Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon almost everyone will be Lieutenant General or General, what then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soon almost everyone will be Lieutenant General or General, what then?

I strongly doubt that most people will reach the high ranks.

I think more people would leave the game and only have a few servers up before most people get to a high rank.

Comment

bryguy27007

i agree

first we will play BF3 than everyone will have most high rank

Comment

EA should of never noobed the awards requirements. They should of left the old time and IAR requirements to get the awards.

want expert AA? easy, sit in a stinger and command. how udderly sad.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I just play to play, and been playing since release

Originally posted by signa
          EA should of never noobed the awards requirements. They should of left the old time and IAR requirements to get the awards.

want expert AA? easy, sit in a stinger and command. how udderly sad.
          I got mine at Daqin as USMC in the mobile AA no commander.

Comment

I just play to play as well, and only cared about rank just enough to get all my unlocks. Other than that I don't give a crap about what rank I am.

Comment

I suck at BF2...so, I just play cause I enjoy it anyway!

Comment

Game companies are counting on the rank and point system to provoke this exact response.

One used to play multi-player games till something better came along (graphically or gameplay wise , or both).

I'm sure they hated that when their new release wasn't as good as what people were playing. Seen it happen.

Think about it. How many people would have jumped ship for 2142 for gameplay and graphics alone? Some, but the number is larger because of a new set of rank, unlocks, and points to achieve.

Me?

I play, to play the game. If it's good, I play it till something better comes along. I've only gone for one badge, and that was Basic Pistol. After that I just found it irritating trying to achieve a random goal set by some marketing person. 10 Kills IAR with shock paddles or some other such foolish thing. I don't play off line games because I don't like jumping through hoops for programmers (ie. repetitive AI, "BOSS" characters). I don't see why I should do it online.

I hook up with some regulars I play with and we continue to develop some excellent squad tactics. We talk and laugh, bust each other nuggets, and have lots of fun.

That's the advantage of a multi-player game. An ever changing, never repeating (exactly) field of play. It's also a death sentence for game developers if they can't out do their last release. The point system is just hedging their bet against that, by knowing there's a certain segment that will move on to what could be an inferior product just for the "added incentives".

Comment

I guess I am about half and half. I play because I love the game, but then I find myself choosing kits, because I am trying to build stats or badges. Playing skills are way more important than stats, but then I really do watch and keep track of them.

The other thing, dont let a high rank fool you. That General may not be all that good, he just plays alot, and has been for a long time. At the same time, a private 'could' be a new player, or, he may also be an experienced player with a new account. I know some really good players that rarely play in public servers, so their ranks are very low, but then they can make me feel like its my first day playing. There is something to be said about scoring a kill on a high ranked player though. In my stats, my favorite victim is a colonel, if he were a private, it wouldnt be as sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X