Should Dice remove uncappable flags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Dice remove uncappable flags?

Making so all flags on the battlefield can be capped and taken, including the carrier. My thoughts one the Carrier flag has been moved, wonder why? Two, if your team is so unable to hold a base or get one then in rights your last base should be able to be capped so the round can end, or for some amazing carrier invasion battles. Ofcourse to capture the carrier, it should take twice the time since it's a more important target.

in alot of maps one side has an uncappable and the other doesn't, unbalancing. Most servers dont allow you into the enemy base and more than often ban you even if your going for the artillary. So one side is destroying your assests while you cant go near theres or be banned.

Re: Should Dice remove uncappable flags?

No because then that would suck some ***. There would be serious raping and youd have no chance of spawning and moving out, think 64 player karkand.
    its there to give the team a chance.

Comment

I was just thinking about this today, all uncaps should be removed also when you cap an enemy main, the commander should be able to claim/use both UAV's and scans.

Originally posted by funk3h
      No because then that would suck some ***. There would be serious raping and youd have no chance of spawning and moving out, think 64 player karkand.
      its there to give the team a chance.
      You mean you'd have no chance to sit on your *** and wait for vehicles.

Comment

No, I kinda think's that stupid, what if the take your armory? They get more tanks/helos/APC's. Then what? You get spawn camped to death.

Comment

No they need to add more so some maps are not rape fests. Anybody remember the rape fest also known as BFV where this was the standard?

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceKeeper-CAN-
            No, I kinda think's that stupid, what if the take your armory? They get more tanks/helos/APC's. Then what? You get spawn camped to death.
            I think your opinion is kind of stupid. MEC has capable bases with armor as does PLA, lets not mention airfields either.
            You can't get spawn camped to death if it's a capable base because durf you won't be able to spawn there.
            Common sense would be to protect your assets like the usual opposing team has to against the USMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
              Making so all flags on the battlefield can be capped and taken, including the carrier. My thoughts one the Carrier flag has been moved, wonder why? Two, if your team is so unable to hold a base or get one then in rights your last base should be able to be capped so the round can end, or for some amazing carrier invasion battles. Ofcourse to capture the carrier, it should take twice the time since it's a more important target.

in alot of maps one side has an uncappable and the other doesn't, unbalancing. Most servers dont allow you into the enemy base and more than often ban you even if your going for the artillary. So one side is destroying your assests while you cant go near theres or be banned.
              I'd be all for that. Then it would remove the safety net some teams have to hide in their uncap base, and able to lift air units from it. Also, with the rules about Spec Ops not being able to stay in uncaps, also benefits the enemy commander so he can drop the magic supply box and repair his stuff - these rules are for wimpy admins to have their cake and eat it too.

It would be great for gameplay, since a team that lets the rest of the flags go so they can sit in their uncap to wait for planes/choppers will risk losing the round by doing so. There needs to be some incentive for these players to leave their uncap and play the damn game. Right now as it stands, many rounds I play are favored for one side over the other - the main cause always being 'the team who sits in its uncap and fights over the planes instead of capping loses every time'.

Will Dice remove uncappable flags? No. So we're all wasting our time discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                I'd be all for that. Then it would remove the safety net some teams have to hide in their uncap base, and able to lift air units from it. Also, with the rules about Spec Ops not being able to stay in uncaps, also benefits the enemy commander so he can drop the magic supply box and repair his stuff - these rules are for wimpy admins to have their cake and eat it too.

It would be great for gameplay, since a team that lets the rest of the flags go so they can sit in their uncap to wait for planes/choppers will risk losing the round by doing so. There needs to be some incentive for these players to leave their uncap and play the damn game. Right now as it stands, many rounds I play are favored for one side over the other - the main cause always being 'the team who sits in its uncap and fights over the planes instead of capping loses every time'.

Will Dice remove uncappable flags? No. So we're all wasting our time discussing it.
                Completely agree, every base should have a threat against it, and every teams air power should be able to be taken, if the team cannot work together.

It might even give the people waiting for the jets something to do (Defend the flag that is)

But, like you said, not going to happen.

*EDIT* Well, I think it could go the other way to, so that if One side had an uncap, both sides had to, but I would prefer none.

Comment

Only if the maps had more flags...

Comment

That would be completely stupid..

The times a team has an uncap, is when they start with no flags, or they are at a disadvantage.

It's balanced the way it is now.. It would actually be UNbalanced if you took uncap away, because right off the bat people would fly a plane over and cap it before anyone loaded in..

I swear.. I will never understand why people make such stupid threads.. No offense to you thread starter, but this will never happen so why bother..?

Comment

Heh true true , But screw removing un-caps and bring back the BFV tunnel points ( dam egine doest let you do it )

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

The times a team has an uncap, is when they start with no flags, or they are at a disadvantage.

It's balanced the way it is now.. It would actually be UNbalanced if you took uncap away, because right off the bat people would fly a plane over and cap it before anyone loaded in..
                        Well, if this were to happen (it wont) they would have to do a Dalian plant like thing for pretty much all maps, where all are neutral but two...

Comment

It would be quite fun to be able to cap the carrier and defend it

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
                            It would be quite fun to be able to cap the carrier and defend it
                            I think if that were to happen, the PLA/MEC should not be able to use the essex guns still, as they would have idea how to operate it

But, the closest we could come to this, is in a mod I suppose.

*EDIT* I meant MEC, not GLA, playing to much C&C Generals

Comment

Or remove the stupid *** rule many servers have "Don't attack the uncap", and we're back to the classic BF2, played the way it was originally intended - as a war game.

Comment

Working...
                              X