The J-10 Imbalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The J-10 Imbalance

All I know is, in a helo, I have an easier time evading a F35, than I do a J10.
    A good J10 pilot can make life very miserable for a helo pilot. Not to say there is nothing you can do, there is...plenty, ...its just that a good, determined, J10 pilot can pester a helo into submission. I worry about all jets when flying a helo, I'm just saying I have a harder time with a J10 than I do a F35. I am not a jet flyer, so I really dont know why, but I do know which I have an easier time with.

Comment

Originally posted by jakswan
      I'm not flaming but sometimes you need to go OTT to get a point across. 90% of the players playing Wake don't seem to have a clue as US. I've played quite a bit of 64 player Wake 24/7 servers and twice I've come across more than five players that seem to know what to do.

Unless your a really really good pilot then the F35 is only quick transport for upto six players to get to the Island. If you've got really really good players then in fact your entire team can be on the Island in about thirty seconds.

Round starts one plane get to Island he is Squad Leader, bails, I spawn on him then leave squad forming my own then allowing upto another five other players to spawn.

If your not a squad leader then DO NOT SPAWN.

AT THE START OF THE ROUND IF YOU DO NOT SPAWN YOU CAN SQUAD HOP.

/methinks you've been playing too much Karkland IO
      Me thinks you might be playing on UCB restricted servers. ;-) Try some of those things when one or two excellent pilots are hammering the ACC.

But I agree, it can be done and I have posted some of my tricks and tips in here about it.In fact I find getting a squad in a RIB, letting the pilot kill a few people and swimming the rest of the way the most effective. As squad leader I bail out as the Jet's smaller weapons begin to hit, he kills a few of my squad and assumes the job is done.

But over all game play for the entire community would improve. Yes it would make things easier for all but the most experienced and team orientated players, but it would also eliminate the feeling that's there's a need for UCB rules. I think it's a little too much to ask newer players to be playing at the pinnacle of team work and coordination just to make a map playable.

In an ideal BF2 world everyone would understand what you and I are saying. Take your lumps and modify your game play to defeat the J-10 at Wake. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world. If the reaction on most servers and by most players wasn't to start implementing all kinds of rules, and instead opt for the team to play cohesively then I probably wouldn't advocate any change.

Believe me I'm not a Karky advocate by any means, infact quite the opposite. I just think community wide, and from a game play stand point when comparing BF2 to other games, that curtailing aircraft power just slightly would be a good change. Compared to all the other foolish changes they've made, it would make more sense.

I think other maps would see improved game play across the spectrum of experience when it comes to players.

Originally posted by Chris Redfield
      Disfigured, no ATS targeting box means that there will be tons of teamkills. Thats bad.

The best method to tone down jets efficiency has been discussed through a long time ago and most pilots agreed.

*STA sites do not appear in the HUD
      *STA sites do not show if occupied or not
      *Bombs have SMALL splash damage RADIUS, to make them anti-vehicular, instead of ant-personnel (except for bombers)
      *Reduce machine gun splash damage to minimum, to make them ATA, instead of ATS, or increase skill level needed to make them work in ATS

Plus of course, the standard, fixing all jets missile hit issues and so on.

make fighters hunt jets, and attack vehicles, and make bombers deliver hell to the ground. Simple cocktail.
      Well you guys know better then I do, I'm all for anything that would make it slightly harder once a pilot attains a certain amount of skill. How it's achieved isn't an issue with me.

I would think at some point you guys (pilots) would welcome a new challenge. I would think having to skirt certain areas that were heavy with ground AA would make things more interesting. Or in the least having to worry about something. Rather then how it stands now which is once a certain level of excellence is achieved it's only a matter of target selection and order that is the problem.

Although I'm unfamiliar with some of the acronyms your using, as far as team-killing goes , I don't think that's always an excuse not to make a change.

The increased risk of team-killing when added to any weapon can have many outcomes. The more conscious player will simply hold fire, that in itself can tone done an overpowered weapons platform. But your probably right pilots TK enough as it is, with all the tools available to them.

Again I'm not a nerf advocate, and take my lumps and keep my mouth shut (most of the time). I've often won rounds with apposing pilots getting insane scores, so I have my little victories too.

Just a tweak, a tad more chance to accomplish things with less experienced teams is what I'm asking.

Comment

Well you guys know better then I do, I'm all for anything that would make it slightly harder once a pilot attains a certain amount of skill. How it's achieved isn't an issue with me.
        Bingo. But then again DICE did the same for BF2142, and we all know how "fun" those gunships are to fly.

If you put 1000 hours into one aspect of the game, you will dominate. Patching that away isnt a smart choice.

