X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 community sucks

Originally posted by VEThrifty
    Exactly...

See, if your shiny new racing game included the ability to whip out a glock and shoot at the other racers, it might not be so nice anymore. :banana:
    Have to agree, I'm sure if you goto a "True Crime" community everyone would be a**holes too.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r

if PARENTS actually did their job and not sell fighting games to <18's then there would be alot less penises irritating everyone.

Fixed.

Originally posted by Scinto

kids are easialy influenced by what they see in computer games.
      And by what their parents teach them.

Get my point yet.

As for the original topic. I think it depends on the community. BF2 has many sub communities and you can't group them all into one. The community I spend most of my time playing BF2 with is great. ECGN is a great community full of good players who want fun fair game play and nothing more. Most of us are over 25 and use ventrilo. Using Vent or TS helps because people are more accountable when you can talk to them freely.

Comment

hey ur right man.......BF2 community is really shameful.....

the typical BF2 player doesnt know what sportsman ship is.....u hardly ever, in any ranked server see "GG" "NS" "good one" "thanks" "GL" etc....instead u see "pwnt", "**** you", "yo mamma" and some little crudnugget 'tea bagging' you...thats pretending to put his ballsack in your mouth....WTF.....?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

in BF2 typical public server play, there is no sportsmanship, instead of "nice shot"....................."thanks", u see "pwnt0rd" and tea bagg....followed by "**** you ***hole"

it has everything to do with maturity......any respectable gamer whos gamed for sometime would be as apalled as i was when i realised the lack of sportsmanship in the game...

not all servers are like that......ive seen ppl saying gg in quite a few......and ive seen (to a MUCH LESSER extent) ppl saying "nice shot" and "thanks" etc...not everyone tries getting erect by pretending to Tbagg fallen enemies...but damn its just to an extreme with this playerbase

Comment

Originally posted by Ramirez
          I can? Seen many, many kinds on internet playing such games.

Swearing? In BF2? Yeah, probs.

Most servers I play on do have a PB language filter, or something.

Say **** - poof, your banned.
          I was helping a m8 w/ vent, & I told him to "click" a box

I was kicked by PB for 0 min for using the banned word "lick"

rotflmao

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
          The community is bad for 3 major reasons..

1.)online ranking system
          2.)Lack of support from EA
          3.)Did I mention online ranking system?

Stats and unlocks have REALLY ruined the BF series ;_;
          unlucks ruined BF2??

LG SB

peace

Comment

All FPS games have their assholes, BF2 just has a lot more of them.

l3ad

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
              hey ur right man.......BF2 community is really shameful.....

the typical BF2 player doesnt know what sportsman ship is.....u hardly ever, in any ranked server see "GG" "NS" "good one" "thanks" "GL" etc....instead u see "pwnt", "**** you", "yo mamma" and some little crudnugget 'tea bagging' you...thats pretending to put his ballsack in your mouth....WTF.....?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

in BF2 typical public server play, there is no sportsmanship, instead of "nice shot"....................."thanks", u see "pwnt0rd" and tea bagg....followed by "**** you ***hole"

it has everything to do with maturity......any respectable gamer whos gamed for sometime would be as apalled as i was when i realised the lack of sportsmanship in the game...

not all servers are like that......ive seen ppl saying gg in quite a few......and ive seen (to a MUCH LESSER extent) ppl saying "nice shot" and "thanks" etc...not everyone tries getting erect by pretending to Tbagg fallen enemies...but damn its just to an extreme with this playerbase

The whole sportsmanship thing is why I quoted you. I did a poll at ECGN to find out who had played organized sports or not. There were a lot of people that did play sports at ECGN. Maybe that explains the good mannered players. Sportsmanship it learned and not something we are born with. My guess is more kids these days are sitting at home playing video games and not sighing up to play sports. It's unfortunate because sports can really teach you good values that spill over into other things. I almost always type gg with 5 tickers left. I guess making me go to the center of the field/court/mat as a kid to say good game no matter the outcome went a long way.

Comment

An 8-year-old doesn't need to be playing games about killing people. He/she should be enjoying life playing outside, listening to music, doing arts and crafts, playing sports, taking piano lessons, what have you.

Comment

World of Warcraft Forums: Plagued with whiners about bugs, farmers and cheaters.

Medieval 2: Total War Forums: Plagued with whiners about bugs.

Neverwinter Nights 2 Forums: Plagued with whiners about camera angles, and bugs.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Forums: Plagued with whiners about the battle system, and bugs.

Should I continue?

The only difference between the forums I mentioned, and the forum that you're praising; is that these forums featured big-ticket games with obscenely high expectations from the fan-base. This means they had plenty of content beyond pretty cars, customizing rims and driving around a pretty track all day (Something which has been already perfected, and very rarely improved upon over 20 years of console gaming.). This means the games I mentioned had more bugs. This means they had more whiners as a result.

Another issue is the lack of actual player vs player. If players were expected to ream their car into the arse-end of a rival driver; then you'd see a lot more rivalry between players, and thus, more elitists and whiners.

Of course, BF2 just has more whiners in general, simply because of the lack of support from it's creator and publisher.

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                    noone cares about custom maps here and they arent played that much, I dont understand, is everyone here a stats whore
                    In a word, yes. Lets face it, the game was designed that way, like crack.

I've tried many mods(POEII,OPK,AI, still waiting for EODII??, plus acouple others), and most of them were really good, each in their own way. Same with customs maps, there are many really good ones, BUT, EA/Dice(whoever) refuses(for lack of another word)to setup a way to get them Approved for Ranked servers. In the end, I feel your pain, because I'm soo bored of the same old maps, but can't pri myself away from the Crack Servers, I mean Ranked servers.

Comment

too many kids on bf2...always complains....

Comment

If I am sniping and me and another sniper go at it, he kills me, I usually throw out a "good shot" or something that of that effect. But I've never gotten a response back, my best guess is they could care less. And yes, the lack of teamwork is pretty bad, I don't know how many times people have driven away while they were the only one in the car while I was requesting a ride just feet out of reach, or how many times I've requested a medpack from a medic 4-5 times while he was standing right next to me, just for him to ignore me and run off. The only real way to get any teamwork is to get your friends to play with you, sqaud up, and use teamspeak or ventrillo, or at least that is what we do.

Comment

Working...
                        X