Switching to the other team by the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to the other team by the server

I was playing Warlord last night and I was second in the ranking on the Insurgent team, I die and moved to the other team SAS. WTF, not only was I dropped to 4th or 5th in the ranking it really pissed me off. Why didnt someone with a lower score get switched to the other team, wouldn't that make sence. Is it really the server switching you or does the admin choose which person gets switched?

Re: Switching to the other team by the server

Originally posted by emtff77
    I was playing Warlord last night and I was second in the ranking on the Insurgent team, I die and moved to the other team SAS. WTF, not only was I dropped to 4th or 5th in the ranking it really pissed me off. Why didnt someone with a lower score get switched to the other team, wouldn't that make sence. Is it really the server switching you or does the admin choose which person gets switched?
    Both.

Admins can switch people manually, which is most likely what happened...

Or autobalance will switch you..

But autobalance most of the time works for the people who first come into the game.

To not get switched by autobalance make sure you are the squad leader or at least in a squad and it won't happen.

Comment

i have found that if you die with uneven teams and auto balance on that you will get switched in the 15 seconds you're waiting to respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer14
        i have found that if you die with uneven teams and auto balance on that you will get switched in the 15 seconds you're waiting to respawn.
        Unless, like it has already been mentioned, you are in a squad

LG SB

peace

Comment

Yes I was in a squad. Two new people just joined the game and I get switched to the other team. Now the team I get switched to has one more member then the team I just left.

Comment

Originally posted by emtff77
            Yes I was in a squad. Two new people just joined the game and I get switched to the other team. Now the team I get switched to has one more member then the team I just left.
            I have never seen a server w/ 100% squad participation, ppl not in squads always get moved first

What happened was you were kicked from your squad w/ out realizing it, leaving you vulnerable to be switched

If you are SL, you don't have to worry about that

"Trust me"

LG SB

peace

Comment

You probably got moved to the other side by the Admin, to even up the teams.

Comment

It could be an admin that wanted you on his side (or not on his side).

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                  What happened was you were kicked from your squad w/ out realizing it, leaving you vulnerable to be switched...
                  ^^ thats what most likely happened.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                    Unless, like it has already been mentioned, you are in a squad

LG SB

peace
                    i thought that autobalance only doesnt switch you if you were squad leader or commander, but i agree, admins usually kick/swap lone wolfs first.

Comment

I've been moved when I was inside a squad. So it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgie
                        I've been moved when I was inside a squad. So it is possible.
                        Therefore, this was done by an admin.........i believe the autobalance will not switch once inside a squad

Comment

There are 2 types of autobalance. The standard autobalance which comes with the game which will be displayed as autobalance 1. Then there is the BF2CC version, correctly name smartbalance because it puts the dumb standard autobalance to shame. Which will display as autobalance being turned off.

You can be switched if you are in a squad but it won't switch squad leaders or commanders with either autobalance system. I have never once as an admin teamswitched a player. There is just no need to admin the teams balance using smartbalance. However the default autobalance is terrible. The teams can get unbalanced. Usually favouring the USMC side and it can take a while before it balances out again. So I can see why an admin "may" teamswitch players if its using the default autobalance system.

Comment

Well thanks everyone for your info...will keep it in mind the next time.

Comment

Join a squad next time that helps so you dont switch and they dont care about rank when you get switched they care the teams are even

Comment

Working...
                              X