I
        would think at some point you guys (pilots) would welcome a new challenge. I would think having to skirt certain areas that were heavy with ground AA would make things more interesting. Or in the least having to worry about something. Rather then how it stands now which is once a certain level of excellence is achieved it's only a matter of target selection and order that is the problem.
        The whole ground aspect of the game fits into the so called horribly unoriginal Rock Paper Scissor balance system. You can take down anything if you put your mind to it. The problem is that the STA (Surface to Air), is meant to be dealing with CHOPPERS and not jets. For jets, you need other jets and you need stealthy and highly mobile STA unit. Such as a STA class.

This whole STA and ATS thing is FUBARed from the start. You can make it work, and I can make it work, but its not a good anti-jet solution. DICE could make STA work great against jets, but it would annihilate choppers. And when 1.2 patch hit the decks, people were teamkilling for STA sites as they were usually tools for easy kills. Pilots adapted, and those teamkillers didnt.

In short, I would think 2 different STA systems would have been the best solution. Stationary like now, plus mobile. Avenger system would work best (HMMWV with Stinger launchers). Avengers would most likely be easy to kill, but the upside would probably be their numbers and high mobility.

You can make a pilot feel challenged, but a target will always evolve and adapt quicker than the chaser.

At this moment, if you squad up and man 2-3 STA sites, and use them wisely (have some experience first), enemy air threat will be effectively stopped. Yet people dont do this. This is the factual proof that pilots have adapted and evolved, and people on the ground have stood still.

Although I'm unfamiliar with some of the acronyms your using, as far as team-killing goes , I don't think that's always an excuse not to make a change.
        S- surface
        T- To
        A- air

The increased risk of team-killing when added to any weapon can have many outcomes. The more conscious player will simply hold fire, that in itself can tone done an overpowered weapons platform. But your probably right pilots TK enough as it is, with all the tools available to them.
        HUD markings are important. Almost as important as red tags/blue tags for a sniper.

Again I'm not a nerf advocate, and take my lumps and keep my mouth shut (most of the time). I've often won rounds with apposing pilots getting insane scores, so I have my little victories too.
        No problems. Im all in for a good discussion with the opposition, to make up a good solution to the problem. However, DICE has abandoned BF2 a LOOONG time ago, so this will still stay as it is, a discussion.

Comment

No not no baserape I've seen it done a few times, vividly I recall one Squad Leader bailing at the beach, I spawned on him whilst he was in the bunker and he said via VOIP 'We've had it that chopper knows I'm here'. I ran out (if I could have waved I would have ) took a few pot shots at him and he shot after me. I died but not before SL had capped the flag.

What then followed was twenty minutes of BF2 at it's finest, two teams knocking the living daylights out of each other using everything on the map, all over the that one point, the airfield. I think we won 4-0. Once you turn the airfield white methinks the J10 pilots turn the same colour

So rare though, most of the players play Bf2 like my five year old nephews football team plays football, they all run madly after the ball.

If I'm flying a J10 I don't bother with the carrier, why bother dealing with potentially, two fairly lethal essex guns and miss something in the process.

Comment

the j-10 is a great jet for the rockets hitting the f-35 but j-10 vs j-10 different story. dice have made the f-35 completely crap with the rockets hitting anything and its a rocket magnet. i do love the f35 and i think its the best jet. if only the rockets worked... imagine the damage you could do. especially jakswan in one :P

Comment

The bombs and cannon on the F-35 rip the **** though, so if you want to ground pound from the air...

Comment

yep definitely, love it when usmc have airfield on wake. absolutely rape them on the ground

Comment

The J-10 is better, but as an F35-B pilot you can easily stay alive.... Fly high, and loop high into the sky when you see a J-10. Drop bombs with precision from high hights and sweep down for cannon kills when you are J-10 free. If a J-10 gets on your *** start heading straight up and hit flares a quarter of the way up on the first side of the loop. Halfway down the second side of the loop, flatten out and streak away to the left or right with afterburners (preferably to your bases). If you get on a J-10, hit them with the cannons on bomb mode, fly above and to their left/right and swoop your nose down for a sec or two to shoot at them, then back up. This way they do not see you. If you get them a few times and they get jumpity, switch to missile mode and dumbfire, then back to bomb and chase them. Hopefully they are damaged and flare-less now. Switch back to missile, and fire away while shooting cannon.

Cheers

Comment

I think the J10 needs more missiles, more cannon ammo and 4 bombs

Comment

Originally posted by YoDiddy
                      I think the J10 needs more missiles, more cannon ammo and 4 bombs
                      And self-replicating nuclear bombs?

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
                        And self-replicating nuclear bombs?
                        with lazer beams i want fricken j10s with laserbeams

Comment

Working...
                        X