BF2 Sound Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Sound Quality

OK... I have a question to go with my poll. How many people out there use the "Ultra High" setting and what phrases do you get that are different from "High" if any?

Re: BF2 Sound Quality

LOW,

because my sound card is farked, and will crash my PC when I load in high. BF2 sound quality isnt really anything to brag about. BF2142 is definitely a huge leap forwards in that area.

One thing is for sure, weapons in both games sound like BB guns...

Comment

i heard u can hear more sounds at the same time and like there are alot more sounds like clothing rustling or something..i forget where i read that
      but high + hardware is good enuff for me

Comment

Gameplay > rustling of clothes.. Not that I can hear anything over the incessant in-game voiceovers.

Comment

You can hear bird singing. That was the ONLY reason I used HIGH. I really loved it when you reached the CON site in Oman and heard the birds sing. The sound was exactly the same I heard when I was a kid back in Ukraine, so that was the selling point :P

Comment

yeah with sound set at high, i just love finding somewhere where theres no action and just listening to the ambient noises...

my fav spot is right on the trainstation building in gulf of oman...theres this freaky...noise..idk what it is, but its one of my favorites

Comment

I have X-FI so I use ultra-high hardware or whatever.

HUGE HUGE HUGE difference from the stock medium - software settings.

I have full surround sound in my headphones, and I can hear where everything is within like a 200m radius.

Comment

I use high on Software mode...my RealTek HD Audio 883 soundcard dies when I use HardWare...it plays sounds from all over the map to me very loudly

Comment

I switch between low and high depending on mood.

Comment

i have it on medium, after being annoyed at hearing the same phrases over and over again. but for some reason i've never tried high or ultra.

looks like thats what i'll be doing today!

Comment

i would do ultra high but it wont let me

Comment

You can only select ultra high if you have a X-Fi....Eventhough i have 1 i only use high cos it gives better FPS

Comment

I recently upgraded from a SB GamerX Live! (played on high) to a X-Fi

Buy Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

the o'l card worked great give'n me good directional feedback, 'specially while fly'n. But the new X-Fi does even a better job, allthough my own footsteps sounds like somebody following me all the time. Oh and those %^&#@*& birds really scare the bejesus out of me now every stink'n time. :cry:

Comment

I use medium settings. I have a question does sound quality effect FPS?

Comment

Originally posted by oUtL@w
                              I use medium settings. I have a question does sound quality effect FPS?
                              With onboard sound of course it does, higher quality = draw more resources

Comment

Working...
                              X