFROE, but now I know (Just kidding, I always knew that, since my first experience on gaming ladders and clans. Admins who never play the game, rules which can't be obeyed, just plain stupid things often said and complained about by beginners and made a rule afterwards without investigating the problem).

Comment

Read this...

Yeah, the BFROE guys never play BF2...

Wow, this thread has been hijacked.

Comment

man, I spend time to make a game I dont play a better place to play?

Comment

Uh, I think he meant EA, not the guys from BFROE. Plus, I thought it was EA that wrote the ROE? I thought BFROE were just a self-appointed police force.

edit:I stand corrected, they were the ones tht wrote them according to that link. Although, the person from EA sure didn't want to ssay that. So by that logic, I should blame BFROE %100 for this whole IO clusterf**k. If you guys wrote the ROE, then you also decided that IO server were legit. Am I right?

Originally posted by davelisowski
          Read this...

Yeah, the BFROE guys never play BF2...

Wow, this thread has been hijacked.

Comment

Who cares what people do with there servers, they paid up.

Ive read numerous times on this board that you people dont care about stats, so why do you care about padding?

Comment

roe is gay. who cares. play to win.

Comment

God, I didn't know this was going to turn out to be a debate about BFROE and what not. This was about are there any servers for sniper practice, thanks to the few who helped and thanks to the many of you who have made my thread popular.

Comment

I think it is good to debate the ROE in these threads. If you wanted to play on a ranked server I don't think the ROE should stop you.

I want one of the BFROE guys to say how this would be stat padding when your points will not get as high as on a IO only server like Karkland. The argument that you will become some sort of leet sniper doesn't hold up either, you could do that in single player(practice). Then go on a ranked server and own everyone. As for earning a badge that way, so what? Like I said before, I can put the 100hrs in on any kit, then hope in a plane/chopper/tank and rack up the kills to get the badge. This could be concidered padding because I did use the kit to get those kills, except for the fact that I was that kit while in a plane/chopper/tank. Since IO was allowed the whole ROE is a joke. I have seen IO servers where the scores have been in the 250+ range. These are the same ranges that a K&P server will see. How is this not considered stat padding?

Hell, I need 550+ heal points to get my expert first aid. If I go play on a Kark IO server I could probably get that in a week, or I could go play on a K&P server and get it a week. Only difference? I would get my stats wiped for playing on a K&P server. How is that fair? Lord Of Weed is a great example of this also. He is ranked number on in the world, yet only plays on one server chucking nades all day. And a FF off server to boot. Who is that fair to the rest of us that chose to play all the different maps, and kits? He could be considered to be stat padding also, no?

What about all the people that got their stats wiped before 1.4 for playing on IO servers? Have they been re-instated? I doubt it.

Originally posted by gamekinbg
                  God, I didn't know this was going to turn out to be a debate about BFROE and what not. This was about are there any servers for sniper practice, thanks to the few who helped and thanks to the many of you who have made my thread popular.

Comment

Regarding the , getting the 100 hours in sniper only servers then using a jet to get the IAR kills required for the expert badge, why dont EA change it so that only kills by that kit are registered?

They seem to have done it for armour, ground defense etc. This would MAKE you get good at sniper as the only way you can get 40 kills in a round as a sniper is to be good and not short cutting by using vehicles as that class.

Comment

Working...
                    X