Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about an anti aircraft class?

Haha! Benis you are a joke.

Stop being a bunch of whimps, and start playing SF or more IO.
    You did not just contradict, or at least make a wimp out of yourself here, did you? People playing vehicle mode arent all jet wh0res, most of them are groundpounders who play the game facing superior threat with no problem. You on the other hand like to keep your head in the sand, or in this case, hide yourself and protect your KDR in IO mode.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by kabadi
      Aircraft are very powerful and I think there is a class missing.

An anti aircraft class with shoulder launched missiles would be good I think.
      That's me. I'm already doing that. Starting to get very effective against chopper pilots, and already have [edit: 5] kills on jets that swooped too low and I hit them with rocket (though most of the other times I still miss due to their speed).

That being said, there is already an anti-air class - it's called your team's pilots

The problem is, as I've posted many, many times, is that your pilots will leave your team to go on the opposite, so they can bomb all day without challenge. If this doesn't happen, sometimes there is an unspoken truce in the air, so that both parties can rape unchallenged... THIS IS THE PROBLEM with jets as I see it. Cowards flying them.

I have been on some teams where our pilots are diligent though,and I appreciate them so much, because it means I can do my job on the ground unhindered.

Comment

Ye it would be nice to have a AA class with the vehical that would be nice and very help ful.

Comment

BF:V offered shoulder mounted AA missiles without class restrictions and it didnt make flying impossible. [In fact, having them was the one thing that made me love to play that game]. A team full of AA soldiers would get its @ss handed to them on the ground, right - so there's some natural balancing that happens anyway. ie: A team thats getting pounded from the air will certainly take up more AA kits. Infrequent thrashings from a lone enemy heli crew, fewer kits. Its not even the missile thats effective - its the lock telling a pilot to piss off.

But anyway, there's any number of things you could do to make it balance out okay without simply stating its a sucky idea. Make it a pickup kit and only place a few on a map. Make the missiles fly slower or do less damage or give the planes more armor. Give the aircraft HUD a directional indicator so they know from what side the threat is coming from. Make the flares float in the air longer. Add chaff as a 2nd deployable defense. Etc etc. Are there any mods developing this currently?

Comment

Why is this being discussed if EA is never gonna do anything?
            Chris Red spends half his time on the forum looking for any air-bashers so he can use his amazing ability to rationalize any cheapness and/or unbalance a aircraft may have. See? Im doing it now! stop it before this turns into a flame-fest.

Comment

HAWK, most of what youre saying needs heavy recoding, whereas creating a stinger AA soldier class is a few hours work. It just doesnt work.

AND on top of that, take a look at AT soldiers class. A team full of AT should be getting their *** handed to themselves? BUT! It doesnt, because of the wonderful DAO-12.

It just wont work, unless you severely nerf the class, but if that happens, people will be starting a b!tching parade because they cant get 2 click kills.

Entity, coward pilots, exactly. The number times Ive downed a pilot who dies, takes the plane and goes straight for enemy uncap, dropping flares and bombs and going down in flames, just to get a few kills is apalling. But you also have to realize that if in a map where theres F35B against any enemy fighter, engaging the enemy is a hell of a bold move. And you have to have the guts to back it up or youll be at the respawn screen in notime, and then youre of no use. Simple example, I can get behind an average F35B pilot in less than 5 maneuver (usually in simple 2-3) if they are behind me.

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn
              Why is this being discussed if EA is never gonna do anything?
              Chris Red spends half his time on the forum looking for any air-bashers so he can use his amazing ability to rationalize any cheapness and/or unbalance a aircraft may have. See? Im doing it now! stop it before this turns into a flame-fest.
              And you can use your unbelievable potential of whining to go and play IO, like the rest of the "bold crew" does. Mmkay?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                HAWK, most of what youre saying needs heavy recoding, whereas creating a stinger AA soldier class is a few hours work. It just doesnt work.

AND on top of that, take a look at AT soldiers class. A team full of AT should be getting their *** handed to themselves? BUT! It doesnt, because of the wonderful DAO-12.

It just wont work, unless you severely nerf the class, but if that happens, people will be starting a b!tching parade because they cant get 2 click kills.

