Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Palit 7300GT Sonic

Originally posted by Xylaquin
    Thanks guys! Rememeber you are reffering to the Palit Sonic version which has faster speeds than most 7300GTs though... My concerns are price & power with these suggested cards. The better the card, the more chance my 300w psu will be too little. You guys have been very very helpfull, thanks!

But anyway, taking your advice I found a Sapphire X1600 with 12 px pipes 800mhz gddr2 and 500mhz gpu.

[url=http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=462635]Sapphire X1650Pro 12px pipes 1350MHz GDDR3 mem and 450mhz GPU (slower)

Heres a 7600GS with the same gddr3 mem speed as the 7300gt but again a slower gpu speed. :hmm: You sure it's better?
    I would stay well clear of the 1600 i have the pro version and it sucks only just able toplay on low.

Comment

I think i'll go back to my previous plan and hope that £160 comes my way. My current stick has a cas latency of 3, and scan doesn't sell that same kind.

Why doesn't someone make a graphics card where you can insert a standard cpu and some standard ram. That'd be awesome and customizable.

Comment

Alright, 2gigs of DDR2 533 and a 256MB Palit 7600GT Sonic with default speeds at 1500Mhz mem and 575Mhz gpu, 12 pipes running at a resolution of 1024x768.

How well will that go? BTW Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated.

Comment

It doesnt matter about the "stock speed". The Palit card is an overclicked one, which is why it seems to run at that speed. The only way it will run at that speed stock is to use their age old drivers. Just get the cheapest 7600GT with 256MB RAM and overclock it yourself. It can handle all settings high, 4xaa, 1280x1024 @ about 75fps constant (yes, constant, not average).

Comment

It certainly won't run BF2 at 1280 x 1024 at all high with 4xAA at 75FPS... not without overclocking...

You will get steady framerates at 1280 x 1024 with all high bar AA... however, with larger maps and servers such as 64 players, you will notice the framerate drops below 30fps when in intense action.

Comment

Sorry, I am overclocking. But it's very stable.

Comment

I have a problem whereby i overclock, but every time i play a game, it will freeze for about 10 - 15 seconds, the sound stops for about 5 seconds, and then everything goes back to normal...?

Somebody told me it's because there is not enough power going to my card. Do you (camperstruck) have yours volt modded?

Comment

My monitor is a 15inch @ 1024x768 and I plan to play at that resolution not 1280x1024. And camperstruck, the Palit is the cheapest 7600GT (cheaper ones are GS).

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                    It certainly won't run BF2 at 1280 x 1024 at all high with 4xAA at 75FPS... not without overclocking...
                    Yes, it can.

Look at my signature.

Comment

No, it can't...

Look at my signature...

I think your just "big upping" your rig. BE honest, it can't...

Comment

Guys it doesn't matter, I'm asking what it'd do at 1024x768.

Comment

It would rock your socks...

A 7600gt would play all high, maybe with a bit of AA, at 1024 x 768 at a high frame rate.

Comment

At 1024x768, a 7600gt would keep things going very fast. I think a consistent 75fps as described above is a little optimistic, but who knows. Textures will be a tad ugly at 1024x768; you can turn up the AA to compensate a little to strike a balance between smooth textures and smooth performance.

Comment

Thanks guys! Tomorrow we'll see how much dosh we have (or I have bwahaha!).

I play all my games at 1024x768, my currently fav game is C&C Ren which has no AA options, but I can play without AA if that is a problem.

Comment

Remember to download the latest drivers from the Nvidia website for best performance. I think the latest ones are 97.31

Comment

Working...
                                X