Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon almost everyone will be Lieutenant General or General, what then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon almost everyone will be Lieutenant General or General, what then?

what do u think? will they stop playing? couse there will be nothing to earn
    or
    it will be good situation couse there will not be the advantage what is now, when i see a player who is Lieutenant General or oterh hight rank i feel automatic weak against him, sometimes i cant kill him with dao-12 couse i shoot too slow, but against other low players i shoot very fast.
    it can be similar situation to not ranked servers. or a mod

what do u think about this?

i will probably play less than now, couse now i have motivation to earn everything,
    im not a crazy player, i prefer to do other things than playing, so without stats i would play less

Re: Soon almost everyone will be Lieutenant General or General, what then?

I don't really see the point you're making... bf2 will die one day? that's true of any video game, although sometimes I still like to play duke nukem 3d on my old pc with windows 98

Comment

Wouldnt worry about it...you've got a bit to go

Stats are definitely an incentive but i will still play...to be honest i would probably start a new account from the beginning.

Im going for specific badges at the mo, got 9 expert so far, will have 11 later today. I never used to aim for badges before they just came but as i have gone along i've started to make more of a point of achieving them and not just points.

As for feeling weak against Generals, rank is an indicator of playing prowess but not strictly the rule, i've met some amazing players who were generals and i've met some proper sh*t ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad
        I don't really see the point you're making... bf2 will die one day? that's true of any video game, although sometimes I still like to play duke nukem 3d on my old pc with windows 98
        Are there still MP servers available for DN 3d?? That was a kick-azz game!!!

For a while there were rumours about a new Duke game coming out, but haven't heard anything recently....

Comment

There have been rumors of a new Duke Nuke'm for almost 10 years now. I think we should face it, it ain't never gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ondskapen
            or
            it will be good situation couse there will not be the advantage what is now, when i see a player who is Lieutenant General or oterh hight rank i feel automatic weak against him, sometimes i cant kill him with dao-12 couse i shoot too slow, but against other low players i shoot very fast.
            it can be similar situation to not ranked servers. or a mod

what do u think about this?

i will probably play less than now, couse now i have motivation to earn everything,
            im not a crazy player, i prefer to do other things than playing, so without stats i would play less
            LOL i dont play 4 stats i play cas its awsome, if bf2 sucked but had extensive stats that take years would your play it?

Comment

LOL i dont play 4 stats i play cas its awsome, if bf2 sucked but had extensive stats that take years would your play it?
              i dont think so, sometimes i have enought this game, 53000 points.
              and even motivation of erning doesnt help.
              i didnt write that i play 4 stats, i just tell that earning medals etc is making me motivated to play. i also play mods, and sometimes old bfand there is no stats, so..

Comment

not me as many accounts as i got

Comment

Kind of always something to do for some stupid badge.
                  Right now Im just only playing non-infantry maps as AT, mostly in a Tank or Heli.
                  So basically I need AT/Tank/Heli hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                    Kind of always something to do for some stupid badge.
                    Right now Im just only playing non-infantry maps as AT, mostly in a Tank or Heli.
                    So basically I need AT/Tank/Heli hours.
                    Exactly same as me

But add plane aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by ondskapen
                      I'll play BF2 or not play BF2 based on how much teamwork and fun is happening. Though I am attaining rank out of default points while playing, it is of little concern. Rank and stats is never a true measure of skill, and in a team-based game, does not account for the sacrifice an individual player makes (in KDR) in order to help his team win the round.

Originally posted by TheToeCutter
                      Are there still MP servers available for DN 3d?? That was a kick-azz game!!!
                      Though it was somewhat unstable to play MP with Duke3D, it was super-fun and never failed to make all of us laugh our asses off! Sigh... those were the days

Originally posted by TheToeCutter
                      For a while there were rumours about a new Duke game coming out, but haven't heard anything recently....
                      Not going to happen. It's been 10 years, I've moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by BulletToothTony
                        There have been rumors of a new Duke Nuke'm for almost 10 years now. I think we should face it, it ain't never gonna happen.
                        :cry:

Comment

This is the only rumours I've heard about Duke.

As for BF2 so what we'll just have high rnaking players prancing around instead of low ranked players, no real difference the game will die out on the same time scale as it would without the stats system.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DRealms
                            The release date of this game is "When it's done"
                            The most disgusting, unprofessional statement ever coined by a game developer, and epitomizes the concept of Vapourware. By being non-commital, 3DRealms could string fans along as long as they were stupid enough to believe D3D4Ever was ever going to come out.

I pre-ordered this in 1998. I'm still waiting for delivery.

Comment

I dont play it enough, ive been corp for what feels like ages (got the game back in may-june 06) its still fun and i play only everyonce in awhile rank dosent really matter since i only use 2 of the 4 unlocks i have

Comment

Working...
                              X