X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about an anti aircraft class?

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Haha! Benis you are a joke.

You did not just contradict, or at least make a wimp out of yourself here, did you? People playing vehicle mode arent all jet wh0res, most of them are groundpounders who play the game facing superior threat with no problem. You on the other hand like to keep your head in the sand, or in this case, hide yourself and protect your KDR in IO mode.

Pathetic.

I like that you replied to me in my own colour. Classic.

In any case, you must have ESP or something to be making assumptions that I actually care about my KDR.

Keep your opinions to yourself.

On topic: an AA class or weapon would have been a nerfed version of the igla anyway. Since the SAM sites are already considered universally to be useless, imagine a single shot, 200m range, even weaker missle being fired.

As I understand it, the real things can seriously butt-rape realities aircraft. No doubt the weapon would go under-used, just like M16.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapukluk
      ZOMG ROFLMAYO! That's why there is an anti-aircraft vehicle(s) on most maps. Look at a full server of experienced players on Kubra Dam for example. If played right, the air vehicles would be under the latter.
      Not sure if you're condemning me or not... but you will either see me groundpounding or driving an AA around. Most of my AA kills are still on choppers though.. It's maybe 1 plane kill per round, if any...

They are hard to hit, you can't home in on them unless they're within 100 yards, which means it's too late.. I usually get them if they're stupid enough to slow down,and I'm hiding behind a building.

But I still stand by my original statement. I need pilots on my team to take them out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
        I like that you replied to me in my own colour. Classic.
        Cant get rid of it. If I write my post right after your quotation, it sets the colours for me. I dont mock the way you write.

As for the KDR assumptions, its pretty clear youre not the guy who can shrug away the fact that he was just killed by a 10 ton vehicle with 10 times as much power as you have, neither would you be the one who takes one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
          Would ruin jets in the game. Everyone would go this kit. Imagine your sat in your jet and 20 infantry are looking on to you along with jets and IGLA's.

This is why they didn't put it in... And If they did; They'd only have to be fair to increase the rate at which you can release your flare drop rate in aircraft/rotorcraft -In which is inaccurate to the point of extremes.

Comment

Cant get rid of it. If I write my post right after your quotation, it sets the colours for me. I dont mock the way you write.

As for the KDR assumptions, its pretty clear youre not the guy who can shrug away the fact that he was just killed by a 10 ton vehicle with 10 times as much power as you have, neither would you be the one who takes one for the team.
            I play IO because I enjoy the unique challenge it presents.

Check my support guide thread, see that I'm not afraid of vehicles. The problem is not the vehicle itself, but the total uselessness of the infantry against them. The infantry are not up to par. That is my perspective.

Also I play a lot of squad leader. Why would I "take one for the team" when it means I must run/drive/fly all the friggen way back to a flag?

Since all you seem to care about are my stats, here they are:
            http://bf2s.com/player/44788034/

@kc135dood : all these problems would have been solved if they just increased the LOCK RANGE of AA, instead of the turn rate. Or whatever the other crap it is they did to AA missles.

Comment

*buff the stationary AA missile dmg or extend its range.
              *Give them all a .50 cal guns (that can't point towards the ground)
              *Give the ability to actually manually aim the missles that doesn't turn upward after a few seconds.

Comment

[I didn't read through this thread; my apologies if this has already been written...]

Horrible idea.

Instead of having snipers spawncamping carriers or airfields, you would have entire squads of anti-air opportunists salivating at the forthcoming kills.

Comment

During my playing experience I have seen many rounds when a pilot breaks the 100 kill barrier, yet his team looses. Ive come close to 100, and lost the game. Yet the times I have seen a team lose when they have a talented tanker or a chopper crew loose, are actually less.

Tank, chopper, squad- continuous overpowering support.

Jet- temporary (potential) stalemate breaker, which smart players can avoid.
                  That's because the team sucks, I have had many 100+ pt rounds in a jet and my team still loses simply because they are terrible.

Jets are insane and completely dominate the game, if I have a ground squad with me on VOIP they can cap any flag with my help, I bomb armor then pull some strafe runs on straggler infantry, then return to spawn raping.

Jets = OP, it's a joke.

Comment

Three G2A missiles to down a plane renders ground AA useless against planes thats the biggest problem. One is ideal, don't know why it was changed to 3 after 1.2

Comment

Working...
                    X