Why don't snipers actually snipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't snipers actually snipe?

I was playing Karkand last night and there were about 3 snipers who would run around dropping claymores and knifing people. I mean, isnt a sniper supposed to be away from people and not in the middle of a fight dropping claymores? Its so annoying and I'm sure there have been other threads like this, but w/e.

So, I knifed them back and t-bagged them a couple times

Re: Why don't snipers actually snipe?

Read my thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105845

Comment

Simple, 1 shot doesn't kill. I've been hit by snipers many a time, and they almost always never get to finish me off.

They're becomming easier and easier to spot and find as the game progresses, there are simply more and more experienced players inundating BF2 online, and therefore... there are virtually no hiding places for snipers.

I know how to do an area check for snipers as a commander/squad leader WITHOUT UAV or satellite scan. Just use the command/squad leader map- and right-click-spot the area you think there's a sniper, and usually, they show on everyone's map like magic.

Comment

Well I do snipe, usually I get killed by artillery, tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramirez
          lol...I remember once as MEC i climbed up the ladder to the roof near suburb, i was commanding but thought i'd do a bit of sniping if i got the chance, was pleasently sitting back, enjoying my cup of tea when BANG! blown to pieces by arty spilling my tea all over me scolding myself. :laugh:

Comment

I like sniping because it really takes a lot of practice to be good at it. It's kind of my BF2 challenge. What I don't like about it is the claymore spamming that many others do.

P.S. Good job on the t-bag

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
              Simple, 1 shot doesn't kill. I've been hit by snipers many a time, and they almost always never get to finish me off.

They're becomming easier and easier to spot and find as the game progresses, there are simply more and more experienced players inundating BF2 online, and therefore... there are virtually no hiding places for snipers.

I know how to do an area check for snipers as a commander/squad leader WITHOUT UAV or satellite scan. Just use the command/squad leader map- and right-click-spot the area you think there's a sniper, and usually, they show on everyone's map like magic.
              Simply not true. Maybe your statement makes you feel better, but I usually score 45-65 points per round, and die a total of 0-3 times for the entire round. After 800+ hours playing BF2 you can't say I've never been on a server where people are as good as you.

Yes there are lots of snipers who throw claymores everywhere, but the same is true for all the people who score their points throwing nades everywhere.

There are plenty of great places to hide out and not get killed the entire round. I can't tell you how many times, I jump to kill myself just to get more ammo. My hit average as a sniper is 50.23%, I've killed 6933 and been killed 2400 times as a sniper. Obviously good results can be acomplished if you work at it.

Comment

Originally posted by minicoop503
                I was playing Karkand last night and there were about 3 snipers who would run around dropping claymores and knifing people. I mean, isnt a sniper supposed to be away from people and not in the middle of a fight dropping claymores? Its so annoying and I'm sure there have been other threads like this, but w/e.

That's because snipers have more armor and health then they should, and are probably on par with medics in that respect.

Medics are the new assault class, followed closely by the sniper (who is more of a mine layer class now than a ranged class).

You'd think on a map like Karkand (which is close combat fighting) that you'd never see snipers (due to low visibility), yet they are the secondmost used class on that map. YOu know there is something wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                  That's because snipers have more armor and health then they should, and are probably on par with medics in that respect.
                  You're kidding right?

Snipers die when you look at them wrong.

I find them veeeery easy to kill, once you spot them.

Comment

Honeslty move on to a diffrent map karkand is bound to have all that sh** so move to a diffrent map and maby you will find that you can not die from a nade every 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by minicoop503

Erm...is this thread for real? Snipers supposed to be at a distance and spot? Snipers never finish me off?? (who you trying to kid??)

Have you actually played on a server with any half decent snipers?

How many times have you died and a medic is next to you but not revived you like they should? Or been out of ammo with a support guy right next to you but he didn't resupply you? Quite a lot i would expect......so in the same vane i would say that a lot of snipers dont spot, clay spam. There's a lot of sh*t players in BF2 that point whore and don't care about team work, it's a massive sweeping statement to accuse ALL snipers of not doing what they should.

I play Karkand, i often get gold as sniper above all the medic and support whores, getting 1 shot kills is easy..it's about practise.

Comment

What is everyone on about claymore spamming, you have two, thats it when sniping I usually protect my position with one and whack another on the flag!

I seem to spot the claymore most of the time and have only been killed 41 times in over 1000 hours on the ground, most players follow the same predictable routes and run full pelt around all the corners thats why you get killed, just take a tiny bit more care?

Comment

Snipers run around with claymores in there hand and when you are about to kill them they drop a claymore infront of you. I hate that well not if I am an engineer

btw! 600th Post!

Comment

Originally posted by Six.

Not quiet true. They can easly finish you off with a pistol. One sniper shot and then change to pistol, few shots you're down.

Most snipers are just annoying retarded ****s that run around claywhore spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramirez
                              dont forget cartillary... for some reason it's become acceptable these days.

btw i love claymores!

Comment

Working...
                              X