graphics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics question

Hi,Just like to ask what you guys think would be the best graphics card to run this bf2.At the moment im running a 3.06Ghz,200gb hdd,512mb ram,geforce 6200 256mb video card.But find if i up my graphics setting in the game which are set to low at this stage the game will run alot slower.Would it help if i changed my video card to a geforce 6800 256mb and ifso would it make much differance.The game runs fine on the low settings but my view distance is cloudy,Any advice would be great.Thanks guys.

Re: graphics question

Get more RAM, and a better video card. That would be the best bet.

You'll probably get more bang for your buck if you upgrade to 1Gb or 1.5Gb of RAM. However, that video card is pretty outdated. I wouldn't get another GeForce 6. Upgrade to 7 or 8. 8's are really expensive though.

Comment

tsk tsk tsk... I don't see it going very well with ur system. better GPU is a must and so is RAM... whatever dave said take it to the heart.

Comment

More ram. BF2 loves to eat up ram.

I use to run BF2 on my old system, AMD 2500, 9800pro and 1gig ram. It would lag for the first minute I played on a map, but after that, the map would run fine. I upped it at some point to 2gigs and BF2 ran great all the time. B)

Dragon

Comment

The Nvidia 6800 is minimum, but works. What you really need is the RAM, and not a gig, 2gigs. I have a 6800 and 1 gig, and most servers lag pretty good for the first minute, but then play fine. Even then, you cant max out graphics settings, if you did, hit registration would be pathetic. I am about to upgrade to 2 gigs, because it takes forever to verify, and I would like the game to play up to speed straight away. I have never played a game that suckedup more resources than bf2...get all you can.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys,Like i said it runs fine on the low settings but yes a few other friends told me to add more ram but thought i would ask the people who play this game alot as you would know a hell of a lot more.Any way i will try what you guys have said and see how that goes.Thanks again.

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
            The Nvidia 6800 is minimum, but works. What you really need is the RAM, and not a gig, 2gigs. I have a 6800 and 1 gig, and most servers lag pretty good for the first minute, but then play fine. Even then, you cant max out graphics settings, if you did, hit registration would be pathetic. I am about to upgrade to 2 gigs, because it takes forever to verify, and I would like the game to play up to speed straight away. I have never played a game that suckedup more resources than bf2...get all you can.
            Omg how many $$$ do i need to spend to enjoy the best out of this game.Maybe best if i just plug along with what ive got at least i can still play a decent game but yes it can take a while to load but gives me time to make a cuppa.Cheers

Comment

i would get at least a 7600gt , but the 7900gs prices are pretty low..so yeah...btw do u have agp or pci-ex?

Comment

You guys are sooo dumb but "conscriptvirus is good rest of you are! listen! My friend just got brand new pc I built of for him 6200 card 256mb 1gb of ram and Same CPU but bit higher like around 3.7 not extaly sure...thing is he can run meds and terrin high. I'm not lying I test it see if it run good well it did least 40ppl if you want run 64 then get least 6600gt! Plus on setting meds it very worth it then high setting. The high setting HAS ONLY LITTLE LITTLE detailed but it eat your ram badly. My recommand run meds.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                  i would get at least a 7600gt , but the 7900gs prices are pretty low..so yeah...btw do u have agp or pci-ex?
                  agp,adding more ram 2night to see if it speeds things up.

Comment

2 gigs of ram is the best for minimum reallly, graphix card you can get a $100 or so one and it would be decent

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
                      You guys are sooo dumb but "conscriptvirus is good rest of you are! listen! My friend just got brand new pc I built of for him 6200 card 256mb 1gb of ram and Same CPU but bit higher like around 3.7 not extaly sure...thing is he can run meds and terrin high. I'm not lying I test it see if it run good well it did least 40ppl if you want run 64 then get least 6600gt! Plus on setting meds it very worth it then high setting. The high setting HAS ONLY LITTLE LITTLE detailed but it eat your ram badly. My recommand run meds.
                      Your mates pc sounds a lot like mine but with more ram,The only reason im asking about the graphics card is because my view distance is very cloudy,It is set to 100% but if im in a jet or heli i loose track of the others pretty dam quick.But then again i have never seen this game on a pc with a video card greater than mine.Anyway i have takin your advice.I may just play around with the settings and see what happens.Cheers thanks again punkboy.

Comment

Originally posted by budgie
                        Your mates pc sounds a lot like mine but with more ram,The only reason im asking about the graphics card is because my view distance is very cloudy,It is set to 100% but if im in a jet or heli i loose track of the others pretty dam quick.But then again i have never seen this game on a pc with a video card greater than mine.Anyway i have takin your advice.I may just play around with the settings and see what happens.Cheers thanks again punkboy.

Oh I'm soooo sooo sorry I didn't know I thought you want run smoother. Well if you want see very clear then my suggest get least 6600gt or if you got enough to get 6800gt those are pretty decent card...
                        Ps...Rest you guys I'm so sorry for my comment!

Comment

Oh I'm soooo sooo sorry I didn't know I thought you want run smoother. Well if you want see very clear then my suggest get least 6600gt or if you got enough to get 6800gt those are pretty decent card...
                          Ps...Rest you guys I'm so sorry for my comment!
                          No Problems mate,I will take any advice at this time to get the best out of this game with what this pc has at the moment.No need to be sorry punkboy it may of just been how i put the question.Thanks for the help anyway.I do think a ram & video card upgrade will solve my problem but thought i would just ask a few questions about what this pc is running and if there was anyway of tweaking up the performance without going backwards.Cheers.

Comment

Oh I'm soooo sooo sorry...
                            In my siggy; thanks for the good times.
                            OP--at least 1gb of ram, and do you have a pci-e or agp slot?

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
                              In my siggy; thanks for the good times.
                              OP--at least 1gb of ram, and do you have a pci-e or agp slot?

Lol I was just trying to help that kid

Comment

Working...
                              X