Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ways you deal with lag in game

Originally posted by disfigured
    Download and learn how to use Qtracker. It's much easier with Qtracker to filter, ping and traceroute servers. Plus it makes it easier to track, and sort them. Finding a server that's very stable to you and keeping track of all the ones that you've visited is hard enough, never mind if you try to do it with X-Farter or the ingame browser.

Make a folder of "favorites", in Qtracker. Sometimes I'll see a server ping up with an incredibly low ping. I'll test it and reping it, and throw it in my favorites , even though I've never even played on it.

Remember Ping is King.
    The ingame system is bad, I have never been able to connect to a large server, I can only connect to small and medium sized servers. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

I tried Qtracker, it looks great but I am still unable to connect to a server through it. It just looks like it's loading for ages and then times out. Same as Gamespy, same as every other program I have used. What is wrong with bf2?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Also, if I'm already on a server and it cycles to a 64 player map, say Wake, it works fine. EA just won't allow me to connect to a large server in the first place. Ever. It just seems bizarre to me.

Comment

Re: Ways you deal with lag in game

i find my lag is server side. there are a few servers i go on that have almost no lag and there are a few that i like that alway have lag. then again i like to play on full 64 player games.

there's a big differance between a good 32 player sever and a good 64 player server. if you want less lag stay go on a good servers with under 40 people.

Comment

Working...
      X