Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killing infantry in a helicopter = Skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing infantry in a helicopter = Skill?

Quick question to you guys: Does killing infantry in a helicopter count as being skilled? Because earlier today, I was kicking this clans *** (Only boasting because they are assholes, but whatever), and this guy kept killing me with a heli. Granted, he was good, but he wouldnt be quiet about how good he was and stuff. As I have mentioned in another thread, I hardly ever chat in the game, but this time I said "Oh, you can get kills in a heli, you own!". Our team lost (god knows why, half our team had twice the score of theirs).

So yeah, summery: Guy says killing INFANTRY with a helicopter is skillful.

Re: Killing infantry in a helicopter = Skill?

does hitting the jump key make you skilled? does repaeatly spamming nades make you skilled? everything in this game however small requires some amount of skill. TBH i dont see the point in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
      does hitting the jump key make you skilled? does repaeatly spamming nades make you skilled? everything in this game however small requires some amount of skill. TBH i dont see the point in this thread
      Hitting the jump key? DO you mean bunnyhopping? Bunnyhopping is retarded and I almost always kill the jumpy little bastard. Spamming nades? not really, but then again, I dont play Road to Grenedabad. The point of this thread is a simple question: Does it take skill to kill infantry in a helicopter? Whereas it takes skill to take out a tank as anti-tank, or take out a sniper as assault, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
        Quick question to you guys: Does killing infantry in a helicopter count as being skilled? Because earlier today, I was kicking this clans *** (Only boasting because they are assholes, but whatever), and this guy kept killing me with a heli. Granted, he was good, but he wouldnt be quiet about how good he was and stuff. As I have mentioned in another thread, I hardly ever chat in the game, but this time I said "Oh, you can get kills in a heli, you own!". Our team lost (god knows why, half our team had twice the score of theirs).

No. Killing a chopper with infantry is skill. Airplanes and choppers in BF2 are the noobest items you can play in the game, hands down.

Comment

if you mean spraying all 8 missiles at someone on the ground and getting a kill, not a great amount of skill. thats what i do but i dont go around playing it off like i am "teh 1337".

by the way, Jay, everytime i see one of your posts i always have to watch your avatar thing. sooooooooo funny

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
            if you mean spraying all 8 missiles at someone on the ground and getting a kill, not a great amount of skill. thats what i do but i dont go around playing it off like i am "teh 1337".
            Yeah, it was only one guy, but he wouldnt shut up about how good he is and how much I suck because I couldnt take out his Cobra with my M16.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
              Yeah, it was only one guy, but he wouldnt shut up about how good he is and how much I suck because I couldnt take out his Cobra with my M16.
              lol, i know the kind of person you're talking about. you should have whipped out an m95 and said something that would make him respond...giving you a clear shot

Comment

lol, i know the kind of person you're talking about. you should have whipped out an m95 and said something that would make him respond...giving you a clear shot
                It will be my next unlock. That and the G36C. Only 1800 points to go

Comment

Killing infantry from the confines of a jet or chopper is easy. No reason to brag about it...

Comment

by the way, Jay, everytime i see one of your posts i always have to watch your avatar thing. sooooooooo funny
                    Lol, i just love that film sooo much

To Raid: Yea i see your point. TBH he was just being an ***, infantry vs chopper is no competetition unless you make a lucky or skilled shot with the M95 or SRAW.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                      No. Killing a chopper with infantry is skill. Airplanes and choppers in BF2 are the noobest items you can play in the game, hands down.
                      Correction, they are the hardest items to use properly in game, whereas it requires no skill to pull out the shock paddles and get 2 points for "reviving" a teammate, nor to spam ammo bags and grenades all over Karkand.

This really sounds like me ... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                        Correction, they are the hardest items to use properly in game, whereas it requires no skill to pull out the shock paddles and get 2 points for "reviving" a teammate, nor to spam ammo bags and grenades all over Karkand.
                        correction. hardest items to LEARN how to use. once you can use them they are simple. and besides, i believe his point is that its noob-like because anyone not in an aircraft has no chance against someone who is.

Comment

i'd say its skill if he can kill you accuretely with say one or two missiles and then go and kill another several people without having to even reload the launcher, but using 8 round to take out a person is a bit, mmmm, well its not skillful, but i do love the cinematics of it !! it brings out the 8 year old in me, probably why i really miss the mobile artillary from 1942 (katyusha ftw!)

Comment

i can take oput a single infantry target from about 75m with one or maybe two rockets......i think its pretty skilly....

blasting a guy with the chaingun from 10 m is nothing....it means you know how to click

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                              i can take oput a single infantry target from about 75m with one or maybe two rockets......i think its pretty skilly....

blasting a guy with the chaingun from 10 m is nothing....it means you know how to click
                              No trust me, this guy was a bad flyer, because all he did was hover and fire all the rockets at me. Half of them missed infact.

Comment

Working...
                              X