Word to the Wise - Medics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word to the Wise - Medics

Okay - you've got your shock paddles out and are ready to rack up dem points.

But before you do - for christ's sake - please CLEAR THE AREA!!!!! That's why the guy shouts clear!

There's no smoke without the proverbial fire, and no corpses without a killer.

Man, it is SO frustrating to get revived when you expect to span safely and/or on your squad leader, then zinG! Revived to die! Simply cos some cabron doesn't look each way when crossing the road. Meanwhile the etam loses tickets and you lose time for that eventual safe respawn.

When I'm medic, that's the way I go. Word.

[ps - happy yuletide/holidays/chrimbo/pagan saturnalia to all, including naff medics ]

Re: Word to the Wise - Medics

You are being revived in the field, always expect attack.

Comment

Of course you have to be prepared for immediate fire, but don't revive if under heavy fire. Eliminate the obvious threats, and then try to revive who you can.

It hurts the poor saps KDR (for those who care), and reduces your teams tickets. You lose 1 for your first death, 1 for the second, and then probably 1 for the dead medic, and then extras for two unsuccessful revives. All from one tool who just wants revive scores.

Comment

It doesnt reduce his KD ratio. If you notice when you get hit and are in Critical Condition, look at the scoreboard. You will not earn a death until you actually die. If you revive, it doesnt count as a kill.

As for tickets...I am not sure, but I think the same applies

Comment

Originally posted by RUDEnKRUDE
          please CLEAR THE AREA!!!!! That's why the guy shouts clear!
          You do realise that has absolutely nothing to do with why he shouts clear, right?

EDIT: Raidyr is right, you don't die until you die, and you don't lose a ticket until you die either.

Comment

Originally posted by Calder27
            You do realise that has absolutely nothing to do with why he shouts clear, right?

EDIT: Raidyr is right, you don't die until you die, and you don't lose a ticket until you die either.
            Sure I know - I seen ER too. It's fair use of the expression...

OK - so maybe no tickets are lost, but it's still a pain in the gluteous maximus to be on the end of sb else's killemup, and it IS a doggam timewaster. Not only are you primed to get back into the fray but instead jigglin like an 1980s east coast breakdancer, the Medic himself gets wasted, which DOES affect tickets.

Anyways, i raised the issue for folks to devise some best practice. Is working!

Comment

A general rule of thumb is, if you get revived soon after being killed, sprint for cover asap. Sometimes not possible, but either is killing the enemy possible for the medic in many occassions.

Comment

I revive anywhere at anytime I dont care if the person dies I would come back for another 2 points till im dead.

Comment

The only time I do not like being revived myself is right infront of 3 prone machinegunners...it has happened before.

Other then that, I revive and expect to be revived any other time.

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
                    The only time I do not like being revived myself is right infront of 3 prone machinegunners...it has happened before.

Other then that, I revive and expect to be revived any other time.
                    Ya some people are that bad that they know the person will revive and the killer waits for the revive and then boom dead again and again like a little game.

Comment

Hmm doesn't really belong here but I see so many medics that miss when trying to revive and then spam the chat with Clears and waiting for them to recharge.. I've read medic guides and I havent seen this tip anywhere... It doesnt work everytime but right after you use the shock paddies switch to another weapon right after (before your char rubs them together), wait a second or so and then switch back.. then they're ready to go.. I use this method regularly on a 4 or 5 pack of teammates killed by a nade :P

Comment

Clearing the area before reviving only works best when team/squadmates are helping to provide covering fire/clearing the area WHILE you are reviving a team-mate.

Unfortunately, in a game like this, just about most noobs and whatever you call em are simply hungry for points, and don't seem to think about how often they get killed, as long as they get those revive and heal points.

When I play medic, I always try to make sure I have a fast vehicle to use as an ambulance- which also doubles as cover when I stop it in front of enemy infantry as I get out to revive/heal friendlies.

You've probably been running into my mate who just started playing BF2 and has been "getting most of the points from being medic". I'll try and tell him to get more points with clearing enemies before topping it off with the intended revive.

Comment

i just love it when 3 to 5 point whoring medics fight to revive ONE person, even when i'm prone with my pkm. i'll just wait for the person to get revived and blast away. c4ing them is the best. u can get 4 to 5 kills in a jiffy.

cheers

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to add:

When spammin Medic baggies, leave em in cover - not out in theopen where u gotta take fire to bag-up!!!!!

That goes for Support ammo bags too.

WOuld u b at all surprised at how little that sage advice is actually took???

Comment

Yea it is a good idea to clear the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X