new x800 pro doesn't work with bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new x800 pro doesn't work with bf2

does your computer reconize the video card? If it does than the only way that i think would work is to clean your current video driver and download the newest one on the ATi.com site

Did you only install the driver that was on the disk which came with the card?

Comment

Personally for BF2 I would get a NVIDIA card first, since they are designed for BF2 any thing above the g force 6 classes will run just fine I am currently running a g force 6800 and does great job.

Comment

Having the Nvidia on the box does not mean that it is made for it. All it is is advertising.

Comment

I know BF2 is anal about EVERYTHING and refuses to run if the slightest thing is changed (i.e. refresh rate)...

Try deleting the video.con file in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\00x (replace x with whatever numbers, delete every single video.con file you find there). That should work.

Comment

So, your card is working to run your desktop? Does it have problems running any other games?

a x800gto in agp flavour requires a PSU that can put out 24amps stable of the 12v rail. Are you sure that your pc came with a PSU that puts out that much?

You haven't added loads of hardware that sucks extra power? multiple hard drives, disc drives, etc.

Deleting the BF2 shaders files is one simple check, then setting it back up if you can get ingame. How about removing the game, clearing the register and deleting all BF2 related folders and reinstalling the game over with the new gear?

Is the new card sitting right in the motherboard? It's highly unlikely that Dell would use crap cases but there are numbers of people buying cheap cases that find that their new card doesn't sit in the slot well or at all due to some distortion in the case.

As to connecting up your new graphics card to power, have you tried removing all the connectors from everything but motherboard, GPU, single master HDD, single DVD drive to use the bF2 disc? To see if theres too much of a drain from the other devices?

Can you get the PSU out enough to write down all the information on it to ost here so other computer savvy people can have a look into it.

Comment

"+12 - 22A
              +5 - 14 A
              100-120 V - 9.0 A
              200-240V - 4.5 A"
              yes the computer recognizes the card, and yes i had the most recent drivers, i have since returned the x800 and am just waiting for card +vista drivers (or even just new cards) but i want to get an Nvidia card now, anyone have a recomendation?
              edit- i have 2 hard drives, just got one recently, and two disc drives, but if nesessary i can disconnet one hard drive(have one 55 gig and one 250 gig) and one cd drive (D drive doesnt work very well anyway)

Comment

Are you gonna buy online like you should?

Comment

GUYS GUYS GUYS!! Simple return it and get damn 7800gs it has AGP!

Comment

Ya, if you acually read the thread, we have suggested it.

Comment

Working...
                    X