Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anit tank mines- on troops only.

Originally posted by megawhompertoo

except for those of us who bought $300 graphics card to make BF2 not look like powerpoint.
    :laugh: very true

Comment

Man claymores are enough

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
        He is refering to the fact that at the moment Infantry Only maps have AT Mines for the engineer kit. A thing that is totaly useless for the team and the engineer because there are no vehicles to use them on.
        Anti Tank kit should be not allowed on these maps either.
        First of all, I have gotten in the top 3 on IO servers quite often with the engineer, or AT kits. I use the MP7 when I am engy, and I use the DAO-12 when I am AT. Most people are to stupid to realize that you are going to win the fight if they prone right in front of you. It is the only time I will jump, is if I see a support guy prone 10 feet in front of me, I charge him, jump over him, and shoot him int he back of the head. He cannot turn fast enough to engage me, so I win all the time.

Secondly, I will still put my AT mines out, I have literally seen whole squads run away in fear when they see them in the street, thinking they are claymores.....and you have many of them, so if there are a lot of stupid people on the server, you can block off whole avenues of attack

Comment

haha, that's awesome brianthebold

Yes, I'm a big support guy and have come up against several highly skilled Engineers who can get 1 shot kills on anyone with the shotty. In cqc maps (aka Karkand) an Engineer or AT can perform quite well, if you know how to use the kit

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
            umm, yeah. shotguns are pretty useless in IO.
            i strongly disagree. but i'll prove my point when I see you on a server

though, i try to avoid IO mode.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
              i strongly disagree. but i'll prove my point when I see you on a server

though, i try to avoid IO mode.
              'k. i'll even help you get close enough to demonstrate your point: let's try that across from the fence, beside Claymore Forest, just north of Grenade Falls and east of Memorial Parade Grounds where the 10 marching brigades of medic hookers and the 4 squads of support guys spamming grenade packs are passing in review.

shotty's are VERY useful when armor is making folks sneak through the cover, where ambushes can be fun. you can knock out an entire squad, if you're creative with the grenade or SRAW/ERYX before you pull out the DA0/Jackhammer.

Comment

Originally posted by barracudaj
                Are you referring to the fact that players can still lay down AT mines, even when the server is set to Infantry Only?

Thats right. THe shot gun however rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
                  Secondly, I will still put my AT mines out, I have literally seen whole squads run away in fear when they see them in the street, thinking they are claymores.....and you have many of them, so if there are a lot of stupid people on the server, you can block off whole avenues of attack
                  First paragraph is very good info. however placing AT mines in an IO server? does this not lower your accuracy as its impossible to kill anything with them?

Comment

My cph is almost 4 (3.99994 or something lol)... What the hell does that mean.. that I have fun in BF2 more than the guy that had 0.10 cph?

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                      First paragraph is very good info. however placing AT mines in an IO server? does this not lower your accuracy as its impossible to kill anything with them?

I honestly do not care what my AT mine accuracy is I do not even know if it counts....I mean, it cannot say oh he put 5 mines out, and none killed anyone, so his overall accy is going down! Or does it? I really do not mind if it does, seeing people see them, and turn tail and run is enough to make me want to keep doing it!

*EDIT* Just looked it up, does not look like they keep track of AT mine accuracy, so it looks like I am "safe" lol

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
                        correct move from DICEs behalf is to make AT mines damage players when dropped from a rooftop, complete with a loud "clunk"-sound on a headshot
                        I'd go for that. Or just takeing them out of IO severs.

And for the peeps that haven't caught on, I'm talking about IO severs. All's you can do with them is drop them and hope someone stops and looks at an AT mine on a IO sever and get the drop on him or her.

Comment

What a minute wtf thats f'd up

Comment

Working...
                          X