Release v0.5 Helmand Province map images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release v0.5 Helmand Province map images

Here is a map that will be included in the next release of Project Reality.
    It is a relativley small map that pits the UK Forces against Insurgents and is set in a furtile southern reigon of Afghanistan. The main feature of the map is the destructible buildings masterfully created by [R-DEV]matt.b.

There are 2 modes to play. An AAS 2 game which sees the British team on a mission to clear out all the insurgent houses and regain control of the area.
    The second is a Pilot xtract mission that requires the British team to locate and resuce the pilot of a downed Merlin Helicopter and bring him back to saftey through hostile territory.

more v0.5 details
    Going to compile a change log sometime soon, but there are a *****load* of important game play changes to take note of… here’s a few that come to mind:

1. Officer Kits use the Support kit player model; this is so they can be identified distinctly
    2. Support Kits use the Assault player model but carry an SAW
    3. Medics no longer auto heal in vehicle operator or gunner positions, only in passenger positions
    4. No Rhino is gay!
    5. Helicopters are faster and attack helos are much more deadly
    6. Light AT doesn't work effectively against MBTs
    7. APCs as mobile spawn points, they now have 8 seats.
    8. You need to enter, get kits and get ammo at the doors of the APC
    9. New insurgent class structure for realism and balancing purposes. Insurgent Sniper is a pickup kit. Added RPG gunner with a pistol and 2xRPG7 rounds. Renamed "Mountaineer" to "Insurgent" and tweaked the kit a bit.. jack of all trades master of none. Cop carries flash bangs, no more tear gas. Some other tweaks to, but I think those are the highlights.
    10. Huge amounts of text chat spam have been removed from commo rose commands. NOTE this will require that players pay more attention to the minimap, particularly when localized languages are enabled.
    11. bolt action snipers and weapons above .50 caliber can penetrate materials marked as "penetrable" (like thin sheets of plywood and such)
    12. VIPs can join squads in xtract and have a map icon
    13. Spec Ops no longer has a parachute
    14. Low on ticket sound is now an air raid siren
    15. Smoke nades now behave much more like real smoke nades and take a few seconds to build up a good cloud of smoke
    16. Insurgents can no longer have a commander
    17. Support Vehicles (ammo supply and repair trucks) now have an ammo and a wrench on the model and can only be operated by Engineers and Crewman
    18. Map has 2 sets of grid squares: 4 large quadrants (NE, NW, SE, SW) and finer detail grid squares (A1, D7, etc). Map also have the 4 compass indicators (N,E,S,W).
    19. APCs carry a huge amount of trooper ammo
    20. Tracers reduced to 1 in 5 for most rifles, none for spec ops; tracer effects toned down significantly
    21. Insurgents have slightly lower marksmanship skills than conventional armies (except those classes that have had formal firearms training)
    22. AT4 is new US Light AT
    23. Static AA cannons (ZPU4 and M167) will never re-spawn and can NOT be destroyed, only wrecked. You will have to repair these assets to regain their use. If you capture a CP you will not get an AA weapon and cannot use the enemy AA cannons. They should probably be wrecked so if the enemy retakes the CP they have to repair them before they can use them.
    24. All static weapons and army vehicles are now team locked, so a USMC trooper cannot drive a Vodnik. Unarmed civilian vehicles are not team locked, but spawners and suicide bombers are team locked.
    25. Marksman and Snipers are available concurrently on the same map. Reduction in the # of sniper kits to accommodate.
    26. The RIB should be faster.
    27. One map "Helmand Province" has buildings on it where almost all of the buildings are destroyable.
    28. You are now revived at 13% health. Just enough time to duck for cover before the LSD kicks in.
    29. Insurgents can't set Rally Points
    30. Heavy AT weapons take about 30s to load a second round.
    31. Heavy AT has multiple levels of zoom.
    32. Medic healing radius reduced, need to be really close to heal
    33. Supply Crates carry much more ammo
    34. Attempted to dramatically reduce the amount of damage vehicles take form terrain
    35. APC cannons and .50 cal mounted weapons are now much more accurate
    36. Tanks should behave like Tanks in that they are very powerful and difficult to take out; need to be hit from the rear with heavy AT
    37. The A10 and Su25 cannon rounds are much more powerful; A10 cannon heats up very quickly; A10 and Su25 hit points beefed up, should be much more capable of sustaining battle damage and remaining effective. You know you only have a couple of strafing runs left when the engine is flaming a bit
    38. Helicopters need about a 30 second warm up period before they can be flown.
    39. Fixed all known causes of server crashes
    40. Removed the "SHOOT ME HERE" icons from the field dressings and ammo kits
    41. Need a Pilot Kit to operate Aircraft and a Crewman Kit to operate driver and gunner positions on APCs and Tanks; Insurgents need a Mechanic to operate their heavy assets
    42. Vehicles can suffer disabling damage such as getting tracked or damaging the turret **still a bit experimental
    43. Major improvements to causes of lag on Basrah, Hills of Hamgyong and Greasy Mullet
    44. Tanks need to be entered at the hatches on the top of the vehicle
    45. Dirt bikes are a bit less mental
    46. Complete volume overhaul for all sounds so stuff that should be loud will be loud; dozens (hundreds ?) of new sounds
    47. Added some requirements that there are a minimum number of players in a squad to be able to get a limited kit, varies by kit type
    48. Exiting moving vehicles will give you significant damage, less at lower speeds
    49. TK'ing for kits will be bad for your health
    50. New HUD layout for limited kits using a pop-up menu from the center of the ‘T’ commo-rose
    51. Officer Kits are available to squad leaders. They have signal smokes, binoculars and the ability to place rally points, which act as spawn points.
    52. Rally points can be placed outside of CP areas by Squad Leaders using the Officer kit and act as a squad spawn point.

