The J-10 Imbalance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The J-10 Imbalance

I never really played Wake until recently, and I have now witnessed the J-10 issue many times. Im just curious, Dice went through and nerfed everything in this game, then they created the J-10.

What the hell were they thinking?

Re: The J-10 Imbalance

i'm a noob really to vehichles which jet is the j-10?

Comment

Originally posted by AznReaperX
      i'm a noob really to vehichles which jet is the j-10?
      Its the Chinese jet, short and stocky, grey in colour.

Turns on a dime, missile repellent and rapes anything and everything.

Comment

YEA CHINESE PRIDE lol sry i'v flown that one and i dont think i'v ever gotten killed by another jet or AA in it so it's probably really dam good...i'v never killed anyone yet with a jet so i would have no clue about the weapondry on it

Comment

i have no idea what they were thinking. its fun when you're in it, but when you're in an f-35, it makes you want to cry.:cry:

Comment

Jet for BF2 n00bs.

Comment

It could be, and this is only a theory, that the J-10 and is superiority over other jets is due to the fact that the Chinese never battle the USMC on an infantry style map, which as we all know are very popular maps. To keep people interested in the Chinese faction and the maps they are on, they included the J-10, the most teamkilled for vehicle.

...or could simply be due to EA timelines and due dates for the development team and they bypassed or didnt have enough time to complete it proberly. Of course that doesnt excuse their unwillingness to patch it later on.

Comment

i'm not sure if there is any coding differences for the missiles on the j10 versus those attached to the f35,

but many times (and i have brecorder file to prove it) i've watched my missiles tail the jet perfectly until it hit their burners, then it veers off in a 60 degree angle. This only occurs if the j10 is in a full afterburner turn.

Fancy flying allows the j10 to break away from missiles much faster, but even on a normal turn, the missiles can't hit them, no matter the angle.

In f35's i just change my tactics (because i'm forced to). attack from above, and never climb to get away from them.

The fact is, most veteren f35 pilots will tell you there is no imbalance, but they are quite simply wrong.

Comment

If you look at wake island carefully the weakness of the j-10 on that map is that you can actually take away the airfield entirely. The J-10 is imbalanced but you can deal with the j-10 even with the F-35 but you have know how to fly the F-35 properly to do so. First and foremost the F-35 is a high altitude fighter in this game, if they come up to engage you just strato run away, the bottom line is the F-35 strength is the ability to choose when and where you fight, I'd be more than happy to demonstrate this. Back to the airfield on wake, once you take it china has absolutley no airpower, the whole objective as china is to prevent a succesful landing, not fight them once they land, I see alot of people rape the carrier with the j-10 on that map, very bad Idea, the phalanx will sooner or later get a hit on you, and while you are raping the carrier, a blackhawk (biggest threat) will slip by, cap your airfield, and J-10 is declawed leaving the us with 3 jets all ideal for ground attack to pound china into submission.

Wake island is a very balanced map, its just that people want to compare apples to oranges. China is on the defense, usmc is on offense, USMC has a huge advantage that no matter what happens they have air assets of some sort, china can be totally declawed of air assets by a few people in an instant jumping out from a black hawk over airfield flag. However if china has a good J-10 pilot he can make that a dubious task, however, its hard to stop 2 black hawks at once and boats sweeping around to the far east and north, but then again a good commander will guide his jets and attack helo to counter these threats, its a big game of rock paper scissor. thats my personal take on wake.

As for the J-10 in general, the J-10 is a little overpowered when going against an F-35. IMHO the J-10 should only be matched against the F-18, I personally prefer the F-18 to the J-10 as I find it easier to elude missles with it, than the J-10. I want every one reading this to pay attention to what I'm about to say, THE J-10 WILL BE HIT BY MISSLES IF YOU GET HIM TO POP FLARES THEN LEAD HIM A LITTLE AND FIRE YOUR SALVO OF MISSLES!!! I do this all the time with the F-35 and take vicious pot shots at them all through the round making them not nearly as effective. The really tough map in my oppinion isnt wake, but instead Dalian Plant. Not because the F-35 is bad but because the cieling for the F-35 is so low (850).

In conclusion, I had a hard time with the learning curve initially with the jets, but I learned what the F-35 could and couldnt do, I also learned that J-10 couldnt do some things the F-35 could. Take advantage of your roll rate in the F35 and responsivness of the jet and delay the lock of the J-10 while you climb to strato run heights, after that reengage at your discresion. At any rate this topic has been beat to death, and maybe this post should be locked due to redundancy.

Comment

j10 is THE killer
                    but it makes up for their other bad vehicles

edit
                    just read BOB's post
                    agree with
                    1v1 j10 is better, ergo engage when have the advantage only
                    but it is a TEAM game
                    cap the main airbase = no j10 :P

Comment

the j10 is balanced.

Comment

sigh... Everyone thinks the J-10 is all that and a bag of chips and it really isnt, If you want a demonstration of how to deal with J-10's I suggest you find me when I'm online and I'll show you, or you could ask metallica also, he'd more than likely be happy to show you also.

I've flown on dalian plant before swatting down decent pilots in J-10's. Let me make this very clear, it's a paper tiger... If you want to defeat yourself mentally before you've even engaged then so be it, but keep in mind, I didnt just start flying yesterday, and if I dont know something I'll happilly admit it as to correct it. I'm not speculating, I'm just stating what I have and continue to do, kill J-10's with the F-35. Let me be very clear, 2 noobs, 1 in a j-10 and one in an F-35... the j10 will win, You must know how to fly the jet you are flying in BF2 or you will not be using the jet to its fullest by a long shot. check my sig, my stats speak for themself...

Comment

Everytime I fly past a J10, its on me in 3 seconds. He gets a lock, I flare and run, missile never misses.

If Im chasing a J10, I get a solid lock, he doesnt even bother to flare, I shoot all missiles, they simply trail off.

Im not doubting it works, but having to lead a target with missiles is the silliest thing Ive ever heard.

Comment

the best way to take care of the j-10 is become SL fly in the F35 and bail out over hte airfield having your squad spawn in on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19
                              I never really played Wake until recently, and I have now witnessed the J-10 issue many times. Im just curious, Dice went through and nerfed everything in this game, then they created the J-10.

What the hell were they thinking?
                              Rather than thinking of the J10 as imbalanced; think of it as a handicap for the opposing jet. If you exclusively fly the F35 vs. J10 pilots you will develope skills and tactics to take them down even though they have a significant advantage. If the skill levels of the opposing players are equal, the player flying the J10 will win. Eventually, you will become skilled in taking them down. Recognize that you do this at a disadvantage and will inherently improve in the face of challenge (people that only fly the J10 improve extremely slowly and typically become dependent on it, stagnating themselves). Once you reach this level, flying vs. any other jet becomes trivial. Migs/SU/whatever require no effort to shoot down and you will be able to dominate basically any map other than USMC vs. PLA. Eventually, after practice you will become adept at using the fly-by cam/other views and will be able to tail J10s without their knowledge until they make a small mistake and you swoop in for the kill.

Typically J10 pilots are not challenged by opposing jets in a significant way because of their handicap. As such J10 pilots do not improve in the long run and become fodder for a skilled F35 pilot that has suffered to attain profficiency.

Once you reach higher skill levels you will realize that the J10 only has two selling points: turn rate and missile evasion capabilities. It's controls are sluggish and it's a poor performer at high altitude. Itss also a much poorer ground attack jet.

When in doubt, always take the path of pain. You will not improve if you take the easier route.

Rocker

Comment

Working...
                              X