Entity, coward pilots, exactly. The number times Ive downed a pilot who dies, takes the plane and goes straight for enemy uncap, dropping flares and bombs and going down in flames, just to get a few kills is apalling. But you also have to realize that if in a map where theres F35B against any enemy fighter, engaging the enemy is a hell of a bold move. And you have to have the guts to back it up or youll be at the respawn screen in notime, and then youre of no use. Simple example, I can get behind an average F35B pilot in less than 5 maneuver (usually in simple 2-3) if they are behind me.

And you can use your unbelievable potential of whining to go and play IO, like the rest of the "bold crew" does. Mmkay?
                See what I mean?

Comment

y r tey so mean 2 me?
                  Fix´d.

Comment

I didnt post that?
                    wth?
                    and since stats really cant show this, I will just say that I havnt played on a IO server in over 2 months. I play on servers where aircraft is employed quite brutally. So im afraid im not a part of the "bold crew" you categorize me in.

Comment

I didnt post that?
                      wth?
                      and since stats really cant show this, I will just say that I havnt played on a IO server in over 2 months. I play on servers where aircraft is employed quite brutally. So im afraid im not a part of the "bold crew" you categorize me in.
                      One, quote me where Ive said jets arent overpowered.
                      Two, quite me where Ive said that STA and ground based air counter is perfectly fine.

Unless you find me saying that, you can stuff your stupid posts right back up your @ss.

Ive said that you can use STA effectively if you care to take the time to master it and/or use teamwork via 2 STA sites (at least). Practice shows that works. Ive also said that no matter what, STA is still lower in the food chain because its grounded, visible to HUD and basically immobile.

Now to the real beef. People who like to whine about jets, in these forums, arent really giving any real solutions that would work out practically, because they have no idea what they are talking about past "jets are too powerful and pilots are pointwhores", which is why, many months ago, Ive come to ignore and/or make fun of such posters. You are one of them.

Im sorry, but the fact that you play jet maps didnt quite cover your level of whining.

Theres a complaint post, with a problem, possible (reasonable) solutions that cover both sides without totally hindering any of them, which sparks an interest to read them. During my stay here theres only a handful of such posts. So no, youre not being original, youre not being interesting and neither DICE nor people actually care about what youre saying unless you put some heavy thought into the subject.

DICE gave you weapons of mass destruction in patch 1.2, you whined you got too many teamkills. DICE fixed the issue, leaving missiles still godlike, although with less damage, pilots adapted (as they always do), you started to whine again. Throughout BF2 history, the weak mass has whined and made the strong few adapt to their gameplay, without adapting themselves. [/generally speaking]

Besides, this all has been covered way before. I guess I just posted in here because I felt a little nostalgia. Back when Wargimp was at the front of STA supporters with his great and awesome posts.

Comment

Im not going to go through your +1000 posts to find one where you make the claim that jets aren't overpowered. And as to your claim that no one is making reasonable suggestions, why dont they just make the J-10 as equally powerful as all the other planes, problem solved. Oh, but of course that would be an atrocity, but than again it wouldnt be a problem because you "Strong few" would adapt to it. Or heres another REASONABLE suggestion, make it so planes cant see anyone on the minimap unless they've been spotted, UAV wouldnt show the pilots anything. This wouldn't hinder any pilots, it would balance the gameplay out. Now I know your just gonna come on with a reason why this wont be fair/why I should shove it back up my ***/some other unnecessary flame so I'm not gonna continue bothering to argue about this because you won't care and you will continue to abuse anyone elses opinions. Many people have made fine fine suggestions as to making the problems with aircrafts balanced, its not my fault your strong few who can supposedly adapt to anything have a problem with that.

Comment

It would be interesting to try, try being the key word here.

Comment

How about a new idea? J/k

Anyways maybe you should try an enemy territory game, where troops have options as to what weapon they would like to choose. I dont mean a variation of the same weapon, such as M16A2 and F2000. I mean completly differnet like rifle , flamethrower, or rocket.

Comment

Im not going to go through your +1000 posts to find one where you make the claim that jets aren't overpowered.
                              I believe its close to 3000, either way youre not going to find anything else than me saying that STA can be mastered, and can be used with great success. Problem is that stationary STA is not fun to use.

