• Show
Clear All

Re: graphics question

Originally posted by punkboy459
    Lol I was just trying to help that kid
    i know, and you probably did help!

Comment

I dont know why but I still get some black spots sometimes and righnow I am running a x1950 pro, 3 gigs and a amd 64 4200+.

Comment

most likely heat issues. check your temps with ati tool v.24.

dust your pc with a can of compressed air.

Comment

Dont know why it runs so hot but it runs at about 98 to 111. I am running 4 silenx fans on the side panal. Two are putting out 90 cfm and the oter 2 are putting out 72 cfm. Here is a link to the fan manufacture if any of you want to take a look at them, http://www.silenx.com/ixtremaprofans.asp?sku=ixp-76-18. I guess I will try blowing out any dust of my system as I can. I will update with what happens.

Comment

98-111 is FAR too high. My card craps out at that temp, and the highest it gets to is 62*C. Does your card have passive cooling? Get rid of that crap and buy a proper heatsink and fan. Silence isn't everything. One thing about having good-ish cooling, is that my feet are f*cking freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by triten82
              Dont know why it runs so hot but it runs at about 98 to 111. I guess I will try blowing out any dust of my system as I can. I will update with what happens.
              Just to make sure the obvious isn't being overlooked, that's celsius, and not Farenheit, correct?

Also, how are your fans arranged? Sounds like got more than enough of them...but do you have them arranged so that you have two blowing in and two blowing out?

If those are degrees C, then you need to figure out what is wrong and fix it very, very fast. Can you open your computer and verify that that the fan is turning? Do have a program (i.e., ati tool v.24) that will let you set it at full speed and see if that helps?

If you (very temporarily) open the side of your pc, point a house fan at it, and play for a few minutes, do the temps still go up? That would indicate that the HSF isn't seated well on the GPU, so you'd want to get some new thermal paste and reseat the card (might as well get a nice after market one if that's the case--zalman vf900-cu is great for that, and since it's an "open" arrangement, you can always tell when its gotten clogged up with house dust).

Buy ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Originally posted by camperstruck
              Does your card have passive cooling? Get rid of that crap and buy a proper heatsink and fan.
              Don't think the x1950pro's have any models with passive cooling. I've heard that the x1950 series from sapphire and powercolor do indeed have some heating issues, and since they use the reference ATI design, you'd expect an ATI card to suffer similarly.

HIS Ice-q series put a better hsf solution on their models, but I think you're right. A decent HSF might make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Working...
              X