BF2 Arrived Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Arrived Today

I waited 18 months for this game to be iorned out and bug free before purchasing. My copy arrived this morning, I install the game, download the the other half of it called '4.1', click the icon and I get, 'Please insert the CD'.

Ok, I eventually get that working, get into the game, select my spec ops kit and surprise, it decides that Id be better off as assault instead. Five more minutes pass, and the game decides its had enough for one day, and crashes to desktop.

Now, what kind of show are these EA clowns running?

Oh oh it gets better. Even though Ive patched the game, I get the update letter when logging in, clicking the link, Im taken to the download page for BF3, oh wait, no Im not, it shoves BF2142 in my face.

Re: BF2 Arrived Today

Umm, well if you look at the previous topic before, you would of found out that this game is ****, and so is EA's work on them.
    I havn't said this in a while so here it goes.
    Welcome to BF2.

Comment

Haha, unlucky brother. None of this stuff has ever happans to me, despite running a system that spontaneously resets itself and has a tendency to go insane at the most annoying moments. Plays BF2 like a dream though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19
        I waited 18 months for this game to be iorned out and bug free before purchasing.

That was your first mistake the games still riddled with bugs & game imbalances that will never be fixed.

Comment

Well there are a few options to take in this situation. You could go back in time and buy the game in patch 1.03 or so when there were far less bugs, you could check out your system specs to make sure your computer can handle it, you could repatch the game with 1.41 or you could bye BF2142, which has "fun" glitchs instead of bad.

Comment

Complete uninstall, reinstall, patch up, install Project Reality Mod v0.4. Hook up mic, enable VOIP. Register at realitymod.com, get practicing, get online, get playing. Twice the game vBF2 is.

Comment

De-install re-install BF2 then the 1.41 patch, change your video settings to low as it sounds as though your PC can't handle it at high, assuming it is set at high.

The advert for the 1.41 patch is always there, get used to it, we have.

Ok, I eventually get that working, get into the game, select my spec ops kit and surprise, it decides that Id be better off as assault instead. Five more minutes pass, and the game decides its had enough for one day, and crashes to desktop.
              How you selecting the kits as i've never heard of this

Comment

^.^
                It sounds like he thinks he has a touch screen.

Comment

"I waited 18 months for this game to be iorned out and bug free before purchasing.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just can't stop laugh. My guess is that this wondeful game never ever will be bugfree

Comment

Welcome to Hel.......BF2, keep yours legs, arms and verbal abuse inside the cart at all times.

Comment

When a legal, commercial copy of a game doesn't work on a pc, my instinct tells me your hardware/OS isn't up to scratch, especially if you're the only one with those problems ... what are your specs, what version of windows do you use etc? Have you uninstalled/reinstalled everything, without antivirus or other software running? there are lots of parameters that affect how games work you have to eliminate all of these however unlikely it is they messed up your bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
                        Complete uninstall, reinstall, patch up, install Project Reality Mod v0.4. Hook up mic, enable VOIP. Register at realitymod.com, get practicing, get online, get playing. Twice the game vBF2 is.
                        ^^what he said. MODs > vBF2. The ONLY reason why regular BF2 is more popular than MODs is the stupid rank system/unlocks.

Comment

send it back

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
                            ^^what he said. MODs > vBF2. The ONLY reason why regular BF2 is more popular than MODs is the stupid rank system/unlocks.

I noted a strange thread currently on the rounds by some guy called Assh0le or something like that ranting about secret badges you get for swimming round carriers or islands. That's hilarious, I'd love the shake that man by the hand (whoever is winding up the stats monkeys that is)

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
                              ^^^ what he said, exactly why BF2 fails

because people care about ranking so much

Comment

Working...
                              X