Heh uh…that’s about 60% of the change log lol... which is about 30% of the comments into our code repository. There are a lot of changes in this release. Will post more detailed info once we are on the last test build (soon).

Re: Release v0.5 Helmand Province map images

The main feature of the map is the destructible buildings masterfully created by [R-DEV]matt.b.
    Quoted for excitement .

Comment

Yes, can't wait

Comment

looks ace, I wonder if you could tell me though, on your website it says the british have arrived with patch 0.4 but I cant find them anywhere!! I dont believe I have played all the maps however, so is it simply a case of me missing a british conflict map?

Comment

This mod continues to head in the right direction.

Hats of to you all.....

Comment

\0/
            And Al Basrah is fixed for 0.5 too

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
              looks ace, I wonder if you could tell me though, on your website it says the british have arrived with patch 0.4 but I cant find them anywhere!! I dont believe I have played all the maps however, so is it simply a case of me missing a british conflict map?
              ye there aint many maps at the mo with the brits on them.

afew that do.
              Operation Ghost train
              Hills of Hamyoung
              Street
              Raid on Moskie
              Gulf of Aucba
              and afew others.

Comment

THIS IS SO SICKchya

Comment

Project Reality IS teh shiat!!

Comment

Here's a youtube vid showing an example of a building being destroyed:

Props goes to AtlantaFalcons for putting up the vid and posting it on the main PR forums.

Here's the thread I got it from:

Comment

Wow. Can't wait for this, I'm downloading the .4 torrent as we, erm, type, but will there be an incremental patch, or another full update?

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                        Wow. Can't wait for this, I'm downloading the .4 torrent as we, erm, type, but will there be an incremental patch, or another full update?
                        with the amount of new features I dont see how we can make a incremental patch that would be really worth the few mbs it would save hehe.

Comment

Just some little scenes from the test version.Battlefield 2 - Project Reality Mod 0.5pre

Official 0.5 trailer from the team.

Again, destruction of buildings in it, much much higher resolution in this video

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCfJ8HfZ_o

Official 0.5 trailer from the team.

Again, destruction of buildings in it, much much higher resolution in this video
                            hardly official.... if it was "official" then we would post it on the main page of TBF2.

Comment

well, "authorised leak" then, that's as good as got the official stamp of approval on it

Comment

Working...
                              X