Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother has 512mb of ram will help add 1gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My brother has 512mb of ram will help add 1gig?

Oh god Punkboys back I hate that guy...

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01

Lmao...you need to chill man...

btw guys my brother just got 1gig of ram he ran bf2 nice smooth on meds 2 low is texture and effect...he ran nice but just 1 min lag in beginning.

Thanks for your all help guys he very happy with it :P

Comment

Even though it says 512mb on the box that BS. You need 2 gig which will be good and no lag.

Comment

Sorry but i thought it would be best to ask here instead of starting a new thread, i've got a PNY Geforce 7900GT, AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 512mb DDR PC3200 (Its being upped to at least 1Gb, this is the nature of the post), would i be better off getting 2Gb, i don't mind waiting a little longer at the beginning of the map if i'm going to save myself some money, when i can get the extra Gb later on...So...1Gb or 2?...
          Are the benifits good enough to be worth my money?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinarmy
            Sorry but i thought it would be best to ask here instead of starting a new thread, i've got a PNY Geforce 7900GT, AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 512mb DDR PC3200 (Its being upped to at least 1Gb, this is the nature of the post), would i be better off getting 2Gb, i don't mind waiting a little longer at the beginning of the map if i'm going to save myself some money, when i can get the extra Gb later on...So...1Gb or 2?...
            Are the benifits good enough to be worth my money?

Thanks
            From what I understand, it will help alot with loads, and will eliminate beginning-round and between-round stuttering when paired with a gpu like the one you've got. Having said that, i would not spend $200 on two gigs of ddr unless you aren't planning on upgrading again for another year (or so). PC3200 is still pretty fast, but its getting obsolete even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
              From what I understand, it will help alot with loads, and will eliminate beginning-round and between-round stuttering when paired with a gpu like the one you've got. Having said that, i would not spend $200 on two gigs of ddr unless you aren't planning on upgrading again for another year (or so). PC3200 is still pretty fast, but its getting obsolete even faster.
              Lol, It's getting more and more difficult keeping up these days. I may use 1.5Gb...

But yea i don't really intend on upgrading the RAM for a little while, Students don't have enough money to be constantly upgrading things

Comment

Originally posted by punkboy459
                My brother run bf2 barely pretty good 6200 turbo cache he want get other gig total 1gig ram will it help alot?

Geforce 6200 256mb
                Amd 64 2400+ not sure the processor...
                512mb of ram PC200 or 300...
                Holy **** how old is your computer PC 200 lmao just buy more RAM PC 200 or 300 right now is like worth nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                  my thoughts exactly, all he does is lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinarmy
                    Lol, It's getting more and more difficult keeping up these days. I may use 1.5Gb...

But yea i don't really intend on upgrading the RAM for a little while, Students don't have enough money to be constantly upgrading things
                    1.5gb isn't a bad compromise. bf2 uses (i think) around 768mb, then you add another 200-400 megs of windows and av/as/fw processes, and 1.5gb leaves you with a little bit of headroom without making the o/s decide what stuff to cache off the mem (fast) and onto to the hd paging file....sl....ow......

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario
                      Holy **** how old is your computer PC 200 lmao just buy more RAM PC 200 or 300 right now is like worth nothing..
                      I'm pretty sure he meant PC2100 or PC3200 (since there is no such thing as "PC200" or "PC300"). The fastest non-DDR SDRAM that I've seen was rated "PC166" and that couldn't manage CAS2 timings.

Comment

RAM doesnt necessarily improve your graphics ust puts less stress on your computer allowing it to run smoother aka getting better FPS and no more lag

Comment

ha ur joking rite

Comment

Working...
                          X