Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to touchup in game objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a way to touchup in game objects?

yea but if you have the attention to detail like that, im sure some of the mod creaters out there would like to have someone with your skill on their side, the main thing i find with mods is the created objects don't have the detail as some of the stock goodies, mind you they look excellent but i always thought perhaps they could use more sharpness textures etc.

Comment

Here are a few more:

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        counter: why not?
        end all: because.

Originally posted by YoDiddy
        wont this count as modified content to PB?
        LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SHERLOCK IS BACK IN THE BUILDING!!!

Comment

beautiful, contact the guys at PRMM or POE, maybe they didn't put that much detail in because of game resources, only if you added data when you enhanced the textures though. imagine the entire game looking like that, can you say memory hog, i know the DC guys from 1942 were basically the ones that created BF2, but perhaps they had their reasons, i mean when the game came out it was pretty intensive to run

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS
            beautiful, contact the guys at PRMM or POE, maybe they didn't put that much detail in because of game resources, only if you added data when you enhanced the textures though. imagine the entire game looking like that, can you say memory hog, i know the DC guys from 1942 were basically the ones that created BF2, but perhaps they had their reasons, i mean when the game came out it was pretty intensive to run
            I understand what you are saying. I check the file size and on average it's 1-2K increase, not much at all if you ask me. But the real in game files I am not really sure about.

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
              The title of this thread lead me to believe it would be about something else.......
              Exactly. A roundabout question to ask "Is there a way I can make yellow skins?" lol

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
              Thanks for the compliments, for me I noticed that some of these photos where a bit blurry, lacked either the proper mid-tones, highlights, shadows, etc or all of them. So I did a little touching up here and there and you can see the end result.
              They're probably blurry because the graphics are compressed, so they lose some detail in the game, so that it runs smoother. I'm sure the original model skins would be highly-detailed.

As far as your edited images go, it just looked like you applied a Filter->Sharpen on the image, would get the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                Exactly. A roundabout question to ask "Is there a way I can make yellow skins?" lol
                If it's yellow on your monitor then maybe you need to adjust it instead of posting about it, :laugh:

They're probably blurry because the graphics are compressed, so they lose some detail in the game, so that it runs smoother. I'm sure the original model skins would be highly-detailed.

As far as your edited images go, it just looked like you applied a Filter->Sharpen on the image, would get the same effect.
                Oh so you can read the OP after all, Capt Obvious

I find that some of BF2's objects need a bit of touch up (ok I'm bored). A little bit of midtone, sharpening, darken highlights and lighten shadows goes a long way.
                :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                X