This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House Rule - No Commanding

Not that I give a crap, but it would be nice to end some of the whining of Point conscious people by having an ROE that makes some sense.

The fact that a "no-commander" administered rule is against the BFROE is proof that the document it a complete and utter joke and always has been.

In comparison to all the ridiculous UCB rules, this one isn't allowed?

So it's ok for every other server to have variation upon variation of a UCB rule. A rule that is constantly being bickered about and can be very vague at times. Yet an easily enforceable rule like "NO COMMANDING" isn't allowed? One that would have the exact same effect on each side, with little to no arguments about it's enforcement. Your commanding, you get booted. Sounds easy enough to me.

The BFROE is present to produce some sort of standard so statistics mean something. If anything the BFROE should state that both sides require a commander or there should be no commanding at all.

In small games it nice to have no commander. When trying to "seed" a server with 10 people or less it's a better way to play. 4-5 people on each side means one arty strike could take out 100% of your team. After every scan a commander could easily manually spot those players. Hell, you could use the zoom and keep track of 4-8 people nearly constantly. Who wants to have a team of 5 people then have it reduced to 4 because they have to match the other team and have commander.

It might make for a nice server side option. Remember no vehicles used to be a big No-No according to the BFROE and they folded faster then SuperMan on laundry day and made it a game mode.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
      Not that I give a crap, but it would be nice to end some of the whining of Point conscious people by having an ROE that makes some sense.

The fact that a "no-commander" administered rule is against the BFROE is proof that the document it a complete and utter joke and always has been.

In comparison to all the ridiculous UCB rules, this one isn't allowed?

So it's ok for every other server to have variation upon variation of a UCB rule. A rule that is constantly being bickered about and can be very vague at times. Yet an easily enforceable rule like "NO COMMANDING" isn't allowed? One that would have the exact same effect on each side, with little to no arguments about it's enforcement. Your commanding, you get booted. Sounds easy enough to me.

The BFROE is present to produce some sort of standard so statistics mean something. If anything the BFROE should state that both sides require a commander or there should be no commanding at all.

In small games it nice to have no commander. When trying to "seed" a server with 10 people or less it's a better way to play. 4-5 people on each side means one arty strike could take out 100% of your team. After every scan a commander could easily manually spot those players. Hell, you could use the zoom and keep track of 4-8 people nearly constantly. Who wants to have a team of 5 people then have it reduced to 4 because they have to match the other team and have commander.

It might make for a nice server side option. Remember no vehicles used to be a big No-No according to the BFROE and they folded faster then SuperMan on laundry day and made it a game mode.
      well said.

it is funny how people used to have no vehicles karkand and that ROE said it wasnt allowed, (nothing ever got done about those servers because ea dont care about some guys making up rules for everyone to follow) then ea give the players infantry only. roe then changes it rules.

imo everything goes in this game. although ROE will grass you up if you medic statpad and the server admin will ban you for tking, or for other things if its a stupidly adminned clanserver.

Comment

:locked:

Comment

Yes I totally agree.

I love stealth in city maps and removing commander would help out a lot. Snipers would be practically invisible and you'll never know whats coming for you from behind

Comment

BFROE , whan BFROE, its against BFROE...

First off no vehicles was against BFROE at one time; therefore, isn't possible to change the ROE again. Please do not dismiss this guys idea based on BFROE alone.

IMHO, I think it should be left to unranked servers. The commander plays an important role in the battlefield, and tools such as arty and UAV do exists, why not use them.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
              IMHO, I think it should be left to unranked servers. The commander plays an important role in the battlefield, and tools such as arty and UAV do exists, why not use them.
              because they are extremely gay ?

being able to scan a whole map and find everyone on it, every 30 seconds and able to drop arty whereever u want every 60seconds (might be less nevr timed it), ruins the fighting aspect of the game.

a squad leader calling in arty on a flag before he attacks is a good use of it, but commanders just drop arty anywhere even if people arent going in for an attack. so lots of pointless deaths for no reason.

uav is ok, its so small it doesnt matter.

scanning is just unfair and a cheat.
              so is right clicking and spotting all over the map without zooming in. im able to click and say spotted and it finds people nearby?? that is clearly wrong.....

Comment

Personally, I think its a great gameplay addition.

Scanning is extremely unrealistic.

UAV seeing through buildings, etc... unrealistic....

Artillery that reloads quickly, fine ok, but to be able to repair damaged arty in 1 minute, unrealistic....

Overall this new rule makes sense to me from a realism perspective.

Against ROE, please so many gosh darn stupid ideas that keep the quake kiddies happy in this game it isnt funny.... Medic flop on someone and res them, spawn out of your squad leaders hind end over and over.... Most of the comm assets listed above.... Changes like no commanders should have been made by EA from the beginning to add new and interesting gameplay features to their game while they provided more expansions for us to buy, not that BF2 supermod called BF 2142. They gave up too early on this game for the profit motive.....

[edited the text about p/k servers, we dont condone it at TBF2,]

Comment

Working...
                X