Nobody seems to care about winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nobody seems to care about winning

thats the first thing I noticed about BF2. Nobody cares about winning and flags really dont make a critical difference. Theres so much more instant infantry action and killing than BF1942 that ticket bleed doesnt make much of a difference. And why play for a team when personal stats are all that matter??

Comment

how i usually spend my bf2 time, just to clear things up:

50% karkand IO
      10% fooling around, wherever that may be
      30% on other servers, with a variety map rotation and vehicles
      and another 10% on mods.

im not a lone wolf, or a teammate, im both. If my squads are all over the place, im all over the place. If my squad is actually caping flags, ill be close by. It just depends on other people's ways of playing that influences me. I just think that having 1.1x your score could make rounds more interesting, having the majority of people capturing flags and not running straight through the backyard towards the hotel spamming nades on karkand. But, i see your point now that people would team stack like crazy, so i guess its fine the way it is, you convinced me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
        on half of the servers i play on, both teams dont really care about winning (majority of people). I can say that i too dont really care about winning either, i just want a good score. Like Kabooms karkand for example, its like the idea of the hotel flag shouldnt be capped is implied, and the USMC team doesnt try that hard to cap it, instead they fuel the firefight between the close spawnpoints. Only commanders really care about winning, and theres always that 1 squad that tries to sneak in and capture a flag, which in turn is for no good, since nobodys spawns on it and it gets counter-capped almost instantaneously. Not complaining or anything, just thought these rounds could be a bit more interesting. commanders get double their score for winning so i think:

People should get 1.1 or 1.2x their score for winning

does this seem like a good idea to you?

I do think squads should be rewarded as it would promote teamwork, but I don't think the entire team ought to be rewarded for winning. Basically there is an even easier answer to your problem: play on better servers.

Comment

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
          I do think squads should be rewarded as it would promote teamwork, but I don't think the entire team ought to be rewarded for winning. Basically there is an even easier answer to your problem: play on better servers.
          It has nothing to do with servers, it has to do with how the majority of BF2 players play.

BF2 is a deathmatch, cap-the-flag-then-run-to-the-next-undefended-flag game.

Comment

Working...
          X