Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Battlefield 2 work with Vista Ultimate 32-Bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Battlefield 2 work with Vista Ultimate 32-Bit?

Anyone try 64-bit? I am about to download it through MSDN and was curious if anyone had any ideas about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar2501
      It works to some degree with the retail ultimate Vista x32. I had a hard time loading the program using the deluxe CDs, so I had to load battlefield 2. then special forces separately.

Once installled and upadted with 1.41, it always kicks me off servers with "inadequate O/S privliges" from PunkBuster.

Single player works fine though. I assume this is some sort of setting within the new Vista. I turned what i could (and know about) off, and still get the problem.

Worked fine in XP
      You just have to run it with Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and as a administrator. I don't have any problems with being kicked by punkbuster.

I installed the ultimate OEM a day before the official launch. Have an Ati card and have actually noticed a slight increase in performance. now my 6x AA runs a little bit smoother. I heard the nVidia drivers for vista sucked *** though, but they did just make a beta drive for SLI today.

So far, I'm unimpressed with Vista... nothing too apparent over XP. Do I regret installing it? No... I live on the bleeding edge... and I'm always willing to try the newest things... besides, with my hardware configuration... a slight decrease in frames means I'm still playing at 1680x1050 averaging 80+fps in intense fight with 6xAA.

Almost time for an upgrade though, I've had this same computer sans the video card for over two years now... Time to get a new mobo and maybe one of those quad core cpus. I'll do it over the summer.

No biggie.

Comment

Yup, no problems here. Drivers for my zboard and saitek x52 don't exist yet, but everything else I was able to get drivers for.

Originally posted by RocketChild
        Anyone try 64-bit? I am about to download it through MSDN and was curious if anyone had any ideas about it.

Comment

Tried running in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, but no change. still connecting and getting kicked via punkBuster becasue of "Inadequate O/S Priveleges". Anyone else have any ideas here?

Comment

Ok man hopefully this will help

Ok guys Vista is out! It's supposed to be a faster OS that is "friendlier" to gamers than xp.

One problem...
            Punkbuster is not "necessarily" compatible with Vista....yet.

When testing Battlefield 2 on Vista it worked excellent until we went Multiplayer in server. Punkbuster kept bumping us out.

So remember this tip! Here is how you will fix it and it's easy. Go to your Bf2 icon on your desktop right click on it and goto properties-->Click the compatibility tab check mark the compatibility mode and check mark the run this program as admin.

Then when you get back into bf2 it will run fine. I know this is going to be hell until punkbuster adapts to VISTA so we dont have to do that. So for those of you that are getting vista today or within the month most likely you'll have to do that, that is until PB (Punkbuster) patches a new version.

I found this on another Bf2 site

Comment

Yes exactly. Make sure when you want to play Multiplayer run BF2 as admin or you wont connect.

Comment

I finally got it to work, but had to turn of UAC. The XP compatibility didnt matter if it was on or off.

Comment

Working...
                X