Road To Jellybeans: Now that it has simmered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Road To Jellybeans: Now that it has simmered

I gave it 5/10, not really been everywhere on it yet, as I only play it when a server rotates to that map.

It's not a bad map imo, good fun for a bit of a relaxing snipe and lovely for some AT action, but a map is a map to me, I like them all

Scort.

Comment

I also gave it 5. Its not outstanding and its not poor. Would be better IMHO if no team had an uncapped like Mashtuur.

Comment

All you I/O whores are judging the map based on I/0 gameplay, of course it sucks - it turns into awp_jalalabad (CS reference) every I/O round.

As far as the original gameplay goes, it's a good map. It's one of my favorite maps, because there is lots of action.

I/O is boring as hell on this map though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
          You just can't admit that you suck with a sniper rifle, so you make fun of it.

You're no better than the public server players you mock.
          LOL....even louder, and this time directly at you.

Comment

Its much better IO than with armour as the MEC have no chance with armour. With IO and a good squad and caoomander you can have one hell of a firefight regardless of which side your playing.
            If MEC capture the lake and the US just goes sniper than prepare to lose. US gets the lake and it all kicks off. I play it most of the time. 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by dfour
              Its much better IO than with armour as the MEC have no chance with armour. With IO and a good squad and caoomander you can have one hell of a firefight regardless of which side your playing.
              If MEC capture the lake and the US just goes sniper than prepare to lose. US gets the lake and it all kicks off. I play it most of the time. 9/10
              I disagree. With the multitude of hours I've played Jalalabad and my comment can also be applied to every other BF2 map -

what wins the round is the team's intent to win. I've played both sides on Jalalabad and have won or lost due to our team's efforts. If the map is unbalanced in favor of one side or another, I personally deal with it and overcome it to win the round. If this extends to the rest of my team, and we work together, there is no stopping us.

Players have to change their attitudes from "this is not fair" to "what can I do to win". It makes the victory all that much sweeter when you win against overwhelming odds.

I can get frustrated playing on a loser team at times, but I usually join the losing team on purpose because I like the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
                I like it...would be good with choppers.
                7-10

Not only would this kick butt, I do not even think there should be aa emplacements if they did have choppers...hehehehe jk.

But seriously, having a Cobra on this map would be kind of hard, nothing to really screen yourself behind...

Comment

I do agree it does depend on the memtality and skill of the teams and the usefullness of the commander. I sometimes join the losing team and try to organise them into trying to win. SOmetimes It works and sometimes it deosnt.

Comment

I give it an 8 but too many whores, n00bs and just plain old idiots

Comment

a pretty nice map for Sniping, plenty of hiding places aswell but i prefer to use my G36E to snipe with on that map so when people are screaming for a medic you wont catch me skydiving down to help them to have to die climbing up a ladder again

Comment

i kindof like it. the beginning is the best wen ur usmc, and everyone is loading into the tanks and humvees and when ur alssualting the first mec base down the road and ur inf, u get pinned down alot and thats pretty fun

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                          a pretty nice map for Sniping, plenty of hiding places aswell but i prefer to use my G36E to snipe with on that map so when people are screaming for a medic you wont catch me skydiving down to help them to have to die climbing up a ladder again
                          Yeah I do agree, it is a great map for sniping, first thing after I got the L96A1 was I went to Jalalalalalabad

Comment

Working...
                          X