And as to your claim that no one is making reasonable suggestions, why dont they just make the J-10 as equally powerful as all the other planes, problem solved.
                              People have been saying this since day one. And I dont know anyone who has said J10 is fine, hell, they even caged it in Wake Airshow map. All in all, J10 can be a superior plane, but it should be as voulnerable to missiles as any other, F18 goes into the same category.

Oh, but of course that would be an atrocity, but than again it wouldnt be a problem because you "Strong few" would adapt to it.
                              The strong few didnt adapt to it, they are just grinding their teeth and accepting the challenge. The strong few doesnt like to play in easy mode, you know, the mode you want? The 2 click autokill skycleaning mod? Some of us actually take the game as a challenge, not a neverending change towards Super Mario Bros, where all you need to do is jump, and collect your points.

Or heres another REASONABLE suggestion, make it so planes cant see anyone on the minimap unless they've been spotted
                              Its a good suggestion. But how do you identify a friend from foe? Strike one.

UAV wouldnt show the pilots anything. This wouldn't hinder any pilots, it would balance the gameplay out.
                              How would a pilot know which flag to bomb? He can either go blindly, bomb the flag his teammates are taking. But what if that flag is empty. Isnt that 2 bombs wasted? How would a pilot know what to bomb? Should a pilot circle all flags 3 times before he knows which one to bomb? This will lead to an even stronger urge to bomb uncaps. Strike two.

Now I know your just gonna come on with a reason why this wont be fair/why I should shove it back up my ***/some other unnecessary flame so I'm not gonna continue bothering to argue about this because you won't care and you will continue to abuse anyone elses opinions.
                              You can complain about me being infair to you all day long, but aslong as you wont suggest IMPROVEMENTS that would work on both sides, and continue with the nerf parade, I will not take you seriously, and so wont anyone else. Think about it, get in pilots shoes for a moment, youll see how limited his actions are. Youll see that there are tons of methods that would make a pilot bomb the targets you want them to bomb, instead of targets they want to bomb.

Many people have made fine fine suggestions as to making the problems with aircrafts balanced, its not my fault your strong few who can supposedly adapt to anything have a problem with that.
                              We adapt because we are forced to adapt, you dont because you dont want to, and accept your fate.

Heres a list of good suggestions so far-

*Take off STA sites HUD marking, and its indication of occupation on the minimap.
                              *Decrease bomb splash damage radius, but leave the damage as is, to make them anti armor weapons, instead of anti armor AND anti infantry
                              *Increase the reload time for a jet
                              *Increase STA sites lock time
                              *Add at least one Mobile STA per side on each map (needs balancing)
                              *Reduce cannon splash damage to minimum
                              *Decrease the jets ATS HUD range, but increase the range of spotted targets indication in HUD
                              *Boost up uncaps STA, with either additional STA sites or even a stationary Essex like thingy (Its odd, but doable)

There are some more, small, here and there. These are just that i remember from the past.

Now, fact is, these suggestions will either give pilots a tougher enemy, or make them work harder on precision bombing and killing.

But you also have to remember this simple fact- a bumrushing stupid infantry grunt dies to everything anyway. Smart players who know whats going on, can avoid jets rather easily. Granted, it cant be done easily when youre in a vehicle, but otherwise its possible. Ive had plenty of rounds where I die to a jet 2 or less times. From what I can tell, the worst is going on in FF-OFF servers where carpetbombing with no TK threat can mak egrunts suffer most. But that comes with nade spamming aswell anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                                That's me. I'm already doing that. Starting to get very effective against chopper pilots, and already have 3 kills on jets that swooped too low and I hit them with rocket (though most of the other times I still miss due to their speed).

That being said, there is already an anti-air class - it's called your team's pilots

The problem is, as I've posted many, many times, is that your pilots will leave your team to go on the opposite, so they can bomb all day without challenge. If this doesn't happen, sometimes there is an unspoken truce in the air, so that both parties can rape unchallenged... THIS IS THE PROBLEM with jets as I see it. Cowards flying them.

I have been on some teams where our pilots are diligent though,and I appreciate them so much, because it means I can do my job on the ground unhindered.
                                ZOMG ROFLMAYO! That's why there is an anti-aircraft vehicle(s) on most maps. Look at a full server of experienced players on Kubra Dam for example. If played right, the air vehicles would be